• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If turning Aunt May into a dinosaur ALSO prevents cancer, who am I to argue with Dr. Sauron

Turn her into a dinosaur I say

It's an amusing out-of-context panel but it does highlight an easy answer for an otherwise massive flaw within comic book worlds - yeah, there are probably dozens if not hundreds of geniuses running around who could cure cancer overnight, but they simply don't want to.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that they should care and should want to, but I s'pose they just have more important things to take care of, like Galactus trying to eat the planet or whatever.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is their long con to give Aunt May Spider powers. If not pass, she doesn't deserve this

You mean like Spider-Ma'am?

latest

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The Marvel Universe, where the biggest villain is cancer. This is a world with reality bending entities, healing factors, alien technology, literal immortality exist, and so on.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
How is that trolling?

You seriously don't understand why putting the surprise of the first new issue of a comic in a thread title - not in the thread itself, but a title- before anyone can get to the store to read it, isn't going to be an issue for some people?

I myself personally don't care much about being spoiled but something like this should be in a thread behind a spoiler tag.

If you don't get that, then I'm not sure what else to tell you to make you understand.

If this was an older story, say a year old-then that's different. This isn't even out for most people yet.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Imagine the sadness of not being able to discover that Aunt May may have cancer for yourself.

Hopefully this means NEW CLONE SAGA!

Oh baby I am so ready for endless panels of MJ and two Peters endlessly going on about their troubles to a comatose May.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You seriously don't understand why putting the surprise of the first new issue of a comic in a thread title - not in the thread itself, but a title- before anyone can get to the store to read it, isn't going to be an issue for some people?

I myself personally don't care much about being spoiled but something like this should be in a thread behind a spoiler tag.

If you don't get that, then I'm not sure what else to tell you to make you understand.

If this was an older story, say a year old-then that's different. This isn't even out for most people yet.
No, I cant understand thinking Aunt May might be dying is an actual surprise.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's more likely that this is it for her tbh. Given the other adjustments that've been made since the relaunch and how it'll probably tie in to the OMD storyline that's going on.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
With the sliding timeline, this event will likely only last like 10 mins in new Earth 616 before it revert. Its still 616 right?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I gathered in the dumb comic moments thread, the last time this happened Peter and MJ sacrificed the body and soul of their unborn son to Mephisto to bring aunt may back.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Cancer and comics, remember when Superman made Supergirl tell a kid he was going to die from cancer?

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, did she get exposed to radioactive materials the same way that Mary Jane was exposed in Spider-Man: Reign (because she was doing his laundry, pervs)?
gpcpLqP.jpg

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
It's an amusing out-of-context panel but it does highlight an easy answer for an otherwise massive flaw within comic book worlds - yeah, there are probably dozens if not hundreds of geniuses running around who could cure cancer overnight, but they simply don't want to.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that they should care and should want to, but I s'pose they just have more important things to take care of, like Galactus trying to eat the planet or whatever.
I actually agree with Dr. Sauron. I want to turn people into dinosaurs too. The frequency with which it's quoted just highlights its genius. Even if the real world cures cancer we might start getting super cancer and comics will use that then.

To be honest I'm surprised Aunt May has lived this long. She's been drawn like a sickly mummy since the beginning. I don't mean to be rude but that's how I've always felt. :p

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The guy writing this series, Tom Taylor, is one of the best out there right now. He's amazing with characterization, and he's incredibly socially conscious. So before any of you jump on the Negative Nancy Bandwagon, you may want to take a deep breath and just see how things play out.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So we don't want Peter worried about money, marriage, or kids, but retreading the sick aunt angle for the 90th time in 60 years is what's popping in the streets?

Let Aunt May die. Kill her if you have to.

Just don't give me another ridiculous montage of Pete asking Dr. Strange and Reed goddamn Richards about why they can't cure breast cancer, and turning to some extra-dimensional evil to retcon his life again. Unless of course this is a plot device to un-retcon his life, in which case I say, fire away.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The guy writing this series, Tom Taylor, is one of the best out there right now. He's amazing with characterization, and he's incredibly socially conscious. So before any of you jump on the Negative Nancy Bandwagon, you may want to take a deep breath and just see how things play out.

Absolutely-Tom wrote All new Wolverine and X-Men Red-two of the best X-Men books in like a decade. He also created the best new X-Man in years: Honey Badger.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I looked through the first few pages on comixology this morning and opted not to buy it. Just wasn't feeling the art.
Well, I get why this might seem a bit boring for long time fans, May has been dying since the 60s after all. While also getting younger and healthier from time to time, lol. But hey, a mainstream comic talking about this subject matter is pretty cool I think.
I remember reading this the first (?) time it happened. Hope folks enjoy this version as much
Oh boy, this destroyed kid me. I don't care that they retconned it, I still love this issue.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely-Tom wrote All new Wolverine and X-Men Red-two of the best X-Men books in like a decade. He also created the best new X-Man in years: Honey Badger.

He took a fucking video game adaptation and turned it into one of DC's best books. Did anyone honestly expect ANYTHING from Injustice? Taylor has more than earned the opportunity to tell whatever story he has in mind.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
He took a fucking video game adaptation and turned it into one of DC's best books. Did anyone honestly expect ANYTHING from Injustice? Taylor has more than earned the opportunity to tell whatever story he has in mind.

He completely understands how to make compelling stories and great characters.

So many writers think what makes X-Men stories interesting are pages after pages of characters showing off their powers in a big confusing fight.