• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool and very legal power grab

President Trump declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the 2020 election, saying "Get rid of the ballots and you'll have a very peaceful — there won't be a transfer, frankly, there'll be a continuation."

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The craziest part of trumps stupidity is he is clearly terrified of the idea that once he is out of the white house state charges and maybe federal ones will be coming his way, and whats insane about that is that knowing he's a criminal he still ran to be president becasue of his ego even though by doing so everyone would look deeper into his past than he ever had them look before, but he could have stopped doing illegal shit and started to act like an actual president and maybe people would have found it easier to accept the bullshit "move on to heal the nation" shit, but he just can't help himself but be an asshole and his ego won't let him ever admit he is wrong or stop him being an asshole, so he pushed so hard that now it's basically impossible for any future democrat to openly argue for the moving on phase instead of charges because people hate him so much and have seen him be so openly corrupt.

The fact that he just can't stop being a criminal even for 4 years when everyone has eyes on him is insane. Dude will do anything be can to stay in power and out of cuffs but it ain't gonna work, if he or the GOP think they can openly steal this election to benefit trump and trump only then all I can say is good luck to them and that they have really underestimated just how ready the majority of america is to fight them over this.

We better begin to see riots and protests unheard of in American history, because we already know Trump's plan is hoping the system has enough yes men to protect him yet again. If they protected him for impeachment, he's trying to get protection via the election itself, and if not that, the Supreme Court.

He's not fucking leaving.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
It's shit like this that makes the horserace coverage so hard to swallow. It's like if one team before the Super Bowl kept saying the other team can only win through cheating, that they won't accept a loss, etc. That would be the story! You wouldn't keep comparing o-lines or what not.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Reporter: "If violence erupts at the polls leading up to Election Day, do you believe they should be kept open to allow voters to participate in the democratic process?"
Trump: "We'll have to see."

Reporter: "If you win the election, will you have your political enemies imprisoned?"

Reporter: "Can we expect to see an official White House declaration of open genocide on minorities, should a second Trump term come to pass?"

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
We better begin to see riots and protests unheard of in American history, because we already know Trump's plan is hoping the system has enough yes men to protect him yet again. If they protected him for impeachment, he's trying to get protection via the election itself, and if not that, the Supreme Court.

Totally agree with you, I'm not American but I've seen and learned about more than enough riots and protests that actually disrupted daily life for those better off in Europe to know that if they won't listen to the people and the peoples voices are ignored, then the people need to show them that they aren't gonna take that shit. America likes to think it's democracy can't ever be taken down and destroyed because of it's constitution but trump has shown that it ain't worth shit if they just decide to ignore it and have the backing of other parts of government.

I've said it multiple times recently, if the GOP and trump want to steal the election and refuse to do as the people vote, then burn the whole fucking system down, the moment that buildings and businesses that the GOPs backers own start being fucked with is the moment the GOP are forced to remove trump. Hurt their money and they'll change their tune real fast.

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017

That alone , as bad as it is, wouldn't be sufficient for him to stay in office, it would be by complicity and conspiracy with sufficient number of state and federal GOP legislators, and the courts and (as a last resort the military). Unfortunately, I have less and less confidence in that happening by the day

This article is exhibit A for why there is concern, from a professor of Electoral Law https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/09/trump-plan-supreme-court-stop-election-vote-count.html

That being said, still vote. If/when there's more to be done afterwards, then we can fight like hell on that battlefield too.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It's time to start believing the autocrat, folks. Stop with the "he's just posturing" shit. He's not. None of the Republicans are. This attitude of "Well they wouldn't do THAT" is unbearably naive at this point. They would, and they will.

Muse98

May 28, 2020
What I wonder is what will we do if he ends up getting re-elected and loses the popular vote again by 3-5 million votes...

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If he wins, then obviously not. That's what he meant. There I translated this tweet and also predicted the November future for us all.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I thought this thread was going to be about this article:

www.vanityfair.com

The Trump Campaign Is Reportedly Plotting an Election Coup to “Bypass” a Biden Win

How Republican-controlled state legislatures could be used to circumvent the results of the election and ensure a Trump victory.

This is terrifying because it actually is "legal." Undemocratic, but legal. I don't feel comfortable sharing what I think should take place should this happen.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I know I've become numb to it all but some of the shit this dude says... like, make a transcript of this answer, send it back in time 10 years and say that a US President says this before an election. Everyone would call bullshit and say it's fake.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if Donald Trump would actually attempt to do this.
www.forbes.com

Trump Threatens To Issue Executive Order Preventing Biden From Being Elected President

"He is the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics."
I like this part from that article. He tells us more and more about how he operates with things like this:

Trump also expanded on his unproven claim that Biden is on drugs, stating, "they gave him a big fat shot in the ass… and for two hours, he is better than ever before. Problem is, what happens after that?"

Oct 25, 2017
This is terrifying because it actually is "legal." Undemocratic, but legal. I don't feel comfortable sharing what I think should take place should this happen.

Yeah, being in Pennsylvania, I've seen the lengths our Republican legislators have gone in an attempt to undermine our Democratic Governor during this pandemic. I wouldn't put it past them for a second to do whatever they have to do to keep Trump.

cmalex23

Avenger
Oct 10, 2018
How is this OK to any American?! I'm a democrat and if I heard this shit coming from Obama or Clinton, I would be just as terrified. I hate this so much.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
He wants anarchy.... people aren't ready for anarchy. I don't think people realize how much shit he has planned with his degenerates.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This gets more and more terrifying each time. i know he's been saying some form of this since way back in 2016 when he implied he would not concede if he lost that election, but now he has way more to lose if he is ousted out of power. I truly hope this election is a massive landslide, and not even Trump can spin some insane story about how he really won.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I don't know what's more sad: the stats of our country or how the role and honor of the presidency has been ruined

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
People say this but I live in a area that has Trump shit all over the place. These people are just itching to shoot a "lib" if he wants to fight the election results he has a fucking army.
You have to appreciate the irony that the very people who insist they need an arsenal to defend against fascism, will enthusiastically support fascism.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
People say this but I live in a area that has Trump shit all over the place. These people are just itching to shoot a "lib" if he wants to fight the election results he has a fucking army.
Eh, his "army" of supporters is a secondary concern, if he actually legitimately circumvents the election because Republican States help him then we'll have to contend with the real military, police, FBI and everyone else.

I hope this shit is just posturing but if it isn't, well, things are going to be bad. We're either going to have to fight those apparatuses of government with force or resign to Authoritarianism.

Jan 4, 2018
The problem with Mitt's tweet (and the original question to Trump in the first place), is that it assumes a situation in which there is no doubt that power should transfer from one party to another. In our case, Republicans are going to try to invalidate the results (aka mail-in ballots) and cast doubt over who should be in power in order to make it seem like Trump refusing to accept the outcome is the morally right thing to do in the face of an illegal election "rigged" by the Democrats.

In their reality, a peaceful transfer of power is not able to exist, therefore it's not hypocritical to say this now and then later back Trump regardless of the actual voting. Basically, just don't be surprised when Romney (and all Republicans) do a quick 180 once Trump formally claims his opposition to the election.

Last edited:

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might become his leverage to stay out of prison.

Thing is - are there similar states with similar advantages for Democrats? Would guess it would go this route and into chaos (which ultimately feeds Trump).

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
This is him seeing if Republicans will stop him. He just said our in the open he doesn't intend to honor the election results. Right there out in the open. If republicsns stay silent then rhey are not just complicit, they are willing participants.

This is it, people. Democracy is about to die if people don't show up and show out.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This election really can't be close. We need to win every swing state. Heck, we can hopefully win Texas (Trump is up in TX by less than a point on average!!). We have to show the world this man didn't just lose, he was annihilated. So when the GOP tries to steal the White House, it'll be blatantly obvious what's occurring.