• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Note that he's not asked about challenging results, he's asking if he'd commit to a peaceful transition.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
It's so weird that we are this close to what is going to be a REALLY bad time in our history (as if it hasn't already been), and we know it's coming.

May 26, 2018
peaceful transition, best case scenario, everyone evacuates the white house a few days after election day, leaving a bunch of papers and shit on the ground, doors open, toilets unscrubbed, paintings torn

that's peaceful

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He literally said the Democrats can't win unless it's rigged so he's kind of been going transparent on this for awhile. His entire schtick is if he says something enough it will become the party code. It's so sad how there are so many weak-willed, small-brained people in society that had their identities just completely overwritten by this lumbering moron.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
"get rid of the ballots" and you'll have a continuation of power

I don't even know what to say

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
How is this even a question? You lose the election, the countdown is on until your last day in office.

If it has to be a legit question, the guy can't be allowed to remain in power - and, of course, should never have had it in the first place.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Note that he's not asked about challenging results, he's asking if he'd commit to a peaceful transition.

Well then, he probably means he will just continue to wreck shit on his way out, not go to the inauguration etc. I'm sure he will challenge the results at some point though.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
He is 100% contesting the results if he is declared loser so none of this shit surprises me.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
If the results are certified, and Joe Biden has won, that's it. It's over. He can say whatever he wants, but he will leave on Jan 20th one way or another.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
if he loses officially, he will ask his supporters to push the limits of protesting and that the police/unnamed military will protect them.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
The craziest part of trumps stupidity is he is clearly terrified of the idea that once he is out of the white house state charges and maybe federal ones will be coming his way, and whats insane about that is that knowing he's a criminal he still ran to be president becasue of his ego even though by doing so everyone would look deeper into his past than he ever had them look before, but he could have stopped doing illegal shit and started to act like an actual president and maybe people would have found it easier to accept the bullshit "move on to heal the nation" shit, but he just can't help himself but be an asshole and his ego won't let him ever admit he is wrong or stop him being an asshole, so he pushed so hard that now it's basically impossible for any future democrat to openly argue for the moving on phase instead of charges because people hate him so much and have seen him be so openly corrupt.

The fact that he just can't stop being a criminal even for 4 years when everyone has eyes on him is insane. Dude will do anything be can to stay in power and out of cuffs but it ain't gonna work, if he or the GOP think they can openly steal this election to benefit trump and trump only then all I can say is good luck to them and that they have really underestimated just how ready the majority of america is to fight them over this.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone thinking "At end he will accept the result, there will be no problem, him clinging to the presidency in an inconstitucional fashion in UNTHINKABLE" is in for a very rude awakening.

Hell , maybe there are Democrats secretly hoping for Trump to win in a landslide just to not be in the terrifying position of having to do something.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
My biggest fear is that Biden won't actually win. That's all. Everything else I'm not concerned about. If he loses he will be dragged out kicking and screaming if need be.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
Anxiously awaiting for someone to come along and say he was taken out of context.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the Constitution doesn't actually mandate a peaceful transfer of power.

I can basically see Lindsey Graham saying this as troops are ordered to fire on Americans. "The president has the constitutional power to use the troops as he sees fit, and because the election results are inconclusive, by golly Trump is acting within his rights as president"

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want to see Trump dragged out of the WH by force, I really don't think it will come to that. Either he will succeed in stealing the election, or he will leave after losing.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
1) what the hell is that hand gesture? Is he complaining the reporter can't be heard with his mask on?

2) I feel like the quote in OP is the least scary part about what he actually said.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
It is WILD to think his grown adult cult is at home probably pumping their fists going "Hell Yea!" To this fucking idiot

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He's an absolute wuss. If he can't get someone else to steal the election for him successfully, he'll scarper.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I can basically see Lindsey Graham saying this as troops are ordered to fire on Americans. "The president has the constitutional power to use the troops as he sees fit, and because the election results are inconclusive, by golly Trump is acting within his rights as president"

I read that in his voice while imagining him in a tin helmet and boy scout uniform lol

higgy

Oct 25, 2017
Actually there is a very real scenario he's been laying out right in front of everyone in plain sight where he can attempt to steal the election.

His voters will vote in person leading to the Red Trump mirage on election night. He will be in the lead late into the night and even the next day. Then the Blue shift will happen with the mail in vote like it did in the 2018 senate race In Arizona. The Republican was ahead by 20 thousand or so votes then the Democrat won with the late surge of mail in ballots.

This is where in this period HE WILL CLAIM he has won and the election is being stolen from him. The Republican lawyers and courts in these swing states will stop the counts to investigate the "fraud" that is being claimed by the president and Fox News. His supporters will storm the voting facilities demanding he be declared the rightful winner.

The cases will be kicked up the Federal court systems that he has filled since 2016 and get the newly confirmed Supreme Court to rule in the Republicans favor like they did Bush Vs Gore.

The ballots will be tossed and the earlier Trump leads in a few vital swing states will be certified handing him re-election.

This article is very long but I think is a very real possibility. I hope I'm wrong but at this point........

MSN

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
I've been terrified of this exact scenario for the last 5 years. All police unions have endorsed him. He has his maniacal supporters with assault rifles in every city. What do we think is going to happen when he tells his supporters the election results are rigged and they need to take to the streets?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It says enough about the Republican Party that they're completely silent on Trump basically implying he'd be willing to risk a civil war to stay in power if he loses. In any actual functioning democracy he'd be dragged out of office for this.