• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I want to stress the importance of how sensitive and infuriating the video content may be.

There was an incident in the town of Santa Maria, CA yesterday, 11/8/20 involving a gay man and Trump supporters. Jacob Garza claims he was chased by, crashed and then assaulted by Trump supporters. They say he threw a bottle at them. There is no video of what actually happened, but there is video of the aftermath. We see Jacob Garza being choked out by Trump supporters, they take his phone, yell at him. They say he's going to jail and threaten him with "You are going to die" and "Welcome to MAGA country, motherfucker". The cops come and immediately put him in handcuffs.

From Jacob's GoFundMe:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/26ucc0hd1c

Hello everyone, my name is Jacob Garza and I was a victim of a hate crime by Trump Supporters that occurred this afternoon in Santa Maria, California around (2:00pm) 11/08/20. I was targeted and attacked in the midst of a Trump rally for simply being gay. I was followed and harassed which ultimately led to a multi-car accident while trying to escape. I was dragged, degraded, and assaulted until police arrived on scene. Any form of donations would be greatly appreciated for legal fees and medical expenses. Thank you for your support and understanding. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHWQnVRn792/?igshid=y8y7lbabrads If you can identify anyone who was there please contact on Instagram @jacobeliieth

Video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHWQnVRn792/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Luckily no one in the crash was hurt, except for Jacob who was immediately assaulted.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
Fuck them, they need 10 years in jail

only in America, Biden has a lot of work to do

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck. Why did the cops immediately arrest that kid no questions asked
I read about a poll that 84% or so of all cops in the united states voted for trump.. sooo yeaahh..
edit: I would post the poll but for the life of me I cannot find it, so take my info however you want.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Goddamnit I fucking hate all cops, useless fucking racist bastards.

Also, the central coast is a white flight shit hole. Maybe I need to get the fuck outta here.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to watch this, because as a gay man, I've seen way too much of this shit already. But reading the description was enough.

Fucking defund the police.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
So is the allegation that the guy that got piled on threw a water bottle at a car that then flipped over? Or was it his car that crashed?

Regardless, these Trump fuckwits are top tier trash. Lol at even thinking Santa Maria— or Santa Barbara County for that matter— is "MAGA country". 😂

A good reminder though that every community, no matter how liberal or progressive they are in aggregate, is going to have their own pockets of MAGA klan members.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty hard to tell what happened but I find it hard to believe that a car flipped over after someone threw a water bottle.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
So is the allegation that the guy that got piled on threw a water bottle at a car that then flipped over? Or was it his car that crashed?

Regardless, these Trump fuckwits are top tier trash. Lol at even thinking Santa Maria— or Santa Barbara County for that matter— is "MAGA country". 😂

A good reminder though that every community, no matter how liberal or progressive they are in aggregate, is going to have their own pockets of MAGA klan members.

Just because people are comfortable being openly liberal does not erase how conservative SB County can be. There's a reason I won't even hold hands with someone I'm dating here. Santa Maria and Lompoc are much more rural than Santa Barbara itself. Really, only Santa Barbara through Carpinteria is what you'd view as classically liberal, and there's still incidents, comments, signs, etc. The reason they are is because of tourism boosting its value or an incredibly small population in regards to Summerland and Carpinteria. You learn to pick your battles. Good luck trying to get help if you're not part of the upper crust living on the mountain or in Montecito.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Remember when we kept getting clowns demanding that we reach out to these people?