• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I do hope Mondays guest never makes a return, it was probably the most horrible guest I have ever listened to in a podcast. I'm sure there are fans but I'm not one of the them

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I do hope Mondays guest never makes a return, it was probably the most horrible guest I have ever listened to in a podcast. I'm sure there are fans but I'm not one of the them
On this note, I am really not sure that I am a fan of the constant guests in general. It is wildly inconsistent to do it every single day, because each episode hinges entirely on that special guest. There is very little consistency, especially as they are testing out new formats.

I do quite love that there is more female representation among guests(and general representation as well). However, I would prefer if they maybe had a guest once a week, and kept it more standard the rest of the days. At least until they get their formatting down, and they know the direction of their channel.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
On this note, I am really not sure that I am a fan of the constant guests in general. It is wildly inconsistent to do it every single day, because each episode hinges entirely on that special guest. There is very little consistency, especially as they are testing out new formats.

I do quite love that there is more female representation among guests(and general representation as well). However, I would prefer if they maybe had a guest once a week, and kept it more standard the rest of the days. At least until they get their formatting down, and they know the direction of their channel.

Agreed. Well, except Jon, obviously.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
In my opinion, they need to rethink the format of their daily news show. Each one being over an hour long is not only going to burn their audience out but burn themselves out. Not to mention all the time spent on introductions for each guest every single day. For a weekly show, spending a few minutes doing intros and just chatting is fine do it every day, people are just going to start skipping the intros altogether. Plus there are days where there isn't enough interesting news to stretch into an hour plus long discussion. I honestly haven't listened much simply because I don't have the time for it all.

I think it should be a weekly show with maybe another type of discussion show at a different time of the week. .

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tim Rogers? He's actually probably the biggest name they've had so far as a guest. He has kind of a quirky demeanor, but his work with Kotoku is really great.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Yes, tightening up the discussions could really make a great difference and improve the feeling of a panel show rather than the small talk warning things up. When I skip forward I do appreciate that the central graphic indicates the change in topic, but if it were a tight 30 minutes or even 45 I'd be more confident in the content and not feel the need to skip anything.

No idea who the Monday person was, but hope it's not the Playstation 8 guy as I thought he was rather fantastic and hope he comes back. Jon of course is the voice of all our dreams that smooth so and so, the Barry White of videogame podcasts.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I'm not familiar with Tim Rogers but i noticed in the comments that people who are really liked him, but people who aren't didn't. To me he sounded like someone who really likes to talk about himself, his big TV and powerful PC.

So far I like the guests, although the Nintendo power couple probably weren't the greatest fit at PS5 launch day. Jon of course was probably the best guest so far but yesterday's guest was great as well

Last edited:

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I like the channel so far, they just need to figure out their formatting. I think a channel like Easy Allies do similar stuff with their weekly podcast and other shows, they don't put everything in 1 podcast. Perhaps they need to separate stuff like chatting about game previews in a different podcast, and news in another one. Doing it daily and with a new guest, every time is going to burn people out.

I wonder if they'll do analyses stuff like what they (at least Derrick) used to do at Gamexplain. Personally, I liked those for the most part. But sometimes they were just reading out stuff that was officially published, and it stopped being an analysis at that point.

I'm not familiar with Tim Rogers but i noticed in the comments that people who are really liked him, but people who aren't didn't. To me he sounded like someone who really likes to talk about himself, his big TV and powerful PC.

So far I like the guests, although the Nintendo power couple probably weren't the greatest fit at PS5 launch day. Jon of course was probably the best guest so far but yesterday's guest was great as well
People who don't know Tim might be turned off by that stuff, but he's not serious. It's part of his character, he's known for going off-topic a lot and talking about himself in ways that seems very random. But it's in a lighthearted way (sorry, I'm really bad at explaining this since English is not my language).
His recent review of Pac-man is a good example of him going way off-topic and talking about himself or his experiences, but it's in an awesome way.
He's also known for his ridiculously long Dragon Quest XI and Final Fantasy VII reviews, which I loved. I recommend watching at least one of these if you don't mind sitting hours watching a review that's nothing that you expect to see out of a review.

In short, you really just need to watch his content to 'get' him, I personally loved to see him on GVG, it's just that you need way more than an hour if you have him on your show because he's going to talk the entire hour if you don't stop him lol. And it shows since the other guys are too kind to interrupt him or tell him to stop talking haha.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
There's enough room for another channel and looks like they're angling for a different format than GameXplain. Will sub.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They have a Cyberpunk first look going up soon... gonna be really disappointed in them if they make zero comments on the issues with the devs.

Steve

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Parts Unknown
They have a Cyberpunk first look going up soon... gonna be really disappointed in them if they make zero comments on the issues with the devs.

The first look was just a live stream focused on how the game performs and satisfying outstanding curiosity about the console version since nobody had seen it before. I'll talk more in-depth about the production of the game and its impact on CDPR staff in our full review.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The first look was just a live stream focused on how the game performs and satisfying outstanding curiosity about the console version since nobody had seen it before. I'll talk more in-depth about the production of the game and its impact on CDPR staff in our full review.
I'm not even talking about the crunch, I'm talking about the fact that they're transphobic. Without mentioning that all the first look does is advertise the game to people who might not be aware.