• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Bandai posted this Digimon trailer on their channel. I believe it's game related with the footage of past games showing up. The only anime related thing is the use of Butter-Fly.

The integration of the real world and CGI Digimon tells me this is an AR game like Pokemon Go and Dragon Quest Walk.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping they'd give us a Survive release date or finally show the more ambitious Story game that Media.Vision is on.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Oh and I think this is just a celebration trailer meant to get us excited and not really an indication of what the game will be? Atleast that's what I think.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a game thing, it's just a trailer for Digimon in general, thus why it's on the Bandai channel instead of the Bandai Namco Entertainment channel. Bandai is pushing to renew interest in Digimon with the February-due Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna movie, April-due Digimon Adventure TV anime, a new card game, new video games like Digimon Survive, etc.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a game thing, it's just a trailer for Digimon in general, thus why it's on the Bandai channel instead of the Bandai Namco Entertainment channel. Bandai is pushing to renew interest in Digimon with the upcoming Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna movie, Digimon Adventure TV anime set to begin airing in April, a new card game, new video games like Digimon Survive, etc.
Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense especially with the use of Butter-Fly.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It's not a game thing, it's just a trailer for Digimon in general, thus why it's on the Bandai channel instead of the Bandai Namco Entertainment channel. Bandai is pushing to renew interest in Digimon with the February-due Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna movie, April-due Digimon Adventure TV anime, a new card game, new video games like Digimon Survive, etc.

Figured as much. Thanks for the info Sal.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017

Oh that's it? Okay...

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hope it won't be stuck in Japan.
I'm sad that they barely talked about Survive on the stream.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Digimon World Go would functionally be an amazing game. The premise of the series, and particularly Tamers and Savers, is very similar.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This seems to be the video game relevant bit:

eTVyuTl.jpg

Guessing it's just a cute call back to previous games, one of them in particular looks very DS

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
At first it really feels like a Pokémon Go-like game, with all the Digimon roaming around in the real world, but all the constant references to past games really sets it apart from that.
A shame, though, I'm always up for new Digimon games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I half expect the new Story game to be revealed at Microsoft's E3 conference, since they're tight with Bamco / are making a push to not have every Japanese game default to Playstation.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Fuck me I thought it was a new Digimon World game. My disappointment is huge :(

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, this is just a general promotion trailer for all their recently announced Digimon projects. This is not a new game announcement. There is no new game being hinted at here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate the callbacks to Digimon World 2 and TCG Battle, but don't reference them if you're not going to port them to modern consoles!!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like this GenWunning path Digimon is tracking down, it's bad enough in Pokemon, don't need Digimon as well. Only time we got anything past adventure in this trailer was in the past games section

Give me more terriermon in my life please.

giphy.gif

(Also would be nice to get a compilation collection of those past games as well, just saying. We never got Digimon World 2 in the UK.)

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Using Butterfly should be, like illegal or something. They would be able to sell me anything, as long as they use Butterfly in the background.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this is a general Brand Trailer, not for a specific product like Digimon Go.

And yeah, even if you discount one-offs from mangas, video games & anime, then there Still is more than 1000 Digimons.

And current trend is usually introducing a line per new product, or a single mon.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a very Pokémon-ass trailer.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. After SwSh, I'll gladly take a good traditional Digimon RPG. As long as it's Story. I never liked World.

RIP Koji Wada. Butter-fly is such a great song.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Wouldn't play Digimon GO if it happened, but I'd be there day one for one of those Tamagotchi things you can take with you on walks and battle friends with.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a trailer promoting the franchise.
All I want is a new Digimon game that takes the elements of World 3 and Cyber Sleuth. A huge Digital world to explore but with the combat of CS. No more of the mission based and hub world stuff of the previous Story games. That's all I want.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't play Digimon GO if it happened, but I'd be there day one for one of those Tamagotchi things you can take with you on walks and battle friends with.
Not sure if you are talking about an app, but they have been doing anniversary V-Pets that have even released out west.
small

Wave 2 is starting to go up for pre-order in Australia and the US now.
Sx0RQgH.jpg

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Any chance they make a sequel to Digimon World Next Order? I had been away from digimon for awhile and picked that up a couple years ago and had a blast with it

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
There have been tons, but they've started leaning hard into Adventure these days.
Things have been like that for over a decade, especially if you're talking about video games. Like in Cyber Sleuth I think the only new Digimon was the DNA between Ladydevimon and Angewomon. Survive was also inspired by Adventure and I think the newest Digimon we've seen is Labramon.

Any chance they make a sequel to Digimon World Next Order? I had been away from digimon for awhile and picked that up a couple years ago and had a blast with it
We're probably going to get a Digimon Story game first.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Have they really not introduced new digimon all this time??:/
Yeah, most of the recents one have been more Omnimon recolors, but we still get some new forms for old digimon. The Bancho line was completed a couple years back. There's also the mons from Appli monsters, but they are different with how their evolution system works.

latest

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I would complain about a big batch of new Digimon, but I do like the direction of shedding more spotlight on niche/little-used Digimon while slowly bringing in new guys like Zubamon and Herissmon. For instance, I love how Survive is giving mons like original Falcomon, Labramon, Kunemon, and Fangmon more attention. (I also know X-Antibodies don't really count, but the new designs coming out of that recent push were mostly good to great.)