• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nerdrabbi

Dec 18, 2020
Hello everyone! As a teen in the early 00's I was really involved in the IGN N64/Gamecube boards, and the Covid19 situation has brought me back to gaming. This seems like a queer positive space (how far the world has changes since the old IGN boards, where coming out was a huge deal...) so I'm looking forward to gaming with y'all.

LordOfCinder

Dec 28, 2020
Hey! I just wanted to introduce myself quickly!
I started gaming when I was 4 years old with the old Gameboy of my brother and Tetris. Since then I owned SNES, N64, PSOne, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, SNES mini, Switch (in that order) and now the PS5 - which is sadly also the reason why I found that community, because it has coil whine like crazy and I was looking for solutions online :(
So you can see I am a long time gamer who likes every console, or better: who doesn't dislike any consoles, as long as there are good games!

Matt992

Dec 27, 2020
Hey everyone!
Thanks to the admins for approving my account. As a long time lurker on the site, feels so good to finally be here!

Basically I've been a gamer since I can remember, 28 years old and the biggest Zelda fan you could ever meet.

Super excited to get to know everyone in the community!

Dec 30, 2020
Howdies folks, been reading threads here for a while, and decided to join in formally after I got name-dropped. ^-^

Future Trunks

Jan 1, 2021
Early 2000s poster in the old place, long time lurker (in the old place and here post-exodus) for 10-15 years.

Been rediscovering my passions for gaming, creating (comic art, cooking, getting into content creation), and becoming more tech savvy in 2020. This "Renaissance" has led me (back?) to ResetEra. :)

Looking forward to connecting (and reconnecting) with the community!

undefined

Jan 3, 2021
'sup

Been reading some threads for a while, then I decided to join the discussions

I had a PS2 back then and now I have a Switch

Support indie games

jsatk

Jan 2, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Hello! Not much to say other than I was told about this recently and was happy to find such a well organized and seemingly adult place to chat about video games.

I play everything but my main addictions are Destiny 2 and FFXIV.

shoal

Dec 27, 2020
Hi friends, how are you all doing? I'm really looking forward to the release of Hitman 3 in a few weeks. I don't think there's any other game on the horizon that has me nearly as interested!

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
Hi all! I had stumbled across this site a few times when searching for help with A/V issues and found some highly knowledgeable and well-articulated answers that stuck in my mind. I've been yearning for a return to the positive experiences I had in the forums of yore and remembered this place, so I decided to give it a try.

I like how the site takes a stance against bigotry, in and out of the community. Not only that, but I also like how much respectful-enough dissent I see in the posts. It shows to me this isn't a hivemind, and you're free to have your own opinion, though someone may challenge you on it. Most of all, it's a breath of fresh air to be free of likes/upvotes!

I know no community is perfect, though this seems like a good start. I'm hoping for the best.

Deleted member 88804

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 22, 2020
Hey everyone!

Thanks to the moderator who approved my account (manual account approval on a forum this big? it could've taken a month and I would have understood).

I'd been lurking for a little while before I decided to sign up. I don't have much interesting to say about myself other than that I like coding websites, making digital art (2D and 3D alike), and playing video games (well, no crap, I guess). I find that I have special preference for short games (or games that can be played in several short sittings without that subtracting from the experience) these days, especially ones with some central unconventional gimmick or premise in play.

I look forward to talking with you all!

slazarus

Jan 4, 2021
Hello everyone!

I appreciate the approval, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
I have a preference for single player RPGs, but I like playing more or less everything, and dabble in the occasional FFXIV. I'm currently finally getting around to playing some Stardew Valley.

Nice to meet everyone.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Hello everyone, finally a member of this family!

Thanks so much for the approval, I've been following this forum since 2019, but only recently I decided to create my acount.

I'm brazilian and a black man, I'm 24 years old. I work with journalism and I yet to decided if I want to work with games or sports. Now I only own a PS4 and at least in this period of time, I've been enjoying more arcade games and short experiences, but I do love Soulslike games (Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time) and RPGs in generals. I love the diversity in this forum and the respect that I see here for all minorities. I think my wishful thinking for the new generations is to see more diversity in games, more black characters, more women, trans characters...etc, new kinds of gameplay, stories and art styles.

Looking forward to interact with everyone and is a pleasure to be here with you guys. Sorry for my english, I will try to improve that haha

DJConvoy

Jan 8, 2021
Hello. Long time lurker. I really only signed up to thank the folks in the stimulus / TurboTax thread for keeping me informed better than any official channel, but ended up getting approved a bit too late. :D

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
Hello!

Thanks for the approval. I am a PC gamer and I like to follow the news about gaming world but I am focused on Xbox Game Studios/ZeniMax.

Kashley

Jan 10, 2021
Hey all! I've been a longtime lurker of the PS4 Pro Benefits Thread and now PS5 Backwards Compatibility Thread, and thought i'd join the site and contribute as well. I mainly game in the Playstation ecosystem, and play pretty much all genres of games (Sports, JRPGs, FPS games, Sim/Management games, you name it). Looking forward to mingling with y'all around the forums!

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Welcome newcomers! I hope you all can find a great community here (and even any of the sub-communities within), and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah, notice to new members be good to Fat4all, he's a mutt, but he is our mutt (our compulsive shitposting 24 hours a day while eating flaming hot Cheetos mutt) he's a good doggie!

HacksawUnit

Jan 10, 2021
Hello! I am HacksawUnit. I have been 'lurking' here and there over the past few years and decided to finally make an account. (Seems like a common trend, haha.) I really like video games (of all sorts,) and making all sorts of things. As for games, currently I am most looking forward to 'Fight Knight' and the new Psychonauts game.

Sinbad

Jan 11, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Hi, new to Resetera. Currently a first year student at OnTechU's game dev program in Ontario, looking to meet people, discuss gaming and maybe make some friends. Never been part of a forum in the past but this one seems pretty cool, so I figured I'd check it out.

Would love to work on a lot of games, but my top games are Halo or any kind of immersive sim, especially Deus Ex. VR is also pretty cool and I've been thinking about putting together a design document on how an immersive sim would work in VR. Feel free to message me about it.

bluebirb

Jan 5, 2021
Heya. Another lurker who decided to finally join after finding out how decent this site was compared to others. This is really hard to do since I'm so introverted and kinda terrified to socialize even online, lol. I'm just a somewhat tomboyish woman who likes games and talking about them. Currently doing another play through of Monster Hunter World solo and thinking of getting Iceborne.

sanghyuk95

Jan 14, 2021
Hello everyone!

I have been a lurker here for years and I only just figured out a email I could use to sign up. Not sure if I will post much though.

I'm currently a Nintendo only gamer with my favourite games of all time being the Pokémon series (especially diamond and moon).

Bomaye

Jan 15, 2021
U.S.
Hey guys. I joined because I heard this was one of the best video game forums around currently. I haven't lurked much so I won't be posting regularly till I get the "culture/vibe" of the forum. My main obsessions right now are Hyrule Warriors and low poly indie horror games.

Jan 16, 2021
Hello all. Thought I would pop in here and introduce myself now that I have an avatar.

I've been lurking since The Before Place, but finally broke down and registered an account due to Covid related boredom. My main jams are psx games and indie games that try to be psx games. Also love a lot of 8 and 16 bit rpgs/simulation games. As an example some of my favourite games are Harvest Moon:BTN, Azure Dreams, Pokemon Crystal, Wizardry:PGOTMO, etc, etc.

I spend most of my free time making music, cooking, or reading about video games online. Occasionally I play them as well, or try and work on a few proof of concepts inside NESMaker.

melloon

Jan 17, 2021
Hi! I've been lurking for years and I'm really happy to finally join. Right now I'm playing Hitman 3 and Captain Toad. I'm not really into any specific genres but I'm a fan of Half-Life, the Souls games, Yakuza, and Hitman.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
Hello everyone! I decided to start posting here in the the hopes of finding a place to talk about tech, politics, and video games that isn't toxic and overrun with Qultists and their sealioning enablers.

accidias

Jan 25, 2021
Hello! I was recommended ResetEra by my fiancé with the release of Atelier Ryza 2-- he said it was the best place to ask questions, and that it was distinctly non-toxic.

I'm really interested in reading about games, but admittedly have a hard time actually playing more than a few a year... Still, I'm looking forward to broadening my horizons beyond my comfy bubble of idol games!

zf69

Jan 25, 2021
earth
hiiieeello i have autism and i'm very bad at video games (probably not related things) but i'm extremely fond of talking about game design and what makes games 'good' or 'bad'. i don't know how much i'm gonna talk here because my social skills are very poor

i think that kirby super star for the super nintendo is the perfect video game, which is an objective unarguable fact. my profile picture is from ICEY which is my favorite underrated game that i think people should play. ok bye

Nymira

Dec 10, 2020
Hello! Long time lurker and wanted to create an account to participate in the community. Thanks to the admin/mod that approved it. =)

AmAsuT

Jan 24, 2021
Hello everyone! finally decided to join after checking here for quite some time now (aka lurking :b). looking forward to discussing video games/non-video games topics with the community. Thank you mods for approving my account.

holobyte

Sep 5, 2019
Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to interacting with the community and reading up on all kinds of good things!

cloudbusting

Feb 4, 2021
Hey! I've been lurking around the site for a while and decided to finally cave and make an account. Super excited to chat with some great people!

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Hi, everybody. Long time luker here, just got my approval!

About me: Brazillian doctor, mostly a nintendo gamer (Switch/3DS), I also play on PC and mobile. Joined because I love discussing whatever I'm playing and also about sales and the gaming industry; the moderated community and anti-bigotry stance also helped.

Nov 29, 2020
Hi, I'm from Switzerland, 35 years old, male, and I work as a tariff expert in a hospital. I'm open-minded, positive thinking, and I value peace, happiness and honesty. I enjoy working, going for walks and hiking with my girlfriend, listening to gaming music, and cooking.

I'm currently looking for a new gaming board with a peaceful and respectful atmosphere. I try to avoid social media platforms entirely except one or two gaming boards, because there are just too many small-minded, toxic people everywhere. It makes me kinda sad, because that's not how I remember gamers to be in my own childhood. I didn't have many friends, but those I've had were all the same like me: Tolerant and interested in other things. We could about games for hours without shouting or being angry at each other. It's a shame, that this is rarely possible online.

As a composed person, it's hard to find a board where not everyone is exaggerating and biased. I even thought about leaving internet entirely because it's just not worth my time and energy, but I still like to read gaming-related posts sometimes so that's that. That's why I'll give it a try here. Lately, I was active on Gfaqs but I'll probably give it up. Too much stupidity there (trolls, haters). Sometimes it baffles my mind how adult persons can behave like some users there. It's as if they're living in their own universe and as if they don't know any reason at all.

I probably won't be writing here much. As I said, I also like to read other posts. Also, my english grammar isn't quite the best lol.
But at least I wanted to say "Hi" to all of you :-)

Lloyd Dobbler

Jan 31, 2021
Lurked since 2004 at old place and then moved over to Era to lurk some more. Glad to finally have an account at Era!

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome everyone!

If you ever have any questions my inbox is always open, I'm always more than happy to help!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Big thanks to whoever approved me :)

I've been a lurker within the community for years now, even going back to the old place. I've always enjoyed reading the opinions of the fine folks here and have often felt like inputting my own thoughts but never got around to creating an account for whatever reason. Until now!

You'll probably see me a fair bit in the gaming side, and very often in the wrestling threads no doubt (became a big NJPW fan over the last couple of years).

Looking forward to conversing with you all!

Edit: Kind of wild browsing the site as usual but seeing a whole load of new options.

Last edited:

ccnack

Feb 12, 2021
Hi everyone! Been a lurker for a while and thought I'd finally join. Thank you to whoever approved my membership. Much appreciated!

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
Lurked around here for a long while and I decided to officially make an account, glad to be here!