• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 5, 2020
Old Forge, PA
Hello everyone, my name is AngelStepStyle1985, also known as AngelStepStyle on Twitch and Steam. I'm a huge fan of gaming and drawing and am a huge fan of the Greek sisters of the Soul series (Sophitia and Cassandra). I plan on getting an Xbox Series X soon (I have it pre-ordered already from Microsoft's website) since there aren't many people who play on PC for many games including fighting games and shooters. Looking forward to meeting some friends on here when I get settled in enough and hopefully I'll enjoy it here. 😁👍

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Hi everyone, been lurking for ages, really glad to finally be on here! Was in a bit of a rut with games earlier in the year until I played through Sekiro, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 in just over a month... got my first gaming PC in May which has really made me fall in love with games all over again. Currently playing through Disco Elysium and Resident Evil 2. Love multiplayer shooters too - Siege is my go to, but I discovered Tarkov a few months back which I really enjoy (even though I'm terrible) too. Nice to meet you all 👋

CoconutTiger

Oct 6, 2020
Germany
Hi from Germany! I've heard of the old place while working at Nintendo - one of the funniest yet excruciatingest (?? not a native speaker) moments of my professional life was reading all the speculation when the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS roster leaked while we were testing it - and finally became a member, thank you.
Been more into board games lately and following the corresponding OT-Thread.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Thank you for the approval! Im arabo-canadian loves video games and can't wait to meet the community instead of just lurking like usual! :D

Kenzo

alt account
Banned
Oct 9, 2020
Tsushima
Hello everyone! Thanks admin for granting my account.
I'm super pumped for next gen and the inevitable debates over which console is better.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
Hello! I'm a life-long gamer who's been lurking on forums for years now. Checking the threads before I go to bed each night has become a ritual for me. I figured I'd make an account to chime in occasionally when I have something to add. I'm console agnostic, so I can be found playing games on my PC, Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo. Lately, I've found myself going back to old games . . . Sometimes really old games from 30 years ago, or more recent old games from 5-10 years ago.

I'm looking forward to discussing gaming with you all!

Mexetudo

Oct 7, 2020
Hi everyone, long-time lurker here.
With all the excitement for next gen consoles and new PC hardware I finally decided to create an account and join in the fun.
Thanks for the approval, looking forward to contributing to the discussions.

Oct 1, 2020
Trinidad and Tobago
Sup. My name is Jared, had to include the "*" due to the name being taken by someone else. I play primarily *I say as I no longer own any particular consoles* on the PC, primarily on the Linux platform as I do enjoy its highly configurable nature and its open source or free software, depending on who you are communicating with, philosophy. I do plan in the future to game on the BSD platforms as well. I enjoy building and repairing PCs, though given the current predicament we are in, doing so has become less attainable due to companies artificially raising the prices of their components. But anyways, thanks for having me on board!

Sep 21, 2020
Canada
Hey everyone. Thanks for the approval, admins!

It doesn't seem like many people respond to introduction posts, but in case you happen to be browsing this: I'm a Canadian speedrunner and game completionist, a huge anime, JRPG, and action game fan, and I love watching Leafs + Raptors games.

I'm usually available on Discord, so if any of these interests resonate with you feel free to send me a message on here and I'll add you.

Cheers!

Oct 10, 2020
Hi, txs for approving!
After several years as lurker and as we enter a new gen of consoles I could not stand the idea of read only mode anymore.
May the new gen help break the transmission chains!

Oct 10, 2020
not sure if the right place but could not find better one: is it ok to change the email address associated to the forum?
I used a professional email to register and would like to change it to a personal one so i can enable more email notifications

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
Hello Era. Thanks for the approval, admin.

I've been a lurker on and off and decided to join because I liked the community. I look forward to participating in some discussions here.

BlackBoyFly

Oct 12, 2020
Hey everyone! Thank you admins for approving my account!

I've been lurking here for the past 2 years. It wasn't until recently that I realized I could use my ISP email address to sign up haha.

I'll mostly be in Playstation and Anime/Manga threads. Will pop my head up in some Xbox, Nintendo and Tech related threads as well.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Oct 12, 2020
After a week of suspense, fearing I had not made the membership cut, I have now officially joined the community here after lurking following things since it's inception. Big thanks to the mods.

My love of gaming was initiated when I first played the home Pong console in the late 70's. So yeah, I'm likely in the older demographic around here. Until my career took off and my time to play games dropped precipitously I was always a multiple console person. Atari/IntellIvision, SNES/Genesis, Gamecube/Dreamcast, etc....but starting with the 360 I was solely in the Xbox ecosystem...and quite happily so. Even the XB1 has been more than adequate for my needs during it's lifespan....which coincided with the end of my work life and the start of my retirement. Time for gaming was tough to come by.

But now, having spent the last 5 years or so enjoying a very active post-work existence and with the next-gen upon us I'm ready to rock the multiple consoles again. XSX first and then the PS5 to follow (I have pre-orders for NEITHER 😩) - as soon as they provide another option than the white colouring....it would clash horribly in my current entertainment setup. I do wonder how rare it is for a person to jump into the PlayStation ecosystem for the first time after its FIFTH iteration? I'd venture to guess it's pretty damn uncommon. 😄 Just knowing the library of classic games that awaits me is tantalizing - though I'm still a bit shaky as to the PS Back Compat situation.

The centrepiece of my video game space is a just recently purchased 65" LG CX Oled. I've already fawned over it the TV thread. Just amazing.

Anyway....very glad to be here.

Arkthus

Oct 17, 2020
Nantes, France
Hello, thanks for the approval.
My name is Arkthus, i'm a 35-years-old french gaymer with a very little YouTube channel about... well, anything I want to talk about.
I've been playing video games since I was a small child, my first console was a NES with Mario, and during my childhood, from NES to Playstation, I managed to get every mainstream console : NES, Master System, Game Boy, Megadrive (Genesis in USA), Super NES, Saturn and Playstation. After that I mainly went toward Playstation (I had all of them except PSP) but had the chance to have a Dreamcast, a GameCube and an Xbox 360.
As next-gen is coming, this will be my first time with every current gen consoles, I already have a Switch, I'll have PS5 and Xbox Series X, and that makes me happy because I'll have an immense choice of games without having to think about exclusives :)

My main series are Sonic (big fan), Uncharted, Final Fantasy, Ratchet & Clank, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Horizon, Kingdom Hearts, Spider-Man (Insomniac) and Zelda. I have yet to discover what Microsoft have in store, as I never had the chance to play their exclusives (even when I had a 360 lol), I'm curious about Fable, and I'd like to try Quantum Break.

I hope to find a nice community here, with less aggressivity than mainline french forums or even Reddit, I'm kind of an emotional sponge and in an aggressive environment, I tend to become aggressive myself, and I don't like that, so I hope the ambiance here is calmer and more respectful, so I can talk about video games without trolls or people who get on their nerves for nothing, it gets tiring. I also like the fact that their doesn't seem to be an upvote/downvote system like on reddit, where I think this is kind of toxic when people just downvote others for something as simple as a different opinion, it's very nice ^^

Again, thanks for the approval, I hope to be a good member of this new community I heard so much about :)

patroclus

Oct 17, 2020
Washington
Hi!
Thank you for approving me. I've been looking for a forum to join and I like the vibe of this place. I'm looking forward to joining the discussions.

I play on PC and almost exclusively play RPG's with character creators. I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I only ever have one other system out at a time and it has been my Switch for quite some time now, everything else has been in storage.

Anyways, again I'm looking forward to participating here :)

MC Boing

Oct 20, 2020
England
Hey, thanks for the approval! Was a lurker for a while, using era as my main source of gaming stuff. Not a massive gamer now, but still love reading and discussing about gaming and other topics! :)

JankyNedelko

Oct 15, 2020
The Netherlands
Take a look at this! Finally, my college email got verified!

Hey, Era folks! The name's JankyNedelko. I'm forever representing the second-generation immigrant experience in The Netherlands. I've been a longtime lurker ever since the days of "the old place" and migrated to lurk on this site since the 2017 reset. After three years since Era's inception, after three years of additional lurking, I hooked myself up with an account to take one step away from Lurkerdom.

I've also created this account to give shout outs to member Kyuuji for that banging Cyberpunk 2077 OP (you know the one). Someday, maybe, I'll make my own FLAMING HOT OP. About what? I don't know. My irrational love for SSX 3; the greatest video game of all time? Or my affinity for the grungiest punk-like video games, like Kane & Lynch 2 and the original Manhunt? Giving the spotlights to video game soundtracks toying around with underrepresented genres of music? We'll see what the future brings. *says the man with perpetual writer's block

As far as my gaming history and taste is concerned, here's a quick overview:
• Started with the PlayStation 2 in the year 2001. Pops hooked me up with Klonoa 2: Lunetea's Veil. Three-year-old me got spoiled, man.
• I've remained (somewhat) platform agnostic, owning systems like the PS2, GC, GBA, PS3, XONE, Switch and "budget-ass-laptop for The Sims". Still undecided where to go next generation.
• Favorite genres include anything Arcade-oriented (Sports, Racing, FPS, Action).
• I adore the heavy gameplay of modern Rockstar Games and consider Red Dead Redemption II to be one of the GOATs. Even did a couple of RDR II practice speedruns (~15 hours for any% no mission skip)
• SSX 3, however, is the truest GOAT of 'em all!

Guess that's it, folks. See you around in a thread. Or not. I don't know.
Peace.
*Feel free to share your music tastes with me, also. This music geek won't bite, I swear! I am slow to reply, however...

Vayr

Oct 14, 2020
Hey all, long time lurker from Spain here. I've been using Era for my gaming news for a long while now, so might as well register and contribute here and there (probably not too frequently as I don't have a lot of time).
I'm into pretty much every genre except for sports and driving but I'm specially crazy about RPGs (some of my favourites are Dark Souls, Witcher, New Vegas and Dragon's Dogma).
I look forward to being part of all this.

Ciao.

RedLangley

Oct 21, 2020
Hello, everyone!

First of all, thanks for approving my account. <3

I've been a lurker for a while (dating back to the other forum), at first I was mostly using Era as a news source for the video game industry but in the last few years I have developed an interest in some of the wonderful communities on this site so I hope I can contribute something to you all.

My apologies if my english isn't that great, as you may notice I'm not a native speaker.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Hi guys, thanks for approving my account.

I've been a lurker ever since the pandemic started, using it mostly as a news and leaks source, but decided to finally join the commenting side of things, really happy to join this place.

Auhrii

Oct 20, 2020
Nyallo, I'm Auhrii! I'm actually totally new - not lurked prior or anything. Saw that this site does more than just lip service to encouraging good faith discussion and thought I'd take a look. I play on PC and tend to favour sandboxes and RPGs, usually because I can mod them to within an inch of their lives.

任天堂ファン

Alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2020
Hello!

I am new. I like all games but these days I only play Nintendo games so I most likely will be talking about Nintendo.

Oct 27, 2020
Thank you for approving my account.

I've been lurking for a while during the pandemic and am happy I can now take part in some discussions.

I mainly play console games, but have recently got back into the Sims thanks to lockdown.

Undersmack

Oct 2, 2020
Thanks for approval!

Hey all! Referred here by a friend and looking forward to being here!

I do work with data analytics and game when I have time. Excited to be a part of the community!

Oct 27, 2020
Hey all, glad to finally be a part of this community. I've been lurking pretty well since ResetEra, and I'm looking forward to engaging with the community here!

TandEm

Oct 21, 2020
Australia
Hi everyone!

I'm an Australian Magic: The Gathering player looking for other Aussies (or anyone in the Asia/Pacific time zone!) to join the XMage Draft Historical Society! We draft old sets on XMage, working our way chronologically through the entire history of Magic sets. If you're interested check out our Discord channel, introduce yourself and sign up for a draft!

We also have play groups for people in America and Europe - everyone is invited! :)

Looking forward to connecting with other Magic players here!

Planeta

Oct 16, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm a lurker from Belarus, finally decided to join.
I'm just going to apologise in advance for all the typos i'm going to make in the future :D

thespoon

Oct 29, 2020
Feels great to finally be part of the community! I've been mostly a console and card game player lately but am hoping to get back into PC gaming in the next few months.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Hello and welcome all, you've come around at interesting times. Enjoy the site and all the crazy banter!

Trainrot

Nov 5, 2020
Hello, I was a lurker for a while and I want to thank whoever approved me, y'all were super quick.

I play a lot of FFXIV and love slice of life anime!

I don't know what else to say about me. But Hi!

rappa

Oct 30, 2020
Hi, randomly came across this site while searching Google one day. It's great to have become a member. Nice to meet everyone!

SailorEdwards

Oct 30, 2020
Hiya! Thank you so much for the chance of being a part of this great community. I'm looking forward to sharing some of my gaming experience with everyone.

Laws00

Oct 26, 2017
I have not been here in a year.

Seems stuff is still moving a long.

Man. 2020 what a year

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
Hello everyone! Very happy to have become a member of the community.

I used to browser and occasionally post on NeoGAF many years ago as a teenager. I was less active on it during the collapse, and never stepped foot in it since, but I am really happy to see that ERA is thriving!

I'm currently finishing out my studies in computer science, and I am lucky enough to work as a software engineer in the meantime.

I don't even think I bothered with an avatar on the "other" forum, since I rarely posted, but my partner was nice enough to whip up an avatar for me this time around. Bonus points to anyone who puts together how it ties to my username!

Hope to see ya'll around.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Thanks for the approval!!

I'm a 27 year old girl who has been playing games since pre-K, pretty much. JRPGs are my main genre, but I do like some other stuff too, especially if there's a decent story involved. Skies of Arcadia: Legends is my favorite game of all-time, but my favorite franchises are Sonic, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Atelier, and Paper Mario.

Been a lurker here for a LOOOONG time, partly because I'm shy and have anxiety, but also partly because I couldn't remember the email address from my ISP to use to sign up lol.

I've loved checking in on the Nintendo Direct threads in particular, along with the Nintendo one with all the major leaks recently. Looking forward to being part of the community, which seems pretty cool from all the times I've lurked.

GageHaematic

Nov 5, 2020
South Africa
Thanks a bunch for the approval! Excited to join some discussions in a forum I've lurked for a long time.

I'm a 26 year old guy from South Africa and have loved video games since I laid my baby eyes on em (Sonic 2, The Lion King, Earthworm Jim: Special Edition and Claw are the standouts in my mind).

Don't really have preference for specific genres or companies, so I'll probably bounce around between different threads.

Looking forward to chatting to all of you.

Tony B

Dec 29, 2018
Probably should introduce myself. Been lurking since forever since before the great reset, but decided it was time to actually get an account and try my hand at posting. I'd probably describe myself as a lapsed gamer, in that aside from maybe going hardcore on one game every two or so years or so, I don't tend to game that much at all these days (last two were Xenoblade Chronicles DE and Bloodstained). And what's worse is that I'm one of the fortunate ones to be on the Valve Complete Pack (basically all Valve games past/present and future just appear in my steam library), so for example, I own Half Life Alyx and literally have no way to play it (c'mon Nintendo Labo port).

Oh, and bio stuff... Brit, too damn old, married, and have been S/W Engineer for 20ish years now. And to maybe actually give me some gamer cred, I once actually had a fairly sizeable Neo Geo MVS collection (30+ games if I recall), and pretty much had every console / handheld between the 16 bit era right up to the PS2 era.

Last edited:

Benc

Nov 2, 2020
Hello,

I've been lurking for awhile now but not until recently have I decided to attempt to get an account. Thanks for the quick approval, I'm looking forward to some great discussion.

Thanks.

Nov 3, 2020
Hi everyone. Long time lurker who finally decided it's time to join the conversation (wanted to join to celebrate Biden's win and didn't expect it would take several days to be approved, my bad). Long time gamer who's now too busy with everything else to find time to play games. You'll probably only see me in EtcetEra anyways :)

LazyGradient

Nov 9, 2020
Hey everybody! Also a long time lurker (since the olden days) but when I saw a thread about the number of guests vs. members I just had to join (also I forgot I could register with my school account).

Anyways, I'm a PC gamer interested in global politics and technology. I found the US election OT's very informative and had fun (and anxiety) reading through them. I'm from the Netherlands, work for a municipality, live in a quaint little town and love my two cats and soon to be wife!

I hope we'll have fun interacting :)

Dec 30, 2017
Another long time lurker here. I'm so excited about my new Series X that I wanted to write in the xbox threads (it's my fist xbox).
My favourite thread however is the "What are you reading" thread, so you'll probably see me there.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
I have been a lurker for a long time, been wanting to contribute to conversations, hope to get along

Farks

Nov 7, 2020
Hello there! Been lurking for a while, but haven't been able to register until now due to lack of access to proper e-mail service. But now I'm here!