• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mangomagoose

Jul 22, 2020
hi! i haven't used a forum in ages, this should be fun!

i tend to love a variety of games, especially unique ones from the 2000s, like Amazing Island and Chibi-Robo. clearly, my fave console is easily the cube

some games ive been playing recently are F-Zero X on N64 and Persona 3 on PS2

looking forward to talking with everyone!

GrandeRampel

Jul 22, 2020
Bari, Italy
Hi everyone. I don't think you'll see me around a lot since I decided to join just because of a few threads really.
Still, if we do happen to chat I hope we can have a good time together sharing our passion and opinions respectfully.

NURVU$$

Oct 31, 2017
oh hey. i tried to register at neogaf for about a decade, and then i was finally able to register here a few years back but never actually posted. maybe i'll post now. hello!

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Don't mind me. Just testing how my avatar and cover look in post form before I get started on what I imagine will end up being a stupidly long intro post. Multiple years of lurking and an overactive mind will do that.

Although I'll say now that seeing posts with the right timezone for my region is messing me up. I continue to manually adjust it before realizing it's already correct. This is amplified at night when posts from yesterday would still be today for me. I ask:

Why must clarity be so confusing?

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Oh God. Here we go.

It's been over 2 years of lurking here. I could introduce myself, but I'm sure my posts over time will do that better than I ever could. Instead, I'm going to tag some people and quote some posts. Honestly, if you got a notification I'd probably just search your name here.

I'm going to start by bringing your attention to the existential threat to the site that has been provoked inside of Fat4all. Take this exchange from last year:

i used to think i would make for a terrible mod but at this point im not so sure

fiiine.

you can be admin

the only thing im competent at is shitposting and making bad photoshops

and describing a Terminator threesome

i have no administrative qualifications at all

"Alright, so this happened last year. Sure it's weird that his username has a capital F yet only types in lower case, but he's a flamin' hot shitposter, not someone to watch out for."

Or so you'd think. No, this runs much deeper. I present to this honorable forum evidence from only last month:

i will be a mod someday

that scares me more than it scares any of you, trust me

I only quoted posts Fat4all responded to. Many more were agreeing, not realizing what they opened in the process. He saw the people and knew they'd usher in his rise to power. Despite his surprisingly nuanced and diplomatic understanding of takes when he's being serious, he must be stopped. We have to destroy all Flamin' Hot products and ban their production to fix things. Potentially ban all gifs from the internet. Only then will he have something else to focus his energy on.

-------------

Rotobit

Okay, this is going to seem unrelated for a second, but it's relevant.

There's this musician, Laura Veirs. Someone recommended her to me and I ended up following up on that. I really enjoyed some of the songs, but a lot just kind of washed over me. I'm an album guy so a lot of my favorite artists have an album or two I just connect with on this extreme level. Things like Joanna Newsom's Ys, Kate Bush's The Dreaming, and Bjork's Vespertine. None of Laura Veirs albums hit me the entire way through, but there were songs I really enjoyed on each of them.

One day I was curious to see what my most played music was, and was surprised to find Veirs's work at the top. It turned out that because of how much I enjoyed certain songs, I kept returning to her albums. And I found that none of the songs made me want to skip them. Without realizing it, I had grown to love her entire catalog. And since then, every album she's released has been a highlight of that year for me.

The way I reacted with Veirs work is how I was with your posts. Nothing changed my perspective in an immediate way, but I always found myself agreeing with you, but kind of glossing over that. Sometime a couple of months back that changed, and I've come to really appreciate your presence. Your posts aren't loud, but they all distinctly sound like your voice. That's kind of hard to qualify, but it's from examining your own thoughts rather than internalizing those of others. I'm really glad you're a part of this site.

-------------

This is the best post on this site. I don't really have anything else to add. It just bears pointing out.

-------------

PlanetSmasher

I am so glad I didn't have an account before now. I was so frustrated by your posts last year. I thought surely you just didn't enjoy things you were posting about. I was presumptive and close-minded, which is odd because I'm usually the mediator in situations.

Over time I've realized your posts were more critical than aggressive, but also that you tend to put a decent amount of thought into your judgments, even if it's not always visible. I waited years for Final Fantasy versus XIII. I went into Final Fantasy XV knowing it wasn't that. Despite a really sloppy story, some brutal late game linear chapters, and being disappointed that a lot of the concepts of Vs. XIII were lost, I came out enjoying my time with that game. Seeing you express similar thoughts when so many people dismiss it outright was the turning point for me.

I pretty much stopped playing games from around 2012-2017 simply because nothing coming out was appealing to me. The Nintendo DS was always there when consoles started drowning in shooters, but the 3DS never clicked with me. I tried. My account is a pre-pricedrop ambassador one so I went in expecting good things, but they never really came for me. I know a lot of people herald that system's library so I felt pretty left out. The Switch and indies really brought me back, but I miss a lot of the weird ambition even major publishers put out from the SNES to PS2 era. It really feels like AAA gaming has scared them off from experimenting or even using systems which may seem old-fashioned.

(I was going to tie this to a larger and more personal point, but I can't find the right words, so I'll just awkwardly move on lol)

You're a very thoughtful person and I've seen some of the advice you give to others, especially dealing with mental issues like depression. You give your own thoughts and experience, but also take into account what the other person might be feeling. Not everyone understands that, but as someone who has fought depression and anxiety for most of their life, it makes a difference. Like I mentioned with Rotobit, all your posts feel personal and not just internalizing the most popular opinion. It's just nice to see.

-------------

Pyccko

You have my favorite avatar by quite a large margin. It's graphic and simple at the same time. Naturally, I've taken the opposite approach. Maybe if I ever get my monitor set up I can whip up something cleaner. Oh well.

-------------

I have more but I'm writing this on my phone and oh god I need to stop now.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God. Here we go.

It's been over 2 years of lurking here. I could introduce myself, but I'm sure my posts over time will do that better than I ever could. Instead, I'm going to tag some people and quote some posts. Honestly, if you got a notification I'd probably just search your name here.

I'm going to start by bringing your attention to the existential threat to the site that has been provoked inside of Fat4all. Take this exchange from last year:

"Alright, so this happened last year. Sure it's weird that his username has a capital F yet only types in lower case, but he's a flamin' hot shitposter, not someone to watch out for."

Or so you'd think. No, this runs much deeper. I present to this honorable forum evidence from only last month:

I only quoted posts Fat4all responded to. Many more were agreeing, not realizing what they opened in the process. He saw the people and knew they'd usher in his rise to power. Despite his surprisingly nuanced and diplomatic understanding of takes when he's being serious, he must be stopped. We have to destroy all Flamin' Hot products and ban their production to fix things. Potentially ban all gifs from the internet. Only then will he have something else to focus his energy on.
...oh god.

what have i created.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Haha Thank you! I need to do anotherrrr intro post in the LGBTQera thread, but like, not now. I need to recover from the stress of trying to copy/paste quotes with my thumb while not accidentally hitting post reply.

Also the color did not carry over so recreating that on mobile sure was something lmao.

😵

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Rotobit

Okay, this is going to seem unrelated for a second, but it's relevant.

There's this musician, Laura Veirs. Someone recommended her to me and I ended up following up on that. I really enjoyed some of the songs, but a lot just kind of washed over me. I'm an album guy so a lot of my favorite artists have an album or two I just connect with on this extreme level. Things like Joanna Newsom's Ys, Kate Bush's The Dreaming, and Bjork's Vespertine. None of Laura Veirs albums hit me the entire way through, but there were songs I really enjoyed on each of them.

One day I was curious to see what my most played music was, and was surprised to find Veirs's work at the top. It turned out that because of how much I enjoyed certain songs, I kept returning to her albums. And I found that none of the songs made me want to skip them. Without realizing it, I had grown to love her entire catalog. And since then, every album she's released has been a highlight of that year for me.

The way I reacted with Veirs work is how I was with your posts. Nothing changed my perspective in an immediate way, but I always found myself agreeing with you, but kind of glossing over that. Sometime a couple of months back that changed, and I've come to really appreciate your presence. Your posts aren't loud, but they all distinctly sound like your voice. That's kind of hard to qualify, but it's from examining your own thoughts rather than internalizing those of others. I'm really glad you're a part of this site.

Aw thank you! Sometimes I worry I go on a few too many personal anecdotes but I'm glad they've resonated and set me apart a bit.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
...oh god.

what have i created.

No one could have known.

my rise to power IS. ASSURED.

Okay, caps and bolded? WHO EVEN ARE YOU???

I don't trust people I don't trust.

tenor.gif

I tend to give posters I can joke with nicknames so don't be surprised if I start calling you falafel. If only to deny ceding power to the authoritarian Fat4all.

Oh wow, thanks man! This was nice to wake up to.

I'm glad! It makes me smile every time I see it pop up in a thread.

Aw thank you! Sometimes I worry I go on a few too many personal anecdotes but I'm glad they've resonated and set me apart a bit.

I totally get that, but it's definitely appreciated. It's actually easier for me to interpret things if I get a better understanding of who someone is and anecdotes go a long way toward that. I used to comment on The AV Club before that site switched ownership and went to hell. Some of the best pieces and comments were more relevant anecdotes than direct commentary, so you're in good company.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
Hello to you all!!!! Longtime lurker around here (in both Etcetera and Gaming alike) and in the month of june I decided to take the plunge and make my new account but I had exams coming up , so I didnt get to use it and just forgot that I had for a while.

Now that my agenda is more clear in the coming months ( take a guess why) , I hope I get to use it more.See you guys around!!!!!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Over time I've realized your posts were more critical than aggressive, but also that you tend to put a decent amount of thought into your judgments, even if it's not always visible. I waited years for Final Fantasy versus XIII. I went into Final Fantasy XV knowing it wasn't that. Despite a really sloppy story, some brutal late game linear chapters, and being disappointed that a lot of the concepts of Vs. XIII were lost, I came out enjoying my time with that game. Seeing you express similar thoughts when so many people dismiss it outright was the turning point for me.

Another member of the Versus "what could have been" club. Always nice to see. Welcome!

If you ever need anything, feel free to let me know. My PMs are always open.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Another member of the Versus "what could have been" club. Always nice to see. Welcome!

If you ever need anything, feel free to let me know. My PMs are always open.

Hah, I hate that Nomura is teasing more Versus with KHIII and equally that it's working on me. I have a theory that KHIII is kind of a mess with plot (Look, I know.) because it was going to heavily rely on Versus for the Final Fantasy element. I mean, it's Nomura. You know he saw XIII and thought it would work perfectly with Organization XIII and the 13 darknesses. Plus it seemed to heavily feature dreams and sleep as themes, including naming the major city Insomnia, which is what he's been about since Dream Drop Distance. I'm a full-on conspiracy theorist with this one.

And thanks. I'm sure I'll take you up on that offer at some point. Having people to talk to is always helpful when things get rough. You mentioned in a thread a while back about depression wanting you to lose. Being able to speak about your fears goes a long way to taking away its power since it relies so heavily on isolation to deceive yourself into thinking you're less than what you are.

Oct 30, 2017
After lurking since the inception of this site and since the early days of the old place, I finally remembered my password! I wrote it somewhere safe this time!

dark_haze

Apr 21, 2020
Virginia
*inhales* Hello everyone!!! :D Thank you to the staff who approved me all the way back in April. Yes, I'm just getting the courage to introduce myself 5 months later haha.

I'm a huge RPG fan, but still play the occasional Adventure/Platformer like Kirby or Crash. Been following the site for a while and I'm hoping to have some lovely discussions with you guys!

Aug 14, 2020
Hey everyone! New member here, I'm kind of shy but happy to be part of the community. I'm a huge fan of RPGs, basically any anime game, and anything Nintendo, so yeah that's me!

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Finally wedged my fat ass in the door.

Howdy folks!
1st Post. Glad to actually have an account here!
hi everyone!
looking forward to chatting with you :)
Hello, hello! I'm happy to start posting here now that my account is approved. :)
Hello everyone! Glad to participate here finally and not just be a lurker :)

Welcome all!

Spiderhead

Banned
Aug 15, 2020
Canada
Good evening

I'm not sure how to start this, but I'm a huge fan of Golden Sun, Metroid, No More Heroes and Lost Kingdoms.

Before any one asks, my name is an anagram has no real meaning besides hiding an identity, as I use to frequent GAF a lot in the old days.

Avatar does not mean M:OM is my favourite Metroid game, Prime is, it's just an avatar that's suits me fairly well.

I'm hoping I can bring good stuff to this side of the internet and not be an idiot at the same time.

Take care.

tris20

Aug 25, 2020
Hi Guys,

good to be here.
Just someone who likes games a lot but don't have much time to play.

Tris

Aug 30, 2020
Hey everyone, nice to meetcha. I'll probably spend most of my time talking about video games, but it looks like this is in the non-games section.

But anyways, hi!