• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alziniho

Jan 8, 2020
Hello All,

My name is Alex, firstly thank you for accepting me, I found this site by accident and it looks like a cool place for discussion and game knowledge, so I'm excited to be jumping in.

Secondly, a brief history of gaming life I guess: I started by playing with the family Gameboy then got hooked, after that I was allowed a SNES as a child ( I know I'm old) and then progressed through PS1, N64, GameCube, Original Xbox, Xbox360, PS3, PS4, XboxOne and now XboxOne X. I have a half decent pc too but my coordination is like having two left feet instead of hands so I prefer console.

Anyway sorry that was long, I'll try and be more brief going forward 🙂.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
every other post reminds me of my application to gamestop over ten years ago

i love it

MarineSparks

Jan 5, 2020
Wisconsin
Thanks for accepting my account.
I'm hoping to find a nice community here, where I can actually talk about video games instead of constant arguing.
I mainly play SDTV consoles. Right now I'm having a good time with a repaired PS1. Unfortunately I have a very large backlog.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Greetings folks, just posting to say thanks for activating my account. I've lurked this circuit for around ten years and it feels great finally being able to join in with the discussion. There is a fantastic community here and I look forward to contributing.

The weather is miserable in Wales at the moment so I've been playing a lot of Rockman and Castlevania around my studies. I look forward to discussing all things current gen, arcade, and FPGA.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Would you look at that, I joined a looong while ago but I never saw this thread, might as well do it now!

I gotta thank admins for creating an account for me despite not using my company's mail adress (because my "company" is a state institution with strict rules on private use of mail adresses). So thanks for that!

Anyways my name is Janine, some call me Janny, I'm from Germany and am what my parents would probably call "too old for video games" (I'm 28 and they are what internet society nowadays calls "boomers", so...) . I am also female. Scandalous to the main stream. I've long since stopped caring though :P.

That being said, while having friends who generally enjoy video games, some of them even own consoles, but for most of them it's priority no. 25, right behind cutting the garden hedge in a heart-shape, cause gardening is the shit and all. Well... You get my drift. None of them view it as central to their personality, and as such my enthusiasm for it is mostly not met with equal measures of excitement. That can be pretty frustrating, so here I am, talking to people who actually care! :D

So... A late hello it is! Hope we're gonna (continue to) have fun!

Nucarn

Jan 15, 2020
Belgium
Hello everyone!
Thank you for the admin who approved my account. Gonna be honest, been lurking resetera and the old forum for a few years already (the fake 'nx' leak with the trees was an amazing read) finally managed to get an email that is allowed to register in this great community.
Hope to discuss future threads with all of you! There are some really engaging topics going around here that I always read with a lot of curiosity!

Best regards,
Nucarn

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
After more than a decade of lurking on GAF and now ERA I finally realized that my ISP provides me with a mail address so I can finally join y'all. I am from Germany and mostly game on PC and XBOX (still debating on buying a PS 4 for Gravity Rush 2).

I am also the greatest Saber stan ever, so expect a great influx of OG Arty on this forum for the foreseeable future.

Avacyn

Jan 14, 2020
Greetings. I'm glad to join the site. I look forward to joining some great discussions. Thank you for approving my account! I've heard great things about this site.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Hi guys, I guess I'm not new now. Long time lurker on the old place.

Who do i bug about posting problems?

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Hey there era - I'm new here. PS4 and PC gets most of my gaming time but I also play some stuff on the ol Switch.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
Hi everyone! I'd say I've been lurking here for more than a year at this point? Decided it was high time I register an account. Anyway, looking forward to participating in plenty of awesome discussions!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
After more than a decade of lurking on GAF and now ERA I finally realized that my ISP provides me with a mail address so I can finally join y'all. I am from Germany and mostly game on PC and XBOX (still debating on buying a PS 4 for Gravity Rush 2).

I am also the greatest Saber stan ever, so expect a great influx of OG Arty on this forum for the foreseeable future.
Welcome. Similarly did the same. ISP have email addresses who knew?

Sir Sonic

Jan 14, 2020
Hi everyone from era

I'm Sir Sonic
a weeb at front
a nintendo fanboy at back

one of the most hated combination of them all
I'm in your care

Rebellion82

Jan 9, 2020
Hello Everyone.

I'm Rebellion82. I'm a long time lurker and finally became a member.
Thanks for letting me join.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Been here for a while but never introduced myself. Old guy (53!) that has been gaming since pong. Owned every PS and Xbox, some older Nintendo consoles, Atari 2600, Intellevision, ColecoVision, etc. PC gamer back in the day, got tired of trying to keep up with the latest and greatest tech. Big Commodore 64 guy back in the day as well.
Looking forward to next gen. This is a great forum, glad a buddy guided me here.

Jan 15, 2020
Hi, I've known about this forum for 2 years back when I was in school, but I finally decided to join it.

I'm mainly a French speaker, so if any of my sentences make no sense/sound weird, you can tell me how to rectify it and I highly encourage you do so without being rude about it. Also, I'm a big fan of Super Mario Brothers and Nintendo related stuff in general and have been playing video games for over a decade now.

Oh for anyone here wondering where I got this fantastic avi from, here it is. It is free to use for personal usage only.

FGPack

Jan 19, 2020
Italy
Hello everyone. I started following this forum recently and decided to join the community. I hope to make a lot of friends here!

FanceeLadd

Jan 17, 2020
Hi all. I've been lurking for a good three months or so now and figured I'd finally join in the conversation. I'm currently playing DQXIS on the Switch and re-playing Bloodborne on the PS4. I recently did an inventory of my gaming backlog and found that it stands at over 300 games, so please keep me away from any digital game sales for the next decade or so. Bonus points if you can name the movie my avatar and username are from.

N0xtis

Nov 19, 2019
NJ, USA
Hey! I figured I should finally post on here. Long time lurker looking to break some anxiety and post every now and then. Mainly game on PC but occasionally PS4 and Switch. Right now, I'm in the middle of a major Path of Exile addiction.

Thanks for the approval and I'm looking forward to joining in. :)

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I registered with my student email but that is only as good as long as I am a student. What can I use in its place when I am no longer a student?

hmwithuva

Jan 5, 2020
Hi everyone :)
I've been lurking for some months now and have even already posted on some threads before (sry) but decided to formally introduce myself now.
My bf-soon-to-be-kinda-already-is?-husband (hi Ethical Hedonism) introduced me to ERA and although I'm not much of a gamer as he is I enjoy wasting my time reading strangers bickering endlessly on the interwebs
also I'm about to start Pokemon Sword so YAY

BGs

3D-VFX Generalist and VR Developer
Verified
Jan 21, 2020
Hi everyone.

(First of all, I apologize for my poor level of English writing)

I'm European and I've been reading you for long time. I'm delighted to be a part of this community.

Recently I actively entered GAF and officially introduced myself, so I will take advantage of part of that presentation, since it is the same for Era.

Since 1994 I have been 3DVFX Generalist, although for a few years I have been a producer and developer of cross-platform VR content in a new and small-medium-sized company (I sent an email to Hecht but he hasn't received approval yet, maybe he hasn't seen the message yet.). But from the beginning I want to make one thing clear, I have not joined together to filter any type of private information or to advertise. I have joined to share opinions and hobbies beyond the professional and to help clarify doubts about the issues that I can, if necessary.

As for my personal tastes, I find it difficult to choose a favorite video game, there are many masterpieces, but if I had to choose a special one for me it would be Monkey Island.

The same goes for consoles, although I could assure you that PS2 has been the one that has given me the most hours of fun and that in my adolescence I have always considered myself a PC player, there is a special place in my heart for MSX (which by the way , for those who do not know, Sony was one of the manufacturers of the Hardware and Microsoft one of the adapters of the Software).

In my wetter thoughts I still dream of a future alliance (again) of Sony and Microsoft to create the definitive video game system (evil laugh).

I hope to contribute to the forum everything that is allowed to me and, although my contributions may be spaced in time, I will try to always be interesting.

P.S. I will wait for Hecht to validate me before I start contributing to the community.

Cheers and play.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Hi everyone.

(First of all, I apologize for my poor level of English writing)

I'm European and I've been reading you for long time. I'm delighted to be a part of this community.

Recently I actively entered GAF and officially introduced myself, so I will take advantage of part of that presentation, since it is the same for Era.

Since 1994 I have been 3DVFX Generalist, although for a few years I have been a producer and developer of cross-platform VR content in a new and small-medium-sized company (I sent an email to Hecht but he hasn't received approval yet, maybe he hasn't seen the message yet.). But from the beginning I want to make one thing clear, I have not joined together to filter any type of private information or to advertise. I have joined to share opinions and hobbies beyond the professional and to help clarify doubts about the issues that I can, if necessary.

As for my personal tastes, I find it difficult to choose a favorite video game, there are many masterpieces, but if I had to choose a special one for me it would be Monkey Island.

The same goes for consoles, although I could assure you that PS2 has been the one that has given me the most hours of fun and that in my adolescence I have always considered myself a PC player, there is a special place in my heart for MSX (which by the way , for those who do not know, Sony was one of the manufacturers of the Hardware and Microsoft one of the adapters of the Software).

In my wetter thoughts I still dream of a future alliance (again) of Sony and Microsoft to create the definitive video game system (evil laugh).

I hope to contribute to the forum everything that is allowed to me and, although my contributions may be spaced in time, I will try to always be interesting.

P.S. I will wait for Hecht to validate me before I start contributing to the community.

Cheers and play.
I got you :)

Ocie

Jan 21, 2020
Thank you to whoever approved my account.

Feels weird to have an account after lurking for so long!

I'm a Kojima fan and I enjoy how the love for him here is practically unanimous and salt-free.

Perk

Dec 22, 2019
thanks for the approval!

I'm a Fighting Game fiend and resident '09er, even though I've been obsessed with them since getting my hands on Mortal Kombat II as a kid

Just really glad to see a thriving forum community, as I sorely missed the format :D

Benjamouth

Jan 21, 2020
Thanks to the kind soul who approved my account.
Transitioned from a lurker so I could post in a hidden gems GBA thread, love the Game Boy in all its various forms.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Hi guys been a lurker ever since the site launched and i visit Era basically everyday so, i figured i might as well join and start posting :D

AceDomino

Jan 23, 2020
Germany
Hit there! I came here as part of a so far depressingly futile quest to find a gaming community that's both reasonably active and not terrible. Thank you very much for approving my account. I'll try my best to be a good contributor.

MXultra

Jan 25, 2020
Hey, I'm a game dev with peculiar opinions.

Actually, someone here posted a thread about the game I'm working on and it doubled the trailer views overnight.
We have a demo on the way, so maybe in a month I'll make a thread explaining what it's all about and answering questions?
LMK if that goes against any rules on self-promotion (I promise I won't spam about it).

Anyway, I'll probably lurk a bit... maybe get drawn into a few arguments.

Ayeffen

Jan 27, 2020
London, UK
Greetings all!

Thanks to the admin that approved my membership.

I'm a bit of a forum veteran previously managing EA's UK forum. I've been nomadic for a few years looking for a decent and *active* forum. Resetera certainly seems to be both of these things so I'm hopeful I will be here regularly and for a good while!

A bit about me - from the UK, pushing 30, married, started my own business towards the end of 2019.

I game regularly between my PC, N Switch and PS4 - passionate about science-fiction generally.

My favourite game of all time is Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC), playing that on and off since its release in 2003 - currently enjoying finishing off Jedi Fallen Order (or as I like to call it, Falling Off Order 🤣)

Also want to congratulate the admins on a very clear, robust and fair set of guidelines and rules. It's fantastic to see the team engaged with the community so closely. 👍

Hope to see you all around!

Neuropa

Jan 26, 2020
Hello everyone! Thanks a bunch to the admin that approved my registration. I'm glad to be given the opportunity to participate in this community.

I've been playing video games for most of my life - much like many of you, I'm sure. My favourite game is Deadly Premonition. Despite its (many) flaws, I was drawn in by its unique charm and it holds personal significance for me. I mostly play World of Warcraft and various action, strategy, and puzzle games as of late.

I don't want to write too long of an intro post for fear of some poor soul happening upon it and scrolling through a huge body of text. I'll keep it short and just say that I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully who I am and what I'm about will come through bit by bit in my other posts. Thanks again for the opportunity. Much love to you all.

Last edited:

BigMex

Jan 5, 2020
Long Beach
Thank you to whomever approved me. My name is Noe, aka BigMex. I write shitty takes on fighting games on my blog and podcast: The Street Writer Podcast. My favorite game of all-time is NiGHTS into dreams... I'm a huge Sonic Team fan, love fighting games, and have been playing video games since the Earth was still cooling down. I look forward to reading up on everyone's takes on the fighting genre. Please feel free to ask me a question or call out my crap takes.

Kirby0Louise

Jan 28, 2020
Dreamland/Halkegenia
Hello

I am an aspiring solo developer with one goal in mind: Create the best DirectX 12 based game engine in the world. As a devout supporter of open source, I'm always interested in sharing my knowledge as well as learning from those who might know more than me. You can check out my Github (same username) if you're interested in following my progress.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I've been a member since mid last year, but I just realized that I never introduced myself here! Hello everyone!

Kronos

Mar 12, 2019
Hello everyone! Joined months ago, but forgot my log in stuff till recently. Would love to have some awesome discussions soon hopefully :)

Dimentio

Feb 3, 2020
Hi, I'm Jamey. I registered with the name Dimentio, but I'm probably more well known as Fawfulthegreat64

I'm a Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi fangirl, i love Fawful and Dimentio and Vivian and Cackletta and Count Bleck and other characters in those circles. Rooting for Paper Mario to come back and be like the games that gave me many of these characters that mean so much to me! Also hoping Nintendo can scoop up the M&L team after their company AlphaDream sadly went under, so that series can continue with the same devs (also Fawful for Mario Kart)

I was led here by the rumor of Paper Mario on the Switch, which afaik originated here :)