• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Fighters MegaMix really plays more like Fighting Vipers than it does play like Virtua Fighter. Fighters MegaMix was made using the Fighting Vipers game engine to accommodate for the armor/ walled arenas. This game also does not run in the Saturns high resolution mode, like VF2 did.

This was also, in some ways, the closest the Sega Saturn got to a Virtua Fighter 3. This game was also meant to be an introduction to Virtua Fighter 3 as well, The VF2 cast has most of their VF3 movesets in this game, and even hidden characters like Janet from Virtua Cop 2 has most of Aoi's (from VF3) moveset as well. It also uses VF3's dodge move, and even has the VF3 announcer.

MegaMix is like a grabbag of every AM2 fighting game developed up to 1996. It's not a well balanced fighting game, because of it's wacky roster of characters, but I don;t think it was ever meant to be. But still one of the better 3D fighters on the system.

I agree, though I wanted to say in a way that it was not a party fighter like Power Stone or Smash Bros :)

Shining the Holy Ark
If you liked Shining in the Darkness for Sega Mega drive, you'll love this :) The prerendered sprites and the eyes are a bit weird though.
544874-1218222196_01.png
544895-1218222202_00.png
544945-1218222196_03.png

Die Hard Arcade
Released in 1996 An arcade action title developed by Sega features the plot, but not the events of Die Hard the film. Very different from the playstation game :)
b0HMCKOLqmNgaV29HpuNK9Cx4pzth6atmXc1_A5O.jpg
eeTuOXgST7NsVeQPZHW5fuZJoABPQVFq1z2_szfI.png
wH5tc4H2FUm6yFBCD0pJiEWMOmypiA9e5E8zPOxH.jpg

Last edited:

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
they put out a cooler cool boarders. I think that's the only reason why I ever wanted a Saturn. glad I let my friend bite the bullet on that one.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Another weird game I've heard is great and I never tried is

Mr. Bones
Released Sep 30, 1996. In Mr. Bones players take control of an undead blues musician who must destroy the evil vampire who brought him back to life.
209408-mrbones02.jpg
209407-mrbones01.jpg
209406-mr__bones.jpg

lol yeah that's it. it was awesome at that time.
I hope I get to try it one day. Seeing all these great games I wish we someday got a sega saturn mini :)

A weird saturn and playstation release I also never tried was

Cat the Ripper
A horror game?
38942-title-Cat-the-Ripper-Jyusanninme-no-Tanteishi.jpg
38942-ingame-Cat-the-Ripper-Jyusanninme-no-Tanteishi.jpg
38942-ingame-Cat-the-Ripper-Jyusanninme-no-Tanteishi.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yeah indeed. Fighters MegaMix was really more inspired by SNK's king of Fighters series.
That's a good comparison :)

Waku Waku 7
Released in1996 for Arcade Neo Geo and Saturn. Seven wacky characters fight over seven legendary balls to grant their greatest wish in Sunsoft's second 2D fighting game.
931192-wakuwak723.png
931190-wakuwak721.png
931181-wakuwak712.png

Also worth a mention is Sunsoft's other fighting game, Waku Waku 7.
Sorry, I see you already posted this :)

Also I always thought it was weird to see a Shining game made as a zelda-like?

Shining Wisdom
It still has the same graphic style as the other Shining games of this era. Weird, but I've heard it's not very good?

895381-shining-wisdom-sega-saturn-screenshot-which-isn-t-to-say-we.png
895385-shining-wisdom-sega-saturn-screenshot-when-character-portraits.png
895368-shining-wisdom-sega-saturn-screenshot-and-of-course-gotta.png

Last edited:

julian

Oct 27, 2017
you mean this?

Steep Slope Sliders
Released September 199, developed by Cave. I never tried it. How was it?
780641-ssf_2008_10_29_19_50_43_23.png
780635-ssf_2008_10_29_21_43_34_56.png
780646-ssf_2008_10_29_19_54_02_03.png

I used to love this game. But now whenever I go back to it I seem to have no idea how to do anything!

That's a good comparison :)

Waku Waku 7
Released in1996 for Arcade Neo Geo and Saturn. Seven wacky characters fight over seven legendary balls to grant their greatest wish in Sunsoft's second 2D fighting game.
931192-wakuwak723.png
931190-wakuwak721.png
931181-wakuwak712.png

Also I always thought it was weird to see a Shining game made as a zelda-like?

Shining Wisdom
It still has the same graphic style as the other Shining games of this era. Weird, but I've heard it's not very good?

895381-shining-wisdom-sega-saturn-screenshot-which-isn-t-to-say-we.png
895385-shining-wisdom-sega-saturn-screenshot-when-character-portraits.png
895368-shining-wisdom-sega-saturn-screenshot-and-of-course-gotta.png
Shining Wisdom is terrible

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree, though I wanted to say in a way that it was not a party fighter like Power Stone or Smash Bros :)

Shining the Holy Ark
If you liked Shining in the Darkness for Sega Mega drive, you'll love this :) The prerendered sprites and the eyes are a bit weird though.
544874-1218222196_01.png
544895-1218222202_00.png
544945-1218222196_03.png

Die Hard Arcade
Released in 1996 An arcade action title developed by Sega features the plot, but not the events of Die Hard the film. Very different from the playstation game :)
b0HMCKOLqmNgaV29HpuNK9Cx4pzth6atmXc1_A5O.jpg
eeTuOXgST7NsVeQPZHW5fuZJoABPQVFq1z2_szfI.png
wH5tc4H2FUm6yFBCD0pJiEWMOmypiA9e5E8zPOxH.jpg
the game you called "The Playstation Game" was also released on the Saturn

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I used to love this game. But now whenever I go back to it I seem to have no idea how to do anything!

Shining Wisdom is terrible
Oh ok :(

the game you called "The Playstation Game" was also released on the Saturn
Well I owned the other game for Playstation and never saw it for Saturn. I should research more. Another game that was on both those systems is

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
This is one of the few examples I know of where a 2d game was worse on Saturn than Playstation. Framerate, some graphic stretching and the extras are not supposed to be worth it.
723718-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-sega-saturn-screenshot-character.png
723724-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-sega-saturn-screenshot-aquatic.png
723725-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-sega-saturn-screenshot-meeting.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh another game that I'm really fond of on the Saturn is Bulk Slash.

It's a mech game where you can transform into a flying ship on command, even though the mech is a pre-rendered sprite (like Donkey Long Country) it's another game that shows the way the Saturn could handle 3d games. Fun game with a good soundtrack too imo.

images

images
images
images
images
Damn I miss this game.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Mahou Gakuen Lunar!
This game had many versions. Is the Saturn version still worth it?
943681-mahou-gakuen-lunar-sega-saturn-screenshot-lena-is-already.png
943686-mahou-gakuen-lunar-sega-saturn-screenshot-elie-and-lena-make.png
943687-mahou-gakuen-lunar-sega-saturn-screenshot-the-battles-in-this.png

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shining Force 3 chapter 1
I am currently playing through this for the first time, and I am loving it. It is a top srpg and only the first was translated, but back in 2013 I was in Tokyo and bought all chapters in japanese that have been fan translated :) The early polygon style in battles might be weird now, but I like it :)

845967-sf319.png
845966-sf318.png
845961-sf313.png

SF3 honestly holds up really well.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Did you know Sega Saturn had "netplay?" Here are some examples:

Sega Rally: Netlink Edition
I really enjoyed the not-online version. Did anyone of you try it online?
1242540-sr2.jpg
1242539-sr1.jpg
1124867-src9.jpg

Saturn Bomberman
How was this played online?
211912-stage1.jpg
211911-saturn_bomberman_14.jpg
211908-saturn_bomberman_11.jpg

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Fighters MegaMix really plays more like Fighting Vipers than it does play like Virtua Fighter. Fighters MegaMix was made using the Fighting Vipers game engine to accommodate for the armor/ walled arenas. This game also does not run in the Saturns high resolution mode, like VF2 does.

This was also, in some ways, the closest the Sega Saturn got to a Virtua Fighter 3. This game was also meant to be an introduction to Virtua Fighter 3 as well, The VF2 cast has most of their VF3 movesets in this game, and even hidden characters like Janet from Virtua Cop 2 has most of Aoi's (from VF3) movesetl. The game also has VF3's dodge move, and even has the VF3 announcer.

MegaMix is like a grabbag of every AM2 fighting game developed up to 1996. It's not a well balanced fighting game, because of it's wacky roster of characters, but I don;t think it was ever meant to be. But still one of the better 3D fighters on the system.
Pretty sure there was a setting toggle between using VF engine and FV engine. I always kept it on FV mode because the juggles felt like a busted Tekken.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Shining Force 3 chapter 1
I am currently playing through this for the first time, and I am loving it. It is a top srpg and only the first was translated, but back in 2013 I was in Tokyo and bought all chapters in japanese that have been fan translated :) The early polygon style in battles might be weird now, but I like it :)

845967-sf319.png
845966-sf318.png
845961-sf313.png

SF3 trilogy is the greatest SRPG of all time

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks for this awesome thread, the sega saturn will always hold a special place in my heart, it was the first console i bought with my own money, i got the nes,snes and mega drive as presents but i had to save up for the saturn, and it cost a minor fortune when it released in sweden.

The console was 500£ and with extra controllers and games for another 250£ and that's not accounting for inflation, that thing remains the most expensive console i have ever bought.

I still have it and it probably still works i have around 20 games for it, unfortunately i don't have any monitor to use it with at the moment, my pc monitor and tv are all digital, i will probably by a cheap old used analoge tv just so i can play my old consoles.

Dark Savior.

Bad name. Cool looking game!

ZgIxCGT.gif

Dark saviour was awesome, i still have it somewhere, this video does a good job showing how unique it was.

What's wrong with our brothers? :P

To be fair nights into dreams was never particularly good, it looked amazing at the time and had some neat ideas but i just didn't like it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair nights into dreams was never particularly good, it looked amazing at the time and had some neat ideas but i just didn't like it.
Jeg synes Nights var veldig artig :)

Bug
This game was weird, but not beautiful. I also didn't like it as much as I had hoped. I am not even sure I played a demo or the full game, as I never played much of it on my brothers console, and I never tried to go back.
413985-bug-sega-saturn-screenshot-jumping-over-an-enemy-in-reptilia.png
413986-bug-sega-saturn-screenshot-fighting-a-frog-in-splot.png
413981-bug-sega-saturn-screenshot-dragonfly-express-bonus-stage.png

SF3 trilogy is the greatest SRPG of all time
I am closing in on the end of chapter 1 now :)

Herc's Adventures
I had "Hercules" for Playstation, but this game always seemed more interesting. Released for both 32-bit consoles in 1997. Developed by Big Ape Productions, Inc., LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
434100-herc-s-adventures-sega-saturn-screenshot-not-only-objects.png
434095-herc-s-adventures-sega-saturn-screenshot-from-a-demo.png
434098-herc-s-adventures-sega-saturn-screenshot-so-much-to-the-cyclops.png

That is a thing of beauty :)

Last edited:

Shion

Nov 8, 2017
Torico / Lunacy​
1sdjjk.png
2y1j2p.png
3n9jv1.png

Twin Peaks-style mystery and characters, unique tone and atmosphere and, even though I haven't played it in years, I think that the overall aesthetic has aged surprisingly well. The story goes full JRPG in the later parts of the game but it's still an extremely memorable experience IMO, I've never played anything like it. Definitely one of the best console-exclusive adventure games,​

Last edited:

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked that somewhat brief era of dark CG adventures. Lunacy was one of the better ones. Mansion of Hidden Souls is another Saturn one although I remember liking the earlier Sega CD game more.

Deleted member 18192

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I should goto my parents and get my Saturn, have a pal and jp console and a few jp games but I have every single pal release

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Pretty sure there was a setting toggle between using VF engine and FV engine. I always kept it on FV mode because the juggles felt like a busted Tekken.

The game doesn't switch between two engines. It uses the Fighting Vipers engine for both modes. But the VF mode does have different physics from the FV mode, which does affect the way the game plays. You're not wrong about that. Also, VF mode removes the armor from the FV characters as well.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Tailzo Shining the Holy Ark was my first ever RPG!! I completed it but I still think it's strange how it all pivots around aliens that look like butterfly pasta.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

Nothing too weird here, but I recently revamped my Saturn love by getting a modded machine, and an OSSC. The visual output is amazing and I spent Christmas Eve playing Saturn Bomberman and Bubble Symphony co-op with my partner.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
one of these days i need to see if I can acquire a copy of the game just for this patch. Dragon Force was easily my favorite Saturn game and it always killed me knowing there was a sequel I've never played.

Speaking of which, I'm about due for my bi-yearly playthrough... easily top 5 for me.

The first game wasn't the most beautiful, but watching armies of literally hundreds of NPCs fighting back then was something else.

The-Top-14-Video-Game-Cheats-And-Codes-Dragon-Force-Game-Sega-Saturn.jpg

may as well resurrect these

YzwgTvl.gif

K2Xp8w9.gif

other thing about these older games is the fucking fonts!! I can't stand the generic shit they use nowadays

2CxPBRu.jpg

ekRQ7i8.jpg

8aHjv90.jpg

fqaGOSB.jpg

kKiNPyc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Winter Heat
1997, this is a sequel I never played, but I am quite sure I would love it. Colorful characters and great arcade action :)
GS-9177_31,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-31-Winter-Heat-JPN.jpg
GS-9177_24,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-24-Winter-Heat-JPN.jpg
GS-9177_10,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-10-Winter-Heat-JPN.jpg

J League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou!
Soccer game from 1996 with seemingly weird camera angles. How was this to play?
25001-menu-J-League-Pro-Soccer-Club-o-Tsukurou.jpg
25001-ingame-J-League-Pro-Soccer-Club-o-Tsukurou.jpg
25001-ingame-J-League-Pro-Soccer-Club-o-Tsukurou.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Jung Rhytm
Action - Dance game, published by ALTRON, which was released in Japan in the beginning of 1998 for the Sega Saturn.

32565-title-Jung-Rhythm.jpg
32565-ingame-Jung-Rhythm.jpg
32565-ingame-Jung-Rhythm.jpg

XboxCowdry

alt account
Banned
Sep 1, 2019
Darius Gaiden LSD style backgrounds and super weird music thanks to ZUNTATA

Exhumed: A weird mix of FPS Platformer and Super Metroid backtracking and it all works.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Culdcept
The first installment in the long running board-game series initially released on the Sega Saturn and ported to several other platforms. I've always wanted to try one of these :)
T-31401G_5,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-5-Culdcept-JPN.jpg
T-31401G_13,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-13-Culdcept-JPN.jpg
T-31401G_22,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-22-Culdcept-JPN.jpg

Another card-rpg game that looks nice is

Arcana Strikes
RPG game, published by TAKARA, which was released in Japan in 1997 for the Sega Saturn.

T-10311G_25,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-25-Arcana-Strikes-JPN.jpg
T-10311G_77,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-77-Arcana-Strikes-JPN.jpg
T-10311G_60,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-60-Arcana-Strikes-JPN.jpg

Saturn had more of these than I knew about, I found this one today

Texthoth Ludo ~Arcana Senki~
Simulation game, developed by Pai / Falcon and published by Pai, which was released in Japan in 1997 for the Sega Saturn.
32956-menu-Texthoth-Ludo-Arcanum-Senki.jpg
32956-ingame-Texthoth-Ludo-Arcanum-Senki.jpg

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Culdcept
The first installment in the long running board-game series initially released on the Sega Saturn and ported to several other platforms. I've always wanted to try one of these :)
T-31401G_5,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-5-Culdcept-JPN.jpg
T-31401G_13,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-13-Culdcept-JPN.jpg
T-31401G_22,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-22-Culdcept-JPN.jpg

Another card-rpg game that looks nice is

Arcana Strikes
RPG game, published by TAKARA, which was released in Japan in 1997 for the Sega Saturn.

T-10311G_25,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-25-Arcana-Strikes-JPN.jpg
T-10311G_77,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-77-Arcana-Strikes-JPN.jpg
T-10311G_60,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-60-Arcana-Strikes-JPN.jpg

Saturn had more of these than I knew about, I found this one today

Texthoth Ludo ~Arcana Senki~
Simulation game, developed by Pai / Falcon and published by Pai, which was released in Japan in 1997 for the Sega Saturn.
32956-menu-Texthoth-Ludo-Arcanum-Senki.jpg
FYI culdecept revolt on 3ds got a western release

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I always found Mystaria: Realms of Lore to have an intensely weird atmosphere. The game is butt-ugly and I never got that far as a kid, but the whole lo-fi look really adds to the atmosphere. Same with Virtual Hydlide. Not exactly highly recommended games, but I had fun with them.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
And to think there was a time when people though 2D games looked lame.

I always found Mystaria: Realms of Lore to have an intensely weird atmosphere. The game is butt-ugly and I never got that far as a kid, but the whole lo-fi look really adds to the atmosphere. Same with Virtual Hydlide. Not exactly highly recommended games, but I had fun with them.

Yeah, bad games but weird atmospheres that makes you kind of want to keep playing. Reminds me of Drakkhen for the SNES.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
And to think there was a time when people though 2D games looked lame.
The UK Official Playstation mag was abysmal for this. They consistently under rated any game that was 2D (including great stuff like SOTN, Klonoa, Tombi etc.) but the quote that sticks in my mind the mosst is the review for Street Fighter Alpha 3 where they freely admit that its a 10/10 game "if you don't care about 2D graphics". Never quite understood why slick 2D graphics were a bad thing, especially when looking back on it and SF EX+@ its clear which of the two aged better graphically...

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Torico / Lunacy​
1sdjjk.png
2y1j2p.png
3n9jv1.png

Twin Peaks-style mystery and characters, unique tone and atmosphere and, even though I haven't played it in years, I think that the overall aesthetic has aged surprisingly well. The story goes full JRPG in the later parts of the game but it's still an extremely memorable experience IMO, I've never played anything like it. Definitely one of the best console-exclusive adventure games,​

I have such an affection for this game.

dyelawn91

Jan 16, 2018
Dark Savior, which has been brought up several times in this thread, gave me horrifically vivid nightmares when I was a kid. So much so that, to this day, thinking about it sends shivers of fear shooting up my spine. I really need to play it again to see how it holds up.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

Shining the Holy Ark
544874-1218222196_01.png
544895-1218222202_00.png
544945-1218222196_03.png

Definitely weird monster sprites and those dungeons were sometimes creepy af. I was playing the PAL released on a modified 60hz console and while it made everything run at the original Japanese speed the audio especially during battles you would hear extra noises which made it interesting..although it never sounded off.

Some of those NPC characters spilled over into the Shining Force III trilogy story

Also while I can't find any sources anymore iirc this was like the last western Saturn release that made it's way into the top 5 USA game sales during it's debut before everything became dominated by playstation sales..

b2YsWcI.jpg

VqozwQ8.jpg

HwFjLlD.jpg

Pas9jnS.jpg

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Dennou Senki Virtual-On (or Virtual-On - Cyber Troopers in the US)
Fighting 3D - Shooter game, developed by Sega AM3 released in Japan in 1996 for the Sega Saturn.
GS-9099_23,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-23-Dennou-Senki-Virtual-On-JPN.jpg
GS-9099_9,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-9-Dennou-Senki-Virtual-On-JPN.jpg
GS-9099_4,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-4-Dennou-Senki-Virtual-On-JPN.jpg

I like the colors and the style, but the 3D graphics have aged...

[/QUOTE]
I liked that somewhat brief era of dark CG adventures. Lunacy was one of the better ones. Mansion of Hidden Souls is another Saturn one although I remember liking the earlier Sega CD game more.
Yeah, I remember seeing some screens. Interesting time period :)

I should goto my parents and get my Saturn, have a pal and jp console and a few jp games but I have every single pal release
I belive you would have a great time if you do :)

I never played the full game as nowhere stocked it in the UK. But I played the hell out of the demo that came with the UK saturn mag.
Sounds like it was as fun as the summer version then :)

Tailzo Shining the Holy Ark was my first ever RPG!! I completed it but I still think it's strange how it all pivots around aliens that look like butterfly pasta.
Oh really, I need to play through it one day :)

Nothing too weird here, but I recently revamped my Saturn love by getting a modded machine, and an OSSC. The visual output is amazing and I spent Christmas Eve playing Saturn Bomberman and Bubble Symphony co-op with my partner.
Saturn bomberman is supposed to be among the best Bomberman games :)

FYI culdecept revolt on 3ds got a western release
Thank you! I now see that it did :) Sadly my (or my daughters) 3ds is a bit busted, the R button. Not sure if I'll play it anymore.

Mystaria was always interesting, but ugly :)

Some of those NPC characters spilled over into the Shining Force III trilogy story
That's really cool :)

Did you know Grandia got another Saturn release?

Grandia - Digital Museum
I found this while thinking about posting screens of Grandia, as that game was the most beautiful in its original Sega Saturn version. Did anyone try this?

33177-menu-Grandia-Digital-Museum.jpg
33177-ingame-Grandia-Digital-Museum.jpg

I found this from the wiki
Grandia Digital Museum
Grandia Digital Museum is a spin-off title produced for the Sega Saturn. It is set in the same universe as the original Grandia and includes characters and settings from first game. The game is not a sequel to the original but more of an expansion - featuring much of the same material found on the original title.

Story
Justin and friends are summoned by Liete to a giant museum that she has created. However, many of the exhibits have gone missing and it is up to Justin, Sue and Feena to find and restore each exhibit to its proper place. Liete transports the team to four separate dungeons where the game takes place.

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I remember seeing some screens. Interesting time period :)

I belive you would have a great time if you do :)

Sounds like it was as fun as the summer version then :)

Oh really, I need to play through it one day :)

Saturn bomberman is supposed to be among the best Bomberman games :)

Thank you! I now see that it did :) Sadly my (or my daughters) 3ds is a bit busted, the R button. Not sure if I'll play it anymore.

Mystaria was always interesting, but ugly :)

That's really cool :)

Did you know Grandia got another Saturn release?

Grandia - Digital Museum
I found this while thinking about posting screens of Grandia, as that game was the most beautiful in its original Sega Saturn version. Did anyone try this?

33177-menu-Grandia-Digital-Museum.jpg

I found this from the wiki

Saturn releases:
Grandia Prelude
Grandia Yoyaku present campaign (pre order item)
Grandia
Grandia Digital Museum

HAoyn7L.jpg

from the game guides each book covers one out of the 2 game discs

BXB3RVA.jpg

NKQtmat.jpg

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Saturn releases:
Grandia Prelude
Grandia Yoyaku present campaign (pre order item)
Grandia
Grandia Digital Museum

from the game guides each book covers one out of the 2 game discs
I wish everything would be translated in the HD port. It wasn't, right?

Anyway, a lot of strategy rpgs have been shown, but not this one:

Zanma Chou Ougi Valhollian
Simulation - RPG game, published by KAMATA & PARTNERS, which was released in Japan in 1998 for the Sega Saturn. As far as I know never translated. I like the look of it :)
T-38201G_6,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-6-Zanma-Chou-Ougi-Valhollian-JPN.jpg
T-38201G_19,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-19-Zanma-Chou-Ougi-Valhollian-JPN.jpg
T-38201G_14,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-14-Zanma-Chou-Ougi-Valhollian-JPN.jpg