• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Always see this thread around and never done it before so let's jump in. I started my weight loss journey roughly 16 months ago at ~265lbs and am down roughly 80lbs already, but I actually got as low as 95lbs (170 lbs) down and then regained 15 over the last year-ish (so most of my weight loss was in the first 4 months). My goal is to get to 145 lbs, so I have 40 lbs left to go.

Anyway, starting stats:

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 184.8 lbs

Let's do this.

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that should be everyone tallied up. Please check the spreadsheet and let me know if there have been any mistakes.

Oct 25, 2017
Since the coronavirus has my gym closing indefinitely I am going to stop bulking and lose some fat. I will join unofficially starting at 179lbs. I am probably closer to 175lbs already. I will aim for 155-160 lbs again.

My plan is to follow a modified keto diet, somewhat similar to the P:E diet by Ted Naiman. Working out the details still. But I think the plan is to have a high protein+moderate/low fat day followed by a day of fasting, followed by a standard keto day, and then repeat. I am aiming to lose 1% bodyweight per week. With no caloric restriction (except on fasting days) I am estimating 1.3 lbs per week. I will eat at about 250 calorie deficit on eating days and that will put me at around 1.6lbs per week.

Probably starting tomorrow with high protein day. Today is last day of my bulk so I will probably over do it a little bit lol

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Since the coronavirus has my gym closing indefinitely I am going to stop bulking and lose some fat. I will join unofficially starting at 179lbs. I am probably closer to 175lbs already. I will aim for 155-160 lbs again.

My plan is to follow a modified keto diet, somewhat similar to the P:E diet by Ted Naiman. Working out the details still. But I think the plan is to have a high protein+moderate/low fat day followed by a day of fasting, followed by a standard keto day, and then repeat. I am aiming to lose 1% bodyweight per week. With no caloric restriction (except on fasting days) I am estimating 1.3 lbs per week. I will eat at about 250 calorie deficit on eating days and that will put me at around 1.6lbs per week.

Probably starting tomorrow with high protein day. Today is last day of my bulk so I will probably over do it a little bit lol
Welcome back!

All this is making me glad I set up a home gym. It might limit me in terms of what exercises I can do (due to lack of equipment apart from a bench, barbell, dumbbells and a squat rack), but it does mean I can work out without leaving the house.

For everyone else who isn't on lockdown, it may be advisable to get some resistance bands or pick up Ring Fit Adventure or something. Losing weight is still mostly diet, but you will feel better for having gotten some exercise.

Oct 25, 2017
I can continue to exercise from home but I will likely focus more on skill work and a little less on strength work. Aim to maintain than grow so following a bulking plan seems less than ideal under the current circumstances. All I really need is a pull up bar. I have resistance bands and a gravity trainer. If I can do 1 push, 1 pull, and 1 leg every day to muscular failure that will be more than enough. Pull ups, dips, and squats. I have 2 dumbbells with exchangeable weights as well.

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I'm walking inside my house because of the lockdown. Not so fulfilling lol
You might try this if you want a challenge:

kb/recommended_routine - bodyweightfitness

r/bodyweightfitness: Bodyweight Fitness is for redditors who like to use their own body to train, from the simple pullups, pushups, and squats to …

It doesn't need a lot of equipment and uses your body's own body weight to provide the needed resistance.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
yeah, this work from home will not do me any favors, whereas at work not even the coffee is free,I literally have to go through the kitchen to get everywhere else on my house. Also lost all the mandatory walks and stairs to get to my station.

Deleted member 63832

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
This whole thing has really derailed me the last couple of days after doing so well for a while, hoping to get back on track soon :/

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have decided to continue with my bulk after all. I probably will be doing some weight loss before the end of this competition phase anyway. Still have not decided to go back to my original plan or not. Turns out my workout from home can be very intense.

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I think I have decided to continue with my bulk after all. I probably will be doing some weight loss before the end of this competition phase anyway. Still have not decided to go back to my original plan or not. Turns out my workout from home can be very intense.
I could track your weight gain if you like! It's just a matter of changing a 1 to a -1 in the spreadsheet.

Barls

Oct 25, 2017
222.7 today. Expected worse after this week. Along with many here, starting to feel the effects of working from home. I've probably got another 6-8 weeks of this so I'm probably going to have to get some kind of routine together.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
238.2 lbs, the least advance over a week in months.... yeah will need to do something else, also now have more access to sweets.

Does anyone know if the Just Dance unlimited free period is a once per account or once per game deal?, I might need to start cardio.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty proud of myself. I hit 248 today! I'm down a total of 102lbs since last may! My final goal is to hit 220 range by September. Then I'll stop cutting

I was a bit worried about actually losing weight this week with my gym closing due to the coronavirus. But I've been really trying to focus on sticking with keto and my intermittent fasting.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Serious weight will be gained during this time, I imagine a lot of boredom eating is happening

Deleted member 63832

Banned
Feb 14, 2020
After two weeks of thinking I was just totally gaining weight like crazy, I find out this morning that I didnt gain any weight at all.

That feels really good.

Deleted member 63832

Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Thanks! Low carb is really working. I need to start back up with ring fit adventure too though.... Been slacking on that front.

This whole thing with coronavirus reall threw me off a good couple of weeks I had going, but yea I think my general attitude toward what I eat even when im not in diet mode has helped a lot.

Low carb, high protein and fat works really well for me too.

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty proud of myself. I hit 248 today! I'm down a total of 102lbs since last may! My final goal is to hit 220 range by September. Then I'll stop cutting

I was a bit worried about actually losing weight this week with my gym closing due to the coronavirus. But I've been really trying to focus on sticking with keto and my intermittent fasting.
Welcome and we'll done! I don't have you on the list. Did you want to follow along?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
little update, so this has been kind of a rough week for me with the news and everything so I had 2 days where I overindulged and stress ate. The last time I weighed myself and had confidence in the number the scale spit our was 226. Probably won't be weighing myself for another week or 2, but I'd like to hit 220 by mid April.

Haven't done much changes to my diet aside from those 2 days where I royally fucked up. I've been experimenting a bit with OMAD lately, and the results have been good to not great. I've gone 4-5 days doing it and feeling great, and I've also had days where I could barely survive 2 days. the first time I attempted it I remember having a really bad headache the following morning, and just last week, I went about 5 days until I started having the same headache again on day 4. I suspect the reason might have to do with the fact that I ate a really eh dinner on the 4th day. Every once in a while we tend to make red lentil soup in this house, and on the 4th day that's what I had and I guess it might have been insufficient.

I've mostly been experimenting with OMAD because I feel like I work better with really strict guidelines. I have parents that are unfortunately not really cooperating with me with regards to what enters and what doesn't enter the house, and lately the house has turned into a bakery and sweets shop with either bread or cake being made on any given day and it's just been hard to resist. setting it up so I only eat 1 meal and don't eat anything else just makes it easier for me to stay in my room and ignore what's being made downstairs.

I'm really bad at sunk cost logic, so often times what happened before I started experimenting with OMAD is, there would be something I really want to eat, see it, and go "what the hell a small bit won't hurt" and then after I finish I'll feel like absolute shit and start thinking "welp I already fucked my day up, I'll just dig in." I've been trying to get away from this mentality but it's admittedly been hard. Especially when I have a really bad sweet tooth.

What I'm trying to get to atm, is just reward myself with foods I enjoy with every milestone I hit, and I think that'll be the way forward for me. As far as OMAD is concerned, what I think I'll do is just continue doing it and on the days where I have bad headaches eat something healthy that night.

Oct 25, 2017
little update, so this has been kind of a rough week for me with the news and everything so I had 2 days where I overindulged and stress ate. The last time I weighed myself and had confidence in the number the scale spit our was 226. Probably won't be weighing myself for another week or 2, but I'd like to hit 220 by mid April.

Haven't done much changes to my diet aside from those 2 days where I royally fucked up. I've been experimenting a bit with OMAD lately, and the results have been good to not great. I've gone 4-5 days doing it and feeling great, and I've also had days where I could barely survive 2 days. the first time I attempted it I remember having a really bad headache the following morning, and just last week, I went about 5 days until I started having the same headache again on day 4. I suspect the reason might have to do with the fact that I ate a really eh dinner on the 4th day. Every once in a while we tend to make red lentil soup in this house, and on the 4th day that's what I had and I guess it might have been insufficient.

I've mostly been experimenting with OMAD because I feel like I work better with really strict guidelines. I have parents that are unfortunately not really cooperating with me with regards to what enters and what doesn't enter the house, and lately the house has turned into a bakery and sweets shop with either bread or cake being made on any given day and it's just been hard to resist. setting it up so I only eat 1 meal and don't eat anything else just makes it easier for me to stay in my room and ignore what's being made downstairs.

I'm really bad at sunk cost logic, so often times what happened before I started experimenting with OMAD is, there would be something I really want to eat, see it, and go "what the hell a small bit won't hurt" and then after I finish I'll feel like absolute shit and start thinking "welp I already fucked my day up, I'll just dig in." I've been trying to get away from this mentality but it's admittedly been hard. Especially when I have a really bad sweet tooth.

What I'm trying to get to atm, is just reward myself with foods I enjoy with every milestone I hit, and I think that'll be the way forward for me. As far as OMAD is concerned, what I think I'll do is just continue doing it and on the days where I have bad headaches eat something healthy that night.

Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough minerals? The longer your fasting period, the more important those become. Sodium, potassium, and even magnesium are good places to start with minerals. Well, I would start first with just adding some salt to water. That can really help with a headache, especially if you are low on sodium which can happen easily on OMAD and fasting in general. The reason minerals are important in the absence of food is because your body will release water and along with it are water soluble minerals. Sodium helps retain water, but also is important in a lot of other things such as regulating blood pressure (potassium too). Hydration and salt have solved a lot of my issues related to fasting. Hope this helps. You could also try dialing back the fasting a bit and slowly work towards OMAD.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough minerals? The longer your fasting period, the more important those become. Sodium, potassium, and even magnesium are good places to start with minerals. Well, I would start first with just adding some salt to water. That can really help with a headache, especially if you are low on sodium which can happen easily on OMAD and fasting in general. The reason minerals are important in the absence of food is because your body will release water and along with it are water soluble minerals. Sodium helps retain water, but also is important in a lot of other things such as regulating blood pressure (potassium too). Hydration and salt have solved a lot of my issues related to fasting. Hope this helps. You could also try dialing back the fasting a bit and slowly work towards OMAD.
So, on the days I do OMAD I usually fill 1 of the bottles of water I drink with propel, but I'm actually not sure if that has sodium in it and if it does, if it's the amount I need daily.

I drink at least a liter and a half of water day and sometimes go up to do, so I think it might be minerals. I'll start adding a bit of salt into my water next time I have a headache.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I think...this is really the best of times to cut down our weight, exercise (even if it's kinda lame inside the house) and have a better immune system.
So all you guys out there, do your best.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
weighed myself this morning, despite really not wanting to, due to fears of some of my recent fuck ups affecting my weight. to my surprise, I've lost another 2 pounds which means I'm down to 224 now.

Would be nice to hit 220 by my Birthday. Probably won't be weighing myself again until around that time now.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I'm finally motivated enough to get back on the horse.

Not stopping this time until I'm below 200. I haven't been there since Novemberish of 2007, but nothing is stopping me this time.

I'll post before and afters. See you guys on the flip side

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great work!

I weighed 229.8 this morning, progress!
Nice, 'gratz!

Nice, are you doing IF?

For me I woke up with 183.8 on the scale.
Yup! I'm doing OMAD. In the past, I've done OMAD + Keto + 1200isplenty. The keto bit was a bit too restrictive now that I live and shop for food with my partner, so I've decided to just restrict myself to a single 1200 calorie meal a day, carbs inclusive. It works well because it adds structure to my eating (which, without...I struggle with snacking a LOT), and gives me a fairly large satisfying meal to look forward to.

One thing I do NOT get without keto is the eating zen that I had before.

I found that on keto, after a week or two, I basically never had food on my mind and avoiding it became super easy, as my body was running on fat stores and never quite seemed to go into the sick/desperation feeling I get when I'm on carbs. Lately, by the time my meal time comes around, I am feeling a bit anxious to eat and sometimes a bit sick, even with plenty of electrolytes and water throughout the day. I really hate the way my body yearns for carbs but this is more sustainable given my current lifestyle, so, while the progress isn't as quick and my overall state of mind isn't as clear as when I was on keto, it works out.

Edit: Also noticed our start weights are fairly similar! Go us, and congrats on the progress so far.

Last edited:

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, 'gratz!

Yup! I'm doing OMAD. In the past, I've done OMAD + Keto + 1200isplenty. The keto bit was a bit too restrictive now that I live and shop for food with my partner, so I've decided to just restrict myself to a single 1200 calorie meal a day, carbs inclusive. It works well because it adds structure to my eating (which, without...I struggle with snacking a LOT), and gives me a fairly large satisfying meal to look forward to.

One thing I do NOT get without keto is the eating zen that I had before.

I found that on keto, after a week or two, I basically never had food on my mind and avoiding it became super easy, as my body was running on fat stores and never quite seemed to go into the sick/desperation feeling I get when I'm on carbs. Lately, by the time my meal time comes around, I am feeling a bit anxious to eat and sometimes a bit sick, even with plenty of electrolytes and water throughout the day. I really hate the way my body yearns for carbs but this is more sustainable given my current lifestyle, so, while the progress isn't as quick and my overall state of mind isn't as clear as when I was on keto, it works out.

Edit: Also noticed our start weights are fairly similar! Go us, and congrats on the progress so far.

I've been seeing OMAD mentioned a lot lately. It's starting to look like something I can do, once I figure out a meal plan lol. I've started eating just two decent (~600 calorie) sized meals and a small snack or two which has helped reduce the crazy random upset stomach problems I've been having the past few months. Like you I was getting a really weird sick feeling before and even after meals but this change + drinking way more water has been a big improvement. I also noticed we have similar starting and goal weights so good luck with your progress!

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been seeing OMAD mentioned a lot lately. It's starting to look like something I can do, once I figure out a meal plan lol. I've started eating just two decent (~600 calorie) sized meals and a small snack or two which has helped reduce the crazy random upset stomach problems I've been having the past few months. Like you I was getting a really weird sick feeling before and even after meals but this change + drinking way more water has been a big improvement. I also noticed we have similar starting and goal weights so good luck with your progress!
OMAD is great because you get to just plan a single, big meal :) I'll also add in things like dessert/"appetizer" if my main meal is not caloric enough, so I'll chomp on some pringles beforehand and have a scoop of pistachio ice cream after. It keeps me relatively happy. But given all this, I am quickly coming up on my usual "plateau", around 173ish. I think 173 was the lowest I got last time, and once I get into the low 170s I think I'll start having to be more restrictive/disciplined to make sure I keep up my weight loss.

I have found that with making any major dietary change, whether it be what I eat or when I eat, my stomach also gets upset/grumpy for the first few days to week, then it stabilizes. I just take the extra bowel movements as bonus weight loss the first week :P Perhaps TMI, but there you have it.

Cheers!

Oct 25, 2017
There is a sort of online town hall discussion being hosted by Dr. Tro Kalayjian. It may be a little low carb slanted, but even if you are not low carb you could probably benefit from learning a couple things. This Dr. is awesome, very smart and relays information very well. He is a practicing doctor, treats many patients for weight loss using different approaches (not necessarily low carb). I may watch it even though I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on the topics being covered. Could be a good refresher course.

Starts at 5:30pm Eastern (link to join here)

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board...

Topics of the meeting will include:
  • Appetite
  • Satiety
  • Low carb
  • Intermittent Fasting
  • Time Restricted Feeding
  • Alternate Day Fasting
  • Stress
  • Binge eating
  • Diabetes
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Hypertension
  • Obesity
  • And more…

More info: https://www.doctortro.com/online-to...b-manage-stress-during-these-difficult-times/

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Alright, so I have a quick weigh in update. As of today, I'm at:

That's down 6.6 from March 20th. Definitely had a big week doing 40 yard dashes with my kids for the Run Rich Run stuff. I'm sure that was quite a show for the people walking the park path and the ones in the houses that line the park.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
224.5 this morning! 10 straight days eating right and working out. I haven't stopped eating "what I want" but have instead focused on portion control.

We have movie night with the kids every week and always eat pizza. Normally, I'd eat a whole pizza + bread sticks and so on. Now: 3 slices, that's it. Feeling great!

I've basically forgone any desserts, too, out of a matter of course. It's just not worth it. I'd rather be under 200 than eating shit every night.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
quick update, I managed to do OMAD for a substantial amount of time (6 days), but I kinda ended up botching 2 days and fucking up. Weight is now 222.4, and I'd really like to get to 220, by the end of next week.

I'm going to set my next goal for OMAD be to do it for 10 days. I still have days where I kinda feel off, but I think for the most part, I've adapted to it pretty well. I've started doing waist measurements as well, and about 3 weeks ago I want to say, I was 44, and now I'm 41.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
quick update, I managed to do OMAD for a substantial amount of time (6 days), but I kinda ended up botching 2 days and fucking up. Weight is now 222.4, and I'd really like to get to 220, by the end of next week.

I'm going to set my next goal for OMAD be to do it for 10 days. I still have days where I kinda feel off, but I think for the most part, I've adapted to it pretty well. I've started doing waist measurements as well, and about 3 weeks ago I want to say, I was 44, and now I'm 41.

Congrats, man! Stick with it!

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
171.4 today. Also the end of a 72h fast so might go up 1-2lbs tomorrow, but still feels good :)

Lowest I've been in 6+ years.

Happy to hear it, congrats! I attribute a huge portion of my weight loss/increased discipline to OMAD. Just don't be too hard on yourself, it's very hard at first, but worth the commitment.