• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've listened to Weezer for years now (for better or worse) but I never gave Pinkerton a chance. The only track I ever really knew was El Scorcho off Rock Band and I never really liked that song but the internet convinced me to give it a chance.

And holy shit this might be one of my favorite albums of all time.

It's such a weird, awkward album that gets super uncomfortable at points but it's also so relatable in its content. Like I've been there at points as well and Rivers really captures those feelings to a tee. Like on one hand this feels like this shouldn't have been made and you can see why Weezer would eventually come to disown the album later on. But on the other hand it just feels cathartic to listen too. And rhythmically it's perfect. The instrumentation is spot on in how it feels. If there's a comparison its almost like The Pillows where just the instruments alone convey the feeling of emotional angst, disillusionment and uncertainty.

I'm surprised Weezer can not only be this good but to me, it's behind In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and Loveless for the best rock album of the 90s.

Some favorites:

But really you should listen to the entire album.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've listened to Weezer for years now (for better or worse) but I never gave Pinkerton a chance. The only track I ever really knew was El Scorcho off Rock Band and I never really liked that song but the internet convinced me to give it a chance.

And holy shit this might be one of my favorite albums of all time.

It's such a weird, awkward album that gets super uncomfortable at points but it's also so relatable in its content. Like I've been there at points as well and Rivers really captures those feelings to a tee. Like on one hand this feels like this shouldn't have been made and you can see why Weezer would eventually come to disown the album later on. But on the other hand it just feels cathartic to listen too. And rhythmically it's perfect. The instrumentation is spot on in how it feels. If there's a comparison its almost like The Pillows where just the instruments alone convey the feeling of emotional angst, disillusionment and uncertainty.

I'm surprised Weezer can not only be this good but to me, it's behind In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and Loveless for the best rock album of the 90s.

Some favorites:

But really you should listen to the entire album.

It's their masterpiece. It's musically daring, achingly personal, and blunt in its honesty.

Across the Sea's operatic, restless, key-shifting guitar solo might be one of the most underrated moments in Weezer's catalog.

Deleted member 4179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, the internet says it's not okay to like this in 2018 because it has a 25 year old man thinking about an 18 year old woman touching herself.

rgibbo36

Oct 27, 2017
I first listened to Pinkerton in early 2015, and I didn't really understand why a ton of people called it their best work. I listened to it again maybe a week later, and I still didn't get it. I enjoyed songs like Tired of Sex and The Good Life, but I didn't really care for any of the other songs. Later that year, I decided to give it another try and it just clicked with me. It's definitely a top ten favorite record of mine now.

Deleted member 19813

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely love this album, but the world Weezer has turned and left me here... wishing they would have never released anything after it.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've probably not listened to in about 10-15 years, but I did love it. It was easily my fav they put out. It'll be fun to listen to it again. Next time i'm running errands I will.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've probably not listened to in about 10-15 years, but I did love it. It was easily my fav they put out. It'll be fun to listen to it again. Next time i'm running errands I will.

It holds up. The emotions are raw and the lyrics are naked enough that they've only gotten better with time.