• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Man audiences have really shown their disdain for period pieces, and then there is the Northman

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, is the bad guys supposed to be good? The previews didn't sell it for me

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, Hey Guys

Maybe go watch The Bad Guys? It's pretty good. Fun Heist Film, Looks absolutely amazing as well.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If you want Dreamworks to be more than just a Boss Baby making machine. Maybe watch some of their other stuff when it comes out and is good?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The Bad Guys deserves substantially more than that.

As a piece of animation, it's the biggest leap forward for big-budget CGI since Spider-Verse.

Hey, Hey Guys

Maybe go watch The Bad Guys? It's pretty good. Fun Heist Film, Looks absolutely amazing as well.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If you want Dreamworks to be more than just a Boss Baby making machine. Maybe watch some of their other stuff when it comes out and is good?

If the OT can barely get any posts, I have low hopes for this.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, is the bad guys supposed to be good? The previews didn't sell it for me
RT score is good, but if you actually look at the reviews not many of them are terribly glowing, especially for how it plays to adults. There's a lot of "It's decent enough, a fun diversion for kids and watchable for parents"

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Hoping to catch the Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent if I can find it playing anywhere.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
My partner and I are debating on whether to see Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent or The Northman this weekend. It'll probably come down to availability I'm guessing.

Oct 30, 2017
I checked my local theaters for The Northman and they're releasing it this Friday with only 3 showtimes.

Studio set this movie up to fail. Fucking shame. Go back to A24 and make the movies you want, Eggers.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Just 8-12 million for The Northman? Damn.
I know. Period epic is my favourite genre. Sad to see the state of it...but also if the BO numbers and my personal preference is any indication, they may be better off on streamers or waiting until the pandemic is truly over.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if the lack of buzz for Bad Guys meant it wasn't good, good to hear it is good after all. I'll watch it this weekend.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Poor Northman. Great film. I guess it is just too weird for the mass market!

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Between Northman and The Duel, if you want a period piece you going to have to Bridgington that shit

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just came back of the cinema after watching The Northman, and I'm so happy it exists. I don't even know if I like it or not, but man I'm so happy it exists. It's crazy.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I actually do want Sonic to pull off some impressive staying power (outside of Doctor Strange), but I will be contributing by seeing The Bad Guys tonight and Massive Talent this weekend. Hopefully the Northman soon after.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So I guess Robert Eggers is going back to indies?

But I guess he would anyway, as he said the editing was a torture

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Its been a minute since Ive seen a movie in theaters but, I really want to see Massive Talent

less

Oct 25, 2017
Damn att the low predictions for The Northman. A real shame. Not sure if Eggers will have such a big budget thrown his way anytime soon.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive been seeing gifs of The Bad Guys pop up on twitter and the animation quality seems fantastic, gives me vibes of Hotel Transylvania Genndy work, very classic cartoon energy

Nov 5, 2017
What makes you say that? I haven't seen the film so I can't comment on its quality but everything is going to get obliterated by Doctor Strange in two weeks.
Just a gut feeling, really. Both of Eggers' previous films are certified cult classics and feels like this one could break through to mainstream audiences. Not saying it'll stand up to Doctor Strange 2 at the box office, but think it'll do solid numbers.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Just got out of The Bad Guys. I loved it! The story is pretty conventional and for the most part a little middling, but I think the style, the animation, and the cast REALLY elevates the whole thing. It's super fun, and you can see where there's likely some overlap in where this and Turning Red drew some inspiration as far as anime goes. There were a lot of Lupin vibes as well, particularly the Part 1-2 era and opening of Castle of Cagliostro. Gorgeous movie, can't wait to own it and be able to freeze frame and step through some of the movement. Snake in particular is really cool to see when you think of how far the rigs and tech have advanced since Viper and Lord Shen's tail feathers in the Kung-Fu Panda movies.

Some part of this visually made me think of how a 3D Steven Universe movie could have been super gorgeous and cool, and I'd love to see some of this flair if they ever end up returning to the Kung-Fu Panda franchise.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I've got my fingers crossed Northman and Massive Talent hang on near me for awhile. I've got 2-3 weeks going forward where there's just not going to be time to get out and see them.

At least I did get to Everything Everywhere last week.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
c1b.gif

Wonder how big of a drop FB3 will manage?

Fuck JK Rowling.

Man this is pretty surprising that Sonic will overtake the weakened. Doctor Strange could slow its momentum in two weeks, but right now I'm definitely impressed how Sonic is preforming.

Assuming I have nothing to do this weekend, might check out the Bad Guys.