• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
www.cnn.com

Monster ratings for Las Vegas debate break record for Democratic Party

An average of nearly 20 million viewers tuned into Wednesday night's Democratic primary debate hosted by NBC in Las Vegas, making it the most-watched Democratic primary debate of all time, according to preliminary numbers.

Nearly 20 million viewers tuned into Wednesday night's Democratic primary debate hosted by NBC in Las Vegas, making it the most-watched Democratic primary debate of all time, according to preliminary numbers.
The early figures from Nielsen Media Research, a firm that measures the size of television audiences, indicated that approximately 19.7 million people watched the debate on NBC and MSNBC combined.

Until Wednesday night, the most-watched Democratic primary debate ever had been one that occurred in June 2019, when approximately 18.1 million combined viewers watched the second night of a two-part debate series on NBC, MSNBC, and Telemundo.
The most-watched primary debate of all time still belongs to the 2015 Republican presidential debate in Ohio, for which approximately 24 million people tuned into Fox News. That debate was the first of the 2016 Republican GOP primaries, and featured then-candidate Donald Trump on the debate stage for the first time ever.

TLDR: 19.7 million people watched last night. The first 2015 Republican Primary Debate is still the most watched primary debate by about 5 million BUT this is already up 1.6 million from previous record holder, which occurred in June last year. Is it just because of Bloomberg's first time out? Or are these debates gaining interest? Who can say. But very impressive numbers all around.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
That means 19.7 million folks saw Bloomberg get dunked on repeatedly. That's GREAT news!

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Bloomberg getting his own grave in front of nearly 20 million eyes is awesome

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I think this shows that people are tuning back in after the primary dragged on so long last year. Hopefully they stay engaged moving forward.

Oct 25, 2017
20 million people watched Mike spend a third of a billion dollars to get gangbanged on national television. That is poetic.

Bernie and Warren did particularly well I feel last night (as did Biden to an extent, surprisingly), so last night was very good for the progressive coalition.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It must be horrific to think of the scale of millions of people watching Bloomberg getting that work.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg: "Well it wasn't great but no one watches these things anyways right?"

Staffer: "Sir, its the most viewed democratic debate of all time."

Bloomberg:

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it means the beginning of the end of Bloomburg's run, and more support for Warren.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I know I watched specifically to see Bloomberg decimated. Hopefully this makes an impression on a lot of people who were leaning his way purely based on name recognition!

OP
OP
Video Games Are Dumb
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Probably nothing. The only thing I could think of is just a joke he told to them. That's probably it. Probably nothing else. It's an agreement between two parties and I think we should leave it between them...

😓

I feel ya. Sometime me and the gang will go out, have a couple laughs, legally agree to never discuss any details of our conversations or activities under penalty of lawsuit.. Just a Friday night.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with the general sentiment. a bunch of folks tuned in to watch the nominees collectively stomp the weakest link into the mud. Even Biden, who shares many of the same weaknesses as Bloomberg, got that man outta there.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
20 million people witnessed Bloomberg get #9 hammered by Warren.

RemoteFavoriteFreshwatereel-size_restricted.gif

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
As excellent as watching Bloombergs public immolation was, I'm almost kind of sad that it seems to be overshadowing the other entertainment highpoint of the evening; watching Buttigieg and Klobuchar go at it like rabid weasels.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this shows that people are tuning back in after the primary dragged on so long last year. Hopefully they stay engaged moving forward.
This happens every time. Many, many people don't get engaged until way closer to the actual election date. It's a fluid year where Klobuchar picked up +15% off a good debate performance prior to NH.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If there was ever a night for Warren to bring the heat it was last night.

Deleted member 12379

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
loved it. warren did her thing. people everywhere got to see what a pos bloomberg is and how out of touch billionaires are.

maybe they didn't like the joke I told

when he said that shit I was like wtf

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Is.....Could.......Bloomberg be Putin's man on the left? Nah..... That would be a conspiracy theory, right? Wouldn't it? He just seems so........No, I dont want to believe it.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Warren had fire in her belly which was great to see. Let's hope those 20 million views translate to Bloomy getting squashed in polls.

That slap fight between Amy and Pete gave me second hand embarrassment. This is the party meant to beat Trump and we're running candidates like this.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is.....Could.......Bloomberg be Putin's man on the left? Nah..... That would be a conspiracy theory, right? Wouldn't it? He just seems so........No, I dont want to believe it.
Bloomberg's ads have deliberately been 80% anti-Trump/GOP, 20% pro-Bloomberg/Dems in General. It's not a similar situation at all.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was def the best episode of the season so far. Hoping for a good finale.

still don't know if I stan bernie or warren

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg is trying to let Trump win seriously, if he can't win it he'll try To destroy everything

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Bloomberg's ads have deliberately been 80% anti-Trump/GOP, 20% pro-Bloomberg/Dems in General. It's not a similar situation at all.
He's an ageing billionaire with a habit of saying racist/sexist stuff, and he's wading through the political process like a bull in a china shop, while pumping fuck tons of money into lying and posting highly edited and misleading propaganda on social media. If Putin were to have another horse in this race, he'd need a "Democrat".

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's great news and hopefully translates to very high voter turnout to dump trump.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
My gf and I missed the first hour but even the second half was loaded with haymakers. I almost felt bad for Mayor Bloomberg with how everyone was piling on.

Paraphrasing one of the moderators here, "Everyone on this stage seems to hate your guts, and Bernie Sanders has argued that billionaires are a moral crime, tell us Mr. Mayor, should you even be alive right now?"

He totally deserved it for buying his way into the primary and having zero answers for his sketchy NDAs and previous support of NY Republicans and Stop & Frisk.

I think the ratings are a combination of Bernie surge, people wondering how Warren/Biden would respond to soft numbers in the first few states, and curiosity over how the most advertised man in America would fare in a debate.

Pete completely undressing Klob was an unexpected highlight. If anything, he's shrewd. If he doesn't win the nomination he's got a Senate seat or a governorship in his future.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's an ageing billionaire with a habit of saying racist/sexist stuff, and he's wading through the political process like a bull in a china shop, while pumping fuck tons of money into lying and posting highly edited and misleading propaganda on social media. If Putin were to have another horse in this race, he'd need a "Democrat".
The vast majority of that has been aimed at Trump and vulnerable GOP Senators. His battle plan has been "Goal 1: Beat Trump, Goal 2: See if I can get the nomination". He's promised campaign staffers employment through the convention or election regardless if he wins the nom and a third party run would be very strange given his campaign messaging and decisions as a donor thus far. Bloomberg is super shitty on a whole host of things that disqualify him personally as a standard bearer, but his climate/gun control stances are genuinely pretty far left. It's not like we've had rich people with more money than we know what to do with run before and make an impact- look at Ross Perot.

Putin wouldn't be backing a charisma-less void of a candidate like Bloomberg who didn't need any help to run their own campaign, he'd back someone who would play into conspiracy crap and getting voters to not participate. And, well, there's already a "Democrat" who fits that bill. (And no, I don't mean Bernie.)

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I love Warren but I'm not particularly happy she's done well. It's gotta be Bernie, at this point; her doing well will steal momentum from him, I believe.

Goddamn we need ranked choice.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I love Warren but I'm not particularly happy she's done well. It's gotta be Bernie, at this point; her doing well will steal momentum from him, I believe.

Goddamn we need ranked choice.

I think the last two states indicate the progressive movement has largely solidified behind Bernie. Warren is probably more likely to pick up wayward Pete/Klob voters at this point.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Good. People need to see Mike for the shitheel he is. I hope his poll numbers crater after this.