• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Not sure this is really necessary, but if you missed the Fathom Events version, you have one more chance...

Weathering With You is the latest film from Japanese filmmaker & artist, Makoto Shinkai, best known for directing Your Name, the highest-grossing anime film of all time at the time of release. Experience Weathering With You, in select IMAX theatres, for one week only, [starting] January 31, 2020.

Scream "McDonald's!" if old.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
it's a gorgeous looking film that's worth seeing in theaters just for the visuals alone. i thought the story was pretty meh though.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems very few and far between. Distribution of this was pretty garbage over here, with only the Fathom event weekday getting any range.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Tonally weird and notably worse than Your Name, but hoo damn those visuals. And in IMAX? Whew.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
It was alright. The story was cringe but the visuals were fantastic.
Just could not get into the characters which made the developments at the end laughable. I appreciate the bold risks the film took but it ultimately was unfulfilling because the relationship between the two leads is no existent. Third act is a farce and funny for all the wrong reasons.

Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaaand now a single screening in my area, and here I was so ready to go rewatch it.

Man, the screening distribution for this film has been terrible.