• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wealth, skill or love, which one would you chose?

• Wealth

• Skill

• Love

• Refuse to aswer.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
So Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite ask you to chose the most beautiful among them and in exchange they offer the following:
  • Wealth: You get access to 10 billion USD after taxes to do as you please.
  • Skill: You get instant mastery of one skill or craft of your choosing. You can become a violin virtuoso, a Nobel prize tier Scientist or writer, Lebron James tier basketball player, etc.
  • Love: Aphrodite will match you will your perfect life partner. He or she will be hot, intellectually fulfilling and compatible with your life goals. He or she is guaranteed to fall for you and the relationship will last a life time.
So, which one would you chose? And if you chose skill, which one would it be?

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I think love on that level would lead to the most fulfilling life of the three

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wealth is the only logical option for me. I've already got a wonderful significant other, and I'm happy with the skills I have. Wealth would allow me to pursue the rest of my dreams with no issue.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Wealth, don't need skill if you're stupid rich, gives you time to find love as well.

Money is OP in our world.

Dec 11, 2017
Skill seems to be the least selfish answer. You could potentially improve human society and actually solve problems much better than donating billions to charity.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Wealth is OP in this world for getting things done compared to the other two

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Love.

Dating sucks. Being alone sucks. Getting rejected sucks. I can make enough money to get by (especially DINK), my skills are good enough, but in the domain of love I've found only failure, anxiety and pain.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
no to wealth due to its corrupting influence. no to love since being with a partner that perfect would weird me out tbh.

mastering a skill would be more satisfying to the soul imo.

I'd say skill, but would I be happy with it knowing that it was handed to me on a platter?

true, honestly just getting any of these instantly kinda takes the wind out of the sails huh?

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
As much as I want to choose love, I feel like having it guaranteed undermines it. So, skill I guess. With skill, I'll have decent (sufficient) amount of wealth. Having skill still means I have to work and exercise it in the form of my choosing. I don't want to sit on my bum all day with money, lol.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Skill will help me generate wealth the way i want and find love.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Wealth, easily. As I could help so many people and do so many good things for others with that $10b.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Wealth or skill.

Wealth would allow me to put a lot of effort in to becoming very skillful at something by buying the best possible aids to do so. Personal tutors and trainers, access to all the top equipment, etc...

Skill would allow me to become, say, an incredibly famous musician and make a lot of money. Or a star athlete and do the same.

So, ultimately, it would be possible to achieve both /in part/ with each choice. Obviously, you wouldn't get AS skilled by choosing wealth, and probably never AS rich by choosing skill, but you could achieve both wealth and skill with either.

However... I think wealth would have to be the one. The amount of good you could do instantly with 10 billion dollars would be insane. Plus, for me, development of a skill itself is a large part of the value. The enjoyment of progressing is hard to put into words with how satisfying and rewarding it is.

So, wealth.

I wouldn't choose love like this, not just because I would always know it was only there because of the choice I made, but also because the other two could lead to me actually using what I have to do so much good.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
skill, probably. i don't care much about being wealthy and i'm hopeful that i'll find love.

i really just want to be skilled.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Picking one doesn't mean I get screwed on the others right?

In that case give me skill. 10 billion dollars is obscene money, lemme be successful using a great skill or die trying.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Love. I'm a lonely piece of shit. Also, wealth doesn't interest me, and skill wouldn't feel gratifying if I didn't develop it on my own.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I chose skill without really thinking about it, but looking at the answers again the answer is obviously wealth. I'd want the skill to make the money and have a fulfilling life because the biggest source of my personal depression is inadequacy and lack of self esteem which comes from me being unskilled at seemingly everything I do. But with enough money I could basically bury those thoughts lol. And even if I'm the best at ANYTHING, I'm still extremely unlikely to make 10 billion. With 10 billion I could literally save the world multiple times and still have enough money left over for my dream life of playing video games all day in a degenerate little house.

Definitely not love. Having the perfect life partner would be nice, but it wouldn't be as life changing as either of those. Plus I'm still not sure if I even want to spend the rest of my life with someone else, I might prefer to just be alone.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
wealthy.

Skill affects only me and I then would need to put that skill to work for an undetermined amount of time to have it pay dividends.

That kind of wealth would give me the immediate opportunity to take care of all of my loved ones and a whole lot more.

Already have a fiancé so love isn't an option needed.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Money. I could do so much cool shit with 10billion.

Like. I can't even comprehend 10billion. I can't even comprehend 1billion. You offering me 10? Excuse me while I go backpack in every country on every continent whilst giving enough money to family so they never have to worry again. Through an appropriate financial advisor of course.

All the way until my untimely death on my unsuccessful solo trek through Antarctica, only to leave my money behind to Elephant and Rhino sanctuaries.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I already have skill and I'll probably have wealth eventually, so I'm just gonna go with love.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
money has no clause to it that says that I won't be arrested after being investigated for the money just appearing, nor does it say that it doesn't happen by everyone that makes less than 50k a year suddenly losing a few thousand from their funds to support my bank account.
I already have love in my life.
so def skill as I can turn that skill into legit wealth without worrying about someone trying to figure out where I got 10 billion from. Plus with writing skill I could write a story that's been in my head far too long :P Not that the skill grantees me any money, as even with great skill that doesn't mean you can get the right person to notice you.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wealth. With 10 bill you could hire the most skilled people in the world to work for you and do whatever is that you needed that skill for. Also you with that amount of money you could adopt and help as many kids and puppies as possible and they would love you for ever. Oh and yes you'll also will get any woman/man you like if you're at least a decent looking and normal human being.

Grenouille

Nov 26, 2017
I saw a video in which David Bowie says his long marriage is more important to him and more fulfilling than his career (paraphrasing here). His career was long, successful, diverse. That made clearer for me that love is probably one good thing that anybody, in any social class, can have, something that can make you happier in the long term than being a rockstar (which is seen as the epitome of a great and exclusive life), I guess.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take Wealth.

With 10billion, I don't need to have skills, I can pay to have the highest skilled pros privately tutor me. And the love option I'd prefer to handle that on my own.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
My heart says love. My mind says wealth.

With that kind of money, I could help to make some people's lives better. I would never have to work again, and neither would my family and friends.

So, wealth.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I mean, is it really love if this new lifeform is conjured out of thin air with the express purpose of "loving you"? That shit gets weird really fast. It's like having an advanced AI that's programmed to love you.

It also doesn't seem terribly fulfilling to weirdly automatically know how to do something well.

Basically what I'm saying is I'll take the money, please.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Wealth.

I hadn't really thought about it before, but the skill choice has almost 0 appeal to me. Learning and developing the skill is the rewarding and fun part I guess.

The love choice seems potentially nightmarish. In fact I think I've read a short story or seen a twilight zone episode about how this exact thing goes bad.

Last edited:

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Pretty easy, that. Wealth, for me. Could pay off every bit of debt for everyone I know, look after everybody I care about, myself included, give a shit tonne away to help others, and not have to work another day in my life.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably do skill. I'd have to think about what I want to be skillful in because depending on what you want, it could be expansive in it's utility.

I'd say skill, but would I be happy with it knowing that it was handed to me on a platter?
For me, depends on what the skill requires. If it's an art, I'd view the process as therapeutic more than anything. And being able to create something beautiful while trusting your ability to do it would be nice.