• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
We are pretty certain my 13 year old cousin is having some type of sexual relationship with an 18 year old. I'll give you the jist.

Shes only 13 and her older sister is 14, their mum is not what i would say a good mother and their dad lives in Canada , he comes to see them maybe once a year. But she hates her dad and pretty much blames him for their mums mental health problems which is a hole other story. When my cousin started going to secondary school (6th Grade) she started getting back home very late and would hurl abuse at her mum if she questioned her , and ever since she got an IPhone 7 from her dad shes been acting very strange .. her behaviour has switched completely and shes started messaging boys whom at the time we thought where in her age group.

Over the weekend she came over to stay at our house with my younger sister and other cousins and have a "girls night" , when i was dropping her off home i overheard a very strange conversation.

Cousin: " Hey baby where are you right now"
Person over the phone: " Just driving to my brothers"

Then it hit me .. Just driving

How old is this person , because in the UK you need to be 17 to get your provisional driving license. So i get back to her house and my aunt is clearly drunk watching TV and my other cousin ( her older sister) is doing her homework. I take a peek at her phone and take some pictures of her snapchat conversations and text messages and place the phone back in its place. I get back home and show my older sister and other cousins the messages. We quickly deduce that shes either already had sex with this person or they plan to as their messages talk about going "gentle next time" and they are planning what to do for valentines day next year. But these are all snapchat messages so their no number.

But one message that was sent to her as a text asks her to call him on his other number , and not to messages the number his sending it from. So we call the number and a lady picks up the phone. Its his teacher who teaches at a local college , and she admits that she lets her students use her phone to send messages when they run out of credit. She then tells us that the "boys" that use her phone are all 17 and 18 and the person that is messaging my cousin is 18 for sure. We tell her to call us first thing in the morning because we still dont know what to do. My cousin will not listen to anyone anymore shes gotten out of hand. We are thinking about going to the police but we dont want to get my aunt into trouble. So we want to have a conversation with the person shes been meeting after school and messaging instead.

Oct 27, 2017
What a mess.

The teacher sounds suspicious. May not have been a teacher at all. Who can say. If she was she should be concerned she might have incriminating evidence on her phone or that it is being used in a crime.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Maybe you should still consider the police. It doesn't seem like the aunt will be of any help and you really need to think about the girl here.

OP
OP
Thunder

Thunder

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
The teacher sounds suspicious. May not have been a teacher at all. Who can say. If she was she should be concerned she might have incriminating evidence on her phone or that it is being used in a crime.

She realised over the phone how bad this can look on her end. But ill be honest we did not even get her name thats how confused we where when she picked up

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
You either talk to the girl (tell her you guys are going to the cops if she doesn't cooperate and that it will be much worse for her boyfriend) and try to deal with it yourselves.. Or you know, you go to the cops straight away.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to work in a factory. I had many conversations with women about their past. Some were strippers. One woman told me that she hooked up with a 30-something guy when she was 13 and had her parent's consent. What you describe sounds very much like stories I've heard over the years. Do what you gotta do.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Call the police. How would your aunt get in trouble for this? Your cousin is a victim. Only reason I could think of your aunt getting in trouble is if she's complicit. And if that's the case, she deserves to get in trouble.

Oct 27, 2017
She realised over the phone how bad this can look on her end. But ill be honest we did not even get her name thats how confused we where when she picked up

If this guy is using separate phone setups you have yourself a semi-pro. He was not expecting an unknown caller on that line when you called. That would be suspicious. I can't imagine a 17-18 year old who borrows his teachers phone would be doing that kind of stuff on it. That would give the teacher leverage. Most likely. If it is a real teacher they are involved or it not a teacher and it's his mom and they are complicit. Unless he has a great fake feminine voice and he pulled a fast one on you. There are a lot of possibilities.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Grooming" is creepy, but not really illegal. This sounds like it's probably more than that. Talk to your cousin, and be prepared to go to the police. Be ready for her to hate you for it too. Do the right thing regardless.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We are pretty certain my 13 year old cousin is having some type of sexual relationship with an 18 year old. I'll give you the jist.

Shes only 13 and her older sister is 14, their mum is not what i would say a good mother and their dad lives in Canada , he comes to see them maybe once a year. But she hates her dad and pretty much blames him for their mums mental health problems which is a hole other story. When my cousin started going to secondary school (6th Grade) she started getting back home very late and would hurl abuse at her mum if she questioned her , and ever since she got an IPhone 7 from her dad shes been acting very strange .. her behaviour has switched completely and shes started messaging boys whom at the time we thought where in her age group.

Over the weekend she came over to stay at our house with my younger sister and other cousins and have a "girls night" , when i was dropping her off home i overheard a very strange conversation.

Cousin: " Hey baby where are you right now"
Person over the phone: " Just driving to my brothers"

Then it hit me .. Just driving

How old is this person , because in the UK you need to be 17 to get your provisional driving license. So i get back to her house and my aunt is clearly drunk watching TV and my other cousin ( her older sister) is doing her homework. I take a peek at her phone and take some pictures of her snapchat conversations and text messages and place the phone back in its place. I get back home and show my older sister and other cousins the messages. We quickly deduce that shes either already had sex with this person or they plan to as their messages talk about going "gentle next time" and they are planning what to do for valentines day next year. But these are all snapchat messages so their no number.

But one message that was sent to her as a text asks her to call him on his other number , and not to messages the number his sending it from. So we call the number and a lady picks up the phone. Its his teacher who teaches at a local college , and she admits that she lets her students use her phone to send messages when they run out of credit. She then tells us that the "boys" that use her phone are all 17 and 18 and the person that is messaging my cousin is 18 for sure. We tell her to call us first thing in the morning because we still dont know what to do. My cousin will not listen to anyone anymore shes gotten out of hand. We are thinking about going to the police but we dont want to get my aunt into trouble. So we want to have a conversation with the person shes been meeting after school and messaging instead.

You are not trained or qualified to handle a situation like this. Go to the police and get professionals involved. You suspect she is getting raped or molested and you're only "thinking" about going to the cops? Please stop now, give all your information to the police and let trained professionals handle this.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This is a "Go to a doctor" or "Talk to your wife" situation taken to the absolute extreme. You absolutely need to go to the police.

OP
OP
Thunder

Thunder

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Call the police. How would your aunt get in trouble for this? Your cousin is a victim. Only reason I could think of your aunt getting in trouble is if she's complicit. And if that's the case, she deserves to get in trouble.
"Grooming" is creepy, but not really illegal. This sounds like it's probably more than that. Talk to your cousin, and be prepared to go to the police. Be ready for her to hate you for it too. Do the right thing regardless.
100% get the police involved.
You need to go to the police

Its the best path , theres no need to deal with the "Teacher" and what not when the police can.

No one in my family has ever come across this situation before , from what we can tell shes known them since she was 12

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
It appears that the OP is now resolved to (correctly) take this matter to the police. Now that they have received good advice we are locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.