• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

snail_maze

Oct 27, 2017
How does pricing on the EGS compare to steam and other PC storefronts?

I can't imagine it being any different as pricing is set by the publishers and often to match the pricing of the same games on other platforms such as consoles.

If pricing isn't meaningfully different, what part of games being on EGS exclusively for a while is bad for consumers?

They don't get to choose which launcher they use, limiting choice in that area, but I hardly see that as a significant downside.
Pricing isn't set by publishers, at least only to a degree. Stores are free to offer their own discounts as Epic has done themselves (which caused some pubs to temporarily pull their games off the store).
If the sales are better or not remains to be seen but there is no competition between storefronts when it comes to EGS games.

So if an indie developer releases elsewhere, they're locked out of the EGS? That sounds... surprising. Are you sure that's true?

Would be an utterly bizarre thing for Epic to do.
That is the current policy, they only want small/mid games on their store if they are exclusives.
When/if the EGS opens up more then that will prob change but who knows when that will be

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
So if an indie developer releases elsewhere, they're locked out of the EGS? That sounds... surprising. Are you sure that's true?

It doesn't really make sense for Epic to money hat a game then let it immediately be available elsewhere. Sales of the game on EGS go to paying back for the money hat. If everyone is buying in Steam, Epic doesn't get their money back.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
No Canadian currency, for one.

Rarely any sales either. They said they wouldn't do sales like on Steam. Until they did. So who even knows.

I can't imagine it being any different as pricing is set by the publishers and often to match the pricing of the same games on other platforms such as consoles.

If pricing isn't meaningfully different, what part of games being on EGS exclusively for a while is bad for consumers?

They don't get to choose which launcher they use, limiting choice in that area, but I hardly see that as a significant downside.
Siiiiigh it's more than a launcher, as has been said over and over again in these threads. No cloud saves, no family sharing, no universal controller support, no Linux support, no forums for tech support...
I literally couldn't play Subnautica since it won't support the DS4. Good thing it was free. And if I played a long-ass RPG and my PC crashes and I lose my save file, whoops, nothing.

It's true. Epic refuses to sell games non-exclusively, except for big names like Cyberpunk and Vampire the Masquerade 2.

It doesn't really make sense for Epic to money hat a game then let it immediately be available elsewhere. Sales of the game on EGS go to paying back for the money hat. If everyone is buying in Steam, Epic doesn't get their money back.
It's not even just that though; they won't even allow a game to be sold on their store even without any moneyhatting. Check what happened to the DARQ devs in the link I posted above. They were offered a deal, they turned it down, and Epic refuses to sell it on their store period.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Don't hate the players, hate the game. Some incredibly wealthy people aren't bad. Amazon dude's wife seem ok, and Oprah? Bill Gates maybe? If you see someone getting beat up, or in trouble and you can help, do so if you can. One day someone may wonder if you are rich enough to not need help.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by their skin color, but by their Character." Judge them by their character not wealth.

The way people handle wealth is a great insight into someone's character and is certainly nothing like a fucking skin color.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're happy with how the game is performing because Epic literally gave them a sales guarantee as part of the deal. Even if the game didn't perform well, they'd still have sold a lot of copies. It's just that Epic would've bought them.

It's the whole reason the deal that Epic is proposing to devs is so scummy.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
They're happy with how the game is performing because Epic literally gave them a sales guarantee as part of the deal. Even if the game didn't perform well, they'd still have sold a lot of copies. It's just that Epic would've bought them.

It's the whole reason the deal that Epic is proposing to devs is so scummy.

How is Epic guaranteeing a number of sales 'scummy'? There's a lot to criticize Epic for, but I don't see how that is one.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018

Stores will take a smaller share of the final price in an attempt to get customers. This is what happens when multiple storefronts compete for the same customers. This is what happens when Steam keys are generated (for free, with 0% going to Valve) and sold through other authorized resellers. They take less than 30% in an attempt to get people to buy from them rather than Steam directly.

Tim Sweeney's argument is that prices would be lower on EGS because their share is lower. However, since they are the only store selling the game there is no incentive to reduce price. So, obviously, publishers are pocketing the difference of the revenue share, not passing it onto the consumers.

That is how choice being taken from us means higher prices in the end.

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is Epic guaranteeing a number of sales 'scummy'? There's a lot to criticize Epic for, but I don't see how that is one.

Because it leads to exactly this.

"Oh yes, our game did really well on the EGS. Many copies sold yes yes"

While conveniently leaving out that Epic potentially bought those copies. It's very misleading.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Stores will take a smaller share of the final price in an attempt to get customers. This is what happens when multiple storefronts compete for the same customers. This is what happens when Steam keys are generated (for free, with 0% going to Valve) and sold through other authorized resellers. They take less than 30% in an attempt to get people to buy from them rather than Steam directly.

Tim Sweeney's argument is that prices would be lower on EGS because their share is lower. However, since they are the only store selling the game there is no incentive to reduce price. So, obviously, publishers are pocketing the difference of the revenue share, not passing it onto the consumers.

That is how choice being taken from us means higher prices in the end.

Not to mention that there is a blatantly obvious contradiction between the pitch towards developers ("you'll make more money because of the lower cut") and the pitch towards customers ("you'll pay less because of the lower cut"). The truth is that Epic's strategy is hostile towards customers and is based on forcing them to use EGS instead of convincing them to. Tim Sweeney arrogantly assumed that he can herd customers like cattle to his store by eliminating every other option.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell else is this guy going to say lol? I don't believe him anyway.

There are many ways to show that he means it. For one, he could keep Metro Exodus as a permanent exclusive on EGS. If his claim about the game's sales is true and not a result of Epic themselves buying a big amount of copies in bulk, then why wouldn't you keep the game exclusive on EGS and benefit from that sweet 12% cut?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The way people handle wealth is a great insight into someone's character and is certainly nothing like a fucking skin color.
The reason I brought up the quote is I don't believe someone should be judged by what they have, how they look, how they dress, what car they ride in, you judge them on their actions or inaction. How they handle wealth is part of that, sure. Do they continue to try to mercilessly extract it from people, and grind employees to dust giving them less than a living wage all to make more money, or are they fair, giving, making sure people are taken care of, feel like they are being paid well, and not worked to the bone. You can't tell that type of stuff just by knowing they are wealthy and nothing else. Just like, but not equal to, being judged for the color of your skin. Having to adjust your behavior because people get uncomfortable, seeing a tall dark skinned male as a threat that's up to no good.

With ridiculous wealth some people are just lucky, and some people get it in horrible greedy ways. If you know how the people are you aren't judging them only based on how much money they have. "The richer someone is, the less they need to defending. No one's walking in here defending Jeff Bezos or whatever." I saw this post earlier in the thread and started to reply to it and just dropped it. Then I saw the discussion continue after. That's not a good way to think. I'm not even thinking about the Epic guy, he seems pretty bleh from his childish tweets and and says stupid stuff. But to think people need less help if they are rich just sounds like an excuse to treat someone differently based on something other than character. Having money isn't their character, there's so many ways to get lucky in this world, and the way things are set up it could be hard to lose it if you don't blow through it. That's why I mentioned "hate the game." Some people just benefit from the ways things are set up, while others are crushed by the same system.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ultimately, the test of whether there's a price for taking the moneyhats is going to be how well the game does once it hits Steam.

If folks do a MW2 and buy it anyway, then we're going to see more companies do it.

If folks have memories, if sales suffer, either due to boycott or review brigading, then we might see more companies be careful, or at least demand more from Epic to take the moneyhats. Given that nearly all the EGS exclusives are singleplayer games, there's more of a chance of these games getting crap sales on Steam.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Ultimately, the test of whether there's a price for taking the moneyhats is going to be how well the game does once it hits Steam.

If folks do a MW2 and buy it anyway, then we're going to see more companies do it.

If folks have memories, if sales suffer, either due to boycott or review brigading, then we might see more companies be careful, or at least demand more from Epic to take the moneyhats. Given that nearly all the EGS exclusives are singleplayer games, there's more of a chance of these games getting crap sales on Steam.

Conveniently, by the time games do release on Steam, EGS will have taken away a lot of potential sales because some people would have bought the game anyway. Even if a game sold half as much on EGS as it would on Steam, that's a lot less potential for people buying the game on Steam. I wouldn't put it past Tim to be banking on eating up enough potential Steam sales to eventually be able to say that games sell better on EGS, and disingenuously leaving out the part about locking games to their store for a one year headstart.

Also you might have missed the part about the MW2 "boycott" pic also being disingenuous because of the way people people are shown online in Steam groups.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
There are many ways to show that he means it. For one, he could keep Metro Exodus as a permanent exclusive on EGS. If his claim about the game's sales is true and not a result of Epic themselves buying a big amount of copies in bulk, then why wouldn't you keep the game exclusive on EGS and benefit from that sweet 12% cut?
You are right. The fact he mentions no sales whatsoever is pretty telling that the only success he really had was a fat sack of cash.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
The reason EGS threads are so frustrating is the amount of ignorance, wilful or otherwise, about the facts of the situation.

A discussion on the merits of a situation is interesting and healthy. The repeated re-hashing and re-explaining of the situation itself is not.

Please read this in a constructive tone:

All of this has been gone over, usually multiple times, in every thread on this topic.

The suppositions and assumptions you make are wrong. Not in a "I disagree" way, just simply factually incorrect. You are then forming your opinion based on incorrect assumptions, and asking why anyone else would come to a different conclusion.

Pricing is different between the EGS and Steam. Indies are locked out of the EGS unless they go exclusive. This is basic factual information that should be the basis for discussion, not something that has to be repeatedly explained.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Nothing intrinsically wrong with EGS or even paying for exclusives. It's just that the EGS platform is so barebones you the consumer have no reason to use it except when it's the only option.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing intrinsically wrong with EGS or even paying for exclusives. It's just that the EGS platform is so barebones you the consumer have no reason to use it except when it's the only option.

It's one of the reasons i prefer EGS. Steam is cluttered and just bombards you with 1000 different shit, i hate booting up that program and getting hit with that eye sore. EGS looks nice and compact, i hope they keep it up.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017

Not the numbers exactly. But 2.5 times more than Last Light seems pretty good.

It does, until you realize that it's just marketing phrasing. It's not very specific at all. Doesn't say how much Last Light sold, or mention that LL came out when Steam was less than half the size it is now. There was a big thread about the thing a while back. I think even Steam spy put Exodus at 250k+ copies owned on day 1 (the only day of availability on Steam). If it sold more than that on EGS, surely they would have said so by now.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
It does, until you realize that it's just marketing phrasing. It's not very specific at all. Doesn't say how much Last Light sold, or mention that LL came out when Steam was less than half the size it is now. There was a big thread about the thing a while back. I think even Steam spy put Exodus at 250k+ copies owned on day 1 (the only day of availability on Steam). If it sold more than that on EGS, surely they would have said so by now.

From Wikipedia:

Sales[edit]
Metro: Last Light was the best-selling retail video game in the UK in its week of release, but it failed to outpace the week one sales of 2033.[89] The first-week retail sales of the game in the US surpassed the lifetime retail sales of 2033.[90] It was the sixth best-selling retail game in the US in its month of release according to NPD Group.[91] While the exact sales of the game have not been revealed, Deep Silver announced that the Metro Redux collection sold more than 1.5 million copies.[92]

So yeah, not that specific.

Deleted member 4609

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Wikipedia:

Sales[edit]
Metro: Last Light was the best-selling retail video game in the UK in its week of release, but it failed to outpace the week one sales of 2033.[89] The first-week retail sales of the game in the US surpassed the lifetime retail sales of 2033.[90] It was the sixth best-selling retail game in the US in its month of release according to NPD Group.[91] While the exact sales of the game have not been revealed, Deep Silver announced that the Metro Redux collection sold more than 1.5 million copies.[92]

So yeah, not that specific.

Ah, yes, the UK and US retail markets, very relevant measures when talking about PC sales.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017

"I have no idea how things work on PC but let me tell you why the egs isn't so bad".
If people like you could just kindly inform themselves on the topic before posting drivel, or not post at all, talking about this topic would be so much easier.

Yes, pricing is set by publishers on Steam and the egs.
Yes, pricing is meaningfully different. How? Steam keys. For most games you can buy on Steam, you can buy them on over a dozen different stores, ranging from a dev or publishers own websites to lots of authorized sellers (yes, authorized and btw Steam takes the absolutely evil cut of 0% for sales from those keys). These stores compete with each other by offering discounts by foregoing part of their own cut, that's why you usually can find even new releases or preorders for sometimes -20% off.
There are barely any places that sell egs keys and even when they sell, they are treated differently than Steam keys (for example when you are a Humble Monthly subscriber you get -20% off all store purchases, except egs keys).

Indie developers are locked out of the egs.
The developer of DARQ (game that was in top 50 wishlists on Steam) was approached by epic days after they announced a release date. The developer politely declined and asked if they could be on the store non-exclusively. Epic said no.
This isn't the first occurence, but the latest and the one where the dev supported his claims with irrefutable evidence.

The reason EGS threads are so frustrating is the amount of ignorance, wilful or otherwise, about the facts of the situation.

A discussion on the merits of a situation is interesting and healthy. The repeated re-hashing and re-explaining of the situation itself is not.

Please read this in a constructive tone:

All of this has been gone over, usually multiple times, in every thread on this topic.

The suppositions and assumptions you make are wrong. Not in a "I disagree" way, just simply factually incorrect. You are then forming your opinion based on incorrect assumptions, and asking why anyone else would come to a different conclusion.

Pricing is different between the EGS and Steam. Indies are locked out of the EGS unless they go exclusive. This is basic factual information that should be the basis for discussion, not something that has to be repeatedly explained.
Basically what I wanted to say.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the reasons i prefer EGS. Steam is cluttered and just bombards you with 1000 different shit, i hate booting up that program and getting hit with that eye sore. EGS looks nice and compact, i hope they keep it up.
I'm not sure what the solution to this would be, on any store.

Maybe have a Basic Mode like my mom's phone, that hides intrusive things like Forums, Screen shots, Shopping Carts, etc...

Or maybe hide all games that are over a year old. That should help with discoverability for small indies and such who get lost in the crowd. Or maybe they could launch a tertiary Steam store, that deletes all of games every 2 years so that a handful of developers can be super-stars for a few months.

I'm just spit-balling here.

Deleted member 4609

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this game release in retail for PC? Or do you mean the market in PC is 100% digital?

Retail PC game sales outside of big mainstream exclusives like The Sims or World of Warcraft expansions have been negligible in many markets for years and years. They're in a better place in Eastern Europe, but platform splits for PC in the UK regularly came in at 1-3% around the time of Last Light's release, let alone now. The US doesn't even get most of these box+digital code+data DVD releases as far as I know.

VatticWave

Mar 2, 2018
I mean, Koch Media CEO wouldn't say they are looking forward to make more business with Epic if Metro Exodus didn't sell well on the EGS, so good for them. It's also good that they recognize it was a bad move to change to exclusivity just some weeks (or days?) prior to the launch date.

There are barely any places that sell egs keys and even when they sell, they are treated differently than Steam keys (for example when you are a Humble Monthly subscriber you get -20% off all store purchases, except egs keys).

Is it? For example, I can see a 9€ discount on Control (which is an EGS exclusive) at the Humble Store if you have a monthly suscription: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/control (I'm not sure if posting URLs is forbbiden, so pardon in advance).

When I see other games that come from Uplay or Steam in the very same Humble Store, such as Assasins Creed: Oddysey, the discount is exactly the same. Humble Monthly gives you "up to 20% discount". Maybe more games from Steam have higher discounts there, I don't know, but EGS also have discounts there.

Yeah, It is true that few stores sell EGS keys, which gives some commonly known consequences to price and avaliability of it's games with affordable prices. Nothing more to add in that aspect.

Last edited:

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
You must be blind if you think MS and Sony aren't competing with each other. Pretty much everything MS has done this gen is to in response to Sony.
Could you read my comment again. You are missing the point i'm making, I'll answer with 2 parts - one to your point and one why you are missing my point.

My point is that 2 companies while having competition can "harm" the costumer by decreasing the standards. The example is microsoft charged for online and sony followed the example. Sony choose to stop competing and decrease the quality of gaming for everyone. Applying my point to EGS: if EGS continues to buy exclusives and barely upgrading their client, valve can choose to do the same-> decrease the quality of the client as well as buying exclusives.

Your comment is precisely my problem; the competition between microsoft and sony is mostly how low they can get with it.
Example on how console manufactures are not competing for an acceptable standard:
  • Sony doesn't even allow to change PSN region.
  • neither allow for family sharing.
  • neither allow for controllers front their "opposition".
  • Both charge for online.
  • neither offer complete your game types of bundles.
  • No humble monthly subscription type of competition.
  • No xbox live/psn key stores.
  • consoles with subspar hardware (specially the lack of SSD).
  • No backwards compatibility (no exactly true now for microsoft but it was at the start of the gen).
  • Old equipment from their brands don't work on new consoles.
Now i can give you even more features that the PC ecosystem has due to more healthy competition going on. My point is that on console space the standards are really low despite the competition. As a costumer I receive an inferior product in console space when compared to PC ecosystem. So if you think i'm blind about sony competition maybe you should increase your standards and see that the competition between both is more about mind share that better service for costumers

Note: i do want to give credit for Microsoft for game pass and play anywhere features which truth be told are inovative and offer better service to costumer.

If this is a real question i'll give it an answer with examples.
Metro exodus is 6 months old and has barely been discounted in EGS.
FM20 is a pre-order and is 39% off (sale in 2game uk using their summersale coupon in case you want to confirm).

That is the price difference. In EGS there is whatever price EGS and discount they want. For the rest of PC storefronts due to all official steam cdkey stores (and the fact that valve takes 0% cut of keys) there is a lot of competition so the prices go down HARD.

However for example for me as a doctor i give very little importance to prices IF the rest of features between EGS and steam were the same. WHich they aren't!
For example i use daily:
  • BPM
  • steam controller
  • steam broadcast
  • family sharing
None of those exist on EGS. In a nutshell people that shop in EGS are paying at least 20% more for each game while needing to set up at least 4-8 new programs to do what steam already does. (if they use steam features).

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Is it? For example, I can see a 9€ discount on Control (which is an EGS exclusive) at the Humble Store if you have a monthly suscription: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/control (I'm not sure if posting URLs is forbbiden, so pardon in advance).

When I see other games that come from Uplay or Steam in the very same Humble Store, such as Assasins Creed: Oddysey, the discount is exactly the same. Humble Monthly gives you "up to 20% discount". Maybe more games from Steam have higher discounts there, I don't know, but EGS also have discounts there.

Yeah, It is true that few stores sell EGS keys, which gives some commonly known consequences to price and avaliability of it's games with affordable prices. Nothing more to add in that aspect.
I was basing that on people saying that the monthly discount didn't apply to the Borderlands 3 preorder, but perhaps I am wrong (not a subscriber this month, so I can't double check).
As you said though, it doesn't really change much of the argument.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I mean, Koch Media CEO wouldn't say they are looking forward to make more business with Epic if Metro Exodus didn't sell well on the EGS, so good for them. It's also good that they recognize it was a bad move to change to exclusivity just some weeks (or days?) prior to the launch date.

Sir/Ma'am. Comment on the beginning of the thread literally showing the data that the sales aren't happening like a steam title.
With due respect if you "don't know" why are you comenting without at least trying to inform yourself first?
I re-posted the comment below so you don't have to read the whole thread...

And I'm just sitting here laughing at people claiming it's just "a free game launcher". Because you're the kind of person in 2 years that'll be whining that they have to pay their games at full MSRP because 3rd party stores don't exist anymore or comply to a 12% cut which means they have little to no means to discount games on their margin.

I mean, we already see that happening:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Because of "just a free launcher", those two games that weren't exclusives before has seen their average price going at full MSRP when it was possible to get it on competing stores for 15 to even 20% off anytime.

Deleted member 36086

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Could you read my comment again. You are missing the point i'm making, I'll answer with 2 parts - one to your point and one why you are missing my point.

My point is that 2 companies while having competition can "harm" the costumer by decreasing the standards. The example is microsoft charged for online and sony followed the example. Sony choose to stop competing and decrease the quality of gaming for everyone. Applying my point to EGS: if EGS continues to buy exclusives and barely upgrading their client, valve can choose to do the same-> decrease the quality of the client as well as buying exclusives.

Your comment is precisely my problem; the competition between microsoft and sony is mostly how low they can get with it.
Example on how console manufactures are not competing for an acceptable standard:
  • Sony doesn't even allow to change PSN region.
  • neither allow for family sharing.
  • neither allow for controllers front their "opposition".
  • Both charge for online.
  • neither offer complete your game types of bundles.
  • No humble monthly subscription type of competition.
  • No xbox live/psn key stores.
  • consoles with subspar hardware (specially the lack of SSD).
  • No backwards compatibility (no exactly true now for microsoft but it was at the start of the gen).
  • Old equipment from their brands don't work on new consoles.
Now i can give you even more features that the PC ecosystem has due to more healthy competition going on. My point is that on console space the standards are really low despite the competition. As a costumer I receive an inferior product in console space when compared to PC ecosystem. So if you think i'm blind about sony competition maybe you should increase your standards and see that the competition between both is more about mind share that better service for costumers

Note: i do want to give credit for Microsoft for game pass and play anywhere features which truth be told are inovative and offer better service to costumer.

If this is a real question i'll give it an answer with examples.
Metro exodus is 6 months old and has barely been discounted in EGS.
FM20 is a pre-order and is 39% off (sale in 2game uk using their summersale coupon in case you want to confirm).

That is the price difference. In EGS there is whatever price EGS and discount they want. For the rest of PC storefronts due to all official steam cdkey stores (and the fact that valve takes 0% cut of keys) there is a lot of competition so the prices go down HARD.

However for example for me as a doctor i give very little importance to prices IF the rest of features between EGS and steam were the same. WHich they aren't!
For example i use daily:
  • BPM
  • steam controller
  • steam broadcast
  • family sharing
None of those exist on EGS. In a nutshell people that shop in EGS are paying at least 20% more for each game while needing to set up at least 4-8 new programs to do what steam already does. (if they use steam features).

Just because firms offering similar products aren't fulfilling YOUR personal wish list doesn't mean they are not competing with each other.

MS started this gen more expensive than Sony. Some time thereafter, MS lowered prices. Why would that happen if not for competition.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Just because firms offering similar products aren't fulfilling YOUR personal wish list doesn't mean they are not competing with each other.

MS started this gen more expensive than Sony. Some time thereafter, MS lowered prices. Why would that happen if not for competition.
you are being highly disingenuous. Xbox original SKU had the kinect. Ps4 SKU didn't had the PS camera. If you added the price PS4 camera to the original PS4 SKU price it would be close to the price of the xbox one original sku price (difference was 30€).

Are you telling me that microsoft original SKU became 40€cheaper?

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

This is how Steam looks by changing two settings.

1. Set startup page to Library.
2. Change to compact mode.

1BhwlmE.png

Deleted member 36086

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
you are being highly disingenuous. Xbox original SKU had the kinect. Ps4 SKU didn't had the PS camera. If you added the price PS4 camera to the original PS4 SKU price it would be close to the price of the xbox one original sku price (difference was 30€).

Are you telling me that microsoft original SKU became 40€cheaper?

xbox with kinect started off $100 more than PS4. After kinect was removed, xbox has been at least $50 - $100 cheaper this entire gen.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Because it leads to exactly this.

"Oh yes, our game did really well on the EGS. Many copies sold yes yes"

While conveniently leaving out that Epic potentially bought those copies. It's very misleading.
Well that's just your speculation though. For all you know the game DID sell well. We have no way of knowing, you're just assuming the worst.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Enjoy it while it lasts, since Epic is (allegedly) planning on opening up the store as well eventually.

I'm very critical of Valve's lack of curation and moderation myself, but I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I'm not seeing anything in particular when I'm booting it up.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC, that is the library of the user. Unless you are arguing you also don't want see the games you own on Steam.

Which is an actual option on the Epic Store Client.
Settings - > Hide Game Library.
Then you will not see the games you own, or the store, and is left with only the friend list and the Unreal Engine tab.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite was the old Origin store. So light, not a lot of flash. I'm looking forward to GOG Galaxy 2 app, and I hope it works well, I'll still need BPM for games like Street Fighter V for my controller profile to work though.