• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which spoof movie(s) deserves to be preserved for future generations?

• All the Scary Movies

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • Date Movie

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Epic Movie

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Meet the Spartans

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Disaster Movie

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Vampires Suck

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Not Another Teen Movie

Votes: 83 74.1%

• Total voters

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I'm being serious!

We should be thankful that these movies exist. Without them, how easily could we pinpoint the year in which a short-lived joke happened? Yes, the movies are dreadful, but...but just hear me out.

Quick, what year did the "Hide yo kids, hide yo wife" meme happen? Between 2010-2011. How do I know this? Because it was featured as a joke in a Tyler Perry Madea movie around that time. When were Napoleon Dynamite jokes no longer funny? When Date Movie premiered in 2006. Trailer for additional evidence below:

If I was somehow coerced into watching these movies, I could quickly write a report on the inane stuff that happened back then, and exactly how long each gag remained funny.

These movies should be inducted into the Criterion Collection.

Let us discuss how valuable these movies are to culture I our posts below.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Basically, during the height of Gamergate, they tried to negotiate with Wikipedia's editors or moderators or whatever to get "their side of the story" - as in, to literally lie in order to write a narrative of events that presents them as anything but a hate group. Wikipedia didn't allow it, but Know Your Meme did for whatever reason.

Just take a look at this dude:

www.resetera.com

A Message to ResetERA from Denis Dyack

Jesus the pitchforks are out again.

www.resetera.com

Giving someone a chance to debate and tell their thoughts and stance on a topic is not enabling them. I just hop on this new forum we don’t always rush to judgment. When they are a member they should at least have an opportunity to respond and explain their thoughts. Just my opinion.

www.resetera.com

"Gaming Culture" is toxic - Gamers AREN'T Good

You don't have to do anything. Just don't dismiss fair criticisms. "It was pretty well documented that at least a portion of the shitty harassing, death threats, etc bascially all the bad shit attributed to GG was people trolling who didnt give a shit either way." OK... so, what? We should...

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Was forced to watch Date Movie with friends. I wanted to chew my fingers off in desperation to escape.

So, so fucking bad.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
These movies aren't to be celebrated. Like pokemon sword, I'm glad they exist so I know where the absolute bottom is.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
superhero-movie.jpg

OP
OP
Realyst

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and added a poll. Since we can't preserve them all, I think it's important that we have at least that one movie we can point to show just how dumb people had to be in order to allow these movies to keep getting made.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Basically, during the height of Gamergate, they tried to negotiate with Wikipedia's editors or moderators or whatever to get "their side of the story" - as in, to literally lie in order to write a narrative of events that presents them as anything but a hate group. Wikipedia didn't allow it, but Know Your Meme did for whatever reason.

Just take a look at this dude:

www.resetera.com

Jesus the pitchforks are out again.

www.resetera.com

Giving someone a chance to debate and tell their thoughts and stance on a topic is not enabling them. I just hop on this new forum we don’t always rush to judgment. When they are a member they should at least have an opportunity to respond and explain their thoughts. Just my opinion.

www.resetera.com

"Gaming Culture" is toxic - Gamers AREN'T Good

You don't have to do anything. Just don't dismiss fair criticisms. "It was pretty well documented that at least a portion of the shitty harassing, death threats, etc bascially all the bad shit attributed to GG was people trolling who didnt give a shit either way." OK... so, what? We should...

Jeez it's crazy how open they were back during nascent Era.

Now they just whine about this site on certain other places and flood the google results for "ResetEra" with misinformation.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Urghh...the guy who made Epic Movie and its ilk pretty much destroyed the genre due to how terrible and low effort they all are. The only legit good spoof is the first Scary Movie and Not Another Teen Movie.
To anyone who has seen both, is Movie 43 worse than these?
Movie 43 made everything directed by Epic Movie duo look like a masterpiece.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather keep Don't Be A Menace While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood over all of the Scary Movies. But yeah, the first two Scary Movies and Not Another Teen Movie are the only things in the poll worth keeping.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I laughed at the poll results.
I'd rather keep Don't Be A Menace While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood over all of the Scary Movies. But yeah, the first two Scary Movies and Not Another Teen Movie are the only things in the poll worth keeping.
Hell yeah, this is what I thought of as well.