• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I sit down with a Nazi, he learns tolerance from me and I learn from him about the globalists agenda and we agree to only kill half of all the Jews! A good middle ground!"
God I fucking hate boogie for that bullshit.
This is the same dude who said gay people got their rights too quickly and "some good things" came from the holocaust.

Dude is just a trashfire.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
We need to give alt-right-neonazi-assholes as much space in the political discourse as we need to give same level idiots in scientific discussion.

Unfortunately even the latter is something we lack in.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
If you believe the whole "slippery slope" theory when it comes to platforming Nazi's or making laws against hate speech you really need a lesson in history. If an authoritarian party gains power there's no slippery slope and it doesn't matter what the laws were before then, they'll make whatever laws they want to censer speech.

Jaffe continue to provide evidence that he's a stupid, 'centrist', incompetent hack.

Oct 25, 2017
He makes it pretty clear that he doesnt know who or what Milo preaches. He is using him as an example to answer a question in twitch stream on how everyone has the right to freedom of speech in a public forum and mentions any private platform can tell anyone to F-off (he's right).

The only controversial thing he really said is that he would want his kids to attend a college where these morons were talking so they could see dissenting opinions for themselves, no matter how bad, and come to their own conclusions through their critical thinking.

He also uses the example that most folks on the internet read a headline and then like to comment on the author or subject without reading/watching to actually understand their point... this thread being the perfect example.

Also, Fck Milo

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
He is the opposite of correct here.

In the information age, the problem is the growth and spread of disinformation, not a lack of information. Thus, information absolutely must be controlled (at least to some extent).

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should educate Jaffe that this whole democracy thing only works if we do not tolerate the intolerate, as paradox as it sounds.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
FREEDOM OF SPEECH involves your right to your opinion and the GOVERNMENT

It does not mean people have to listen to your bullshit

Go read the fucking Bill of Rights before you come in here looking like an idiot.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Swear to God, I read the title and my first thought was this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Jaffe seems like he's got way too much time on his hands on Twitter, like someone jobless and bored. What is he producing right now?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf Dave... we let him have a platform as long as he doesnt harass people or organize hate crimes. He couldn't manage that low bar. He no longer has a platform.

This conversation has long ended man. Why the fuck do you feel the need to drop these hot takes

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Get out of here, Jaffe. I understand youre not really relevant in the gaming space anymore... but trying to get back out there in the public conscious like this?

Pathetic.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Jaffe is out there, speaking out about the injustices towards transphobes and nazis.

These are the people that need a voice in our current society, and to see Jaffe make this his current concern is telling of his great character.

No wait, fuck you Jaffe.

Oct 27, 2017
Jaffe with the hot take, I mean he is kind of late to the discussion.

Go away, Milo had it coming. Hopefully he is enjoying being broke.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Funny how techno-libertarians and centrists like Jaffe are always pro-the free marketplace of ideas until the free marketplace literally rejects someone by not giving them a platform. Then it's please give this lovely person their platform back.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm in favor of free speech. I'm also in favor of private institutions saying "no, you're not allowed to speak here" which is basically an equally important right for a free person to say, "no, I'm not going to listen to you" which is not infringing on anyone's right to free speech. It's a free market of ideas if you will, and if your speech is deemed unworthy, you will be mitigated to the fringe margins in which those ideas belong. Jaffe is wrong.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He has freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants. But private entities do not have to host his content or speech. Freedom of speech only relates to the government. If twitter or youtube don't want to host his content, they don't have to.

Sure. Is this about Twitter banning him though? What is Jaffe's comment about?

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The problem with Jaffe's take is that he had a platform to say his thing for several years and it was so toxic that people and companies stopped wanting to host it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't really disagree him with that much. Like with Destiny I'm happy he's done the debates even if that is taken as "giving a platform". I rather have awful views in public so those can be challenged than just spreading underground.

Now of course I also believe that Twitter and the like do have the right to have their own rules and guidelines on what is allowed there. Twitter shutting Milo down isn't a concern to me. Also I'm quite happy with Era moderation and what is allowed, or more not allowed here.
He also uses the example that most folks on the internet read a headline and then like to comment on the author or subject without reading/watching to actually understand their point... this thread being the perfect example.
Yup. While not as serious topic as this, the Jaffe Uncharted thread was an example of that too. People have much to learn.

Last edited:

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the alt-righters he could could use to hand-wring over "free-speech", he chooses the one who said something so disgusting it was the right who no-platformed him? Really? Fucking really?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really disagree him with that much. Like with Destiny I'm happy he's done the debates even if that is taken as "giving a platform". I rather have awful views in public so those can be challenged than just spreading underground.

Now of course I also believe that Twitter and the like do have the right to have their own rules and guidelines on what is allowed there. Twitter shutting Milo down isn't a concern to me.

The problem with debating ideas like Nazism is that you're treating the idea like it has merit. It's the same issue with 'debating' climate change. If people are willing to act like Nazism has merit, there is no reason to debate them. There is nothing to debate about genocide.

As far as spreading underground, when you give someone a platform with hundreds of thousands of eyes on them is somehow better? I have never understood this type of logic and yet I do see it quite frequently.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I was going to post this yesterday in another thread. Glad a thread was made, the more he speaks the more he comes off as ridiculous.

Here's some more I found of his.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually debating with him yesterday (during the resetera upgrade) and he really didn't answer anything satisfactorily for me.

At one point he tries to make it seem like I was assuming he was talking about specific private companies, which I did because he wasn't responding to government oversight originally and the only speech bans milo has is with private companies.

I asked him to clarify and he ignores it, goes off on a tangent and then started high fiving people who was kissing his ass.

In fact I found the entire experience offensive as he was conflating issues, assuming things about me and ultimately tried to make it seem like millenials are short sighted because of the world we have been brought up in and that eventually we will learn.

I was tempted to post that historical news op Ed asking for people to allow the nazis to speak their beliefs as it would help debate but decided it was pointless as he seemed more concerned with comparing countries to China and ignorant millenials.

Was this on twitter? That platform is not built for that sort of discussion. 9/10 it turns out exactly like you describe.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So interesting that Corey Balrog is the antithesis to everything Jaffe stands for and managed to turn Jaffe's franchise into something far beyond what it had any right to be while being a genuinely lovely person while Jaffe flounders like a fish out of water releasing trash bin titles like Drawn to Death and spouting bullshit like this.

All that being said, can't be too surprised that he's so vehemently against deplatorming considering the video game community choosing not to support him and buy his shitty games effectively deplatformed him.

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
yeah dave m8 forcing people to give nazis a platform is what will solve the world's problems

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
My favorite part is the irony where Milo getting banned on Twitter is literally "free market of ideas" at work. Conservatives, libertarians, and """"""classical liberals"""""" should be pleased that someone shared their views on the free market, the market decided they were shit, and appealed to the powers that be to remove him from the market. That's how their system is supposed to work.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I can see why he is saying this, it can be a slippery slope when we start silencing people and it could end up hurting creators like him. However I think there is a clear difference of society shunning someone's voice and laws doing it. I don't think anyone has to worry until the law starts shutting voices down.