• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Big news tho, Link not immune to karma:
fEyVvgR.png

edit: aww ya beat me Papertoonz

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if the selfish fairies would help out of their own accord we wouldn't have to stoop to such measures. Such powerful entities sitting idly while the world burns, forcing a literal child to do all the work? It's the least they could do.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
It's not though.

The fairy didn't volunteer to go into the bottle, which is why they need to be captured.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The real issue here is that Aonuma seems okay with imprisoning fairies while Koizumi is not.

We should have Koizumi direct the next Zelda game so that this travesty doesn't repeat itself.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
According to the wiki:

The fairy itself is not actually cooked as it flies off after the tonic is obtained, implying that its dust is probably used as the ingredient. Beedle occasionally offers to trade a fairy tonic to Link for a Rhino Beetle from his inventory, and claims the tonic is made from cooking with Fairy Dust produced by Fairies when used in Cooking

Dust is just dead skin. So fairy dust is dead fairy skin.

He's still eating fairy corpse.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
How do you think they get out of the bottle when Link dies? Best explanation I can come up with is that a hero in dire need gives them the adrenaline boost they need to free themselves. At which point they sacrifice themselves to rescue their own captor.

This is not the behavior of sentient creatures that crave freedom. Fairies are little more than insects, acting on a few base instincts. Trapping them in jars is no worse than catching fireflies.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imbibing fairy corpse then, same concept.

He may not be killing them but he captures them and then consumes parts of their bodies. That's psychopath behavior right there.

Oh yes, but since when did BOTW Link did not show psychopathic behavior? He also has a tendency to burn things to the ground.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you think they get out of the bottle when Link dies? Best explanation I can come up with is that a hero in dire need gives them the adrenaline boost they need to free themselves. At which point they sacrifice themselves to rescue their own captor.

This is not the behavior of sentient creatures that crave freedom. Fairies are little more than insects, acting on a few base instincts. Trapping them in jars is no worse than catching fireflies.

Navi, Tatle, and Tael as well as any great faries disproves this.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I always thought the idea is that him falling and dying breaks the bottle open. But I guess that doesn't make sense since the bottle is still intact afterwards.

Oh yes, but since when did BOTW Link did not show psychopathic behavior? He also has a tendency to burn things to the ground.

Very true. Calamity Ganon is just chilling in the castle the whole time, doing nothing. Why does Link feel the need to beat up on him?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the idea is that him falling and dying breaks the bottle open. But I guess that doesn't make sense since the bottle is still intact afterwards.

Very true. Calamity Ganon is just chilling in the castle the whole time, doing nothing. Why does Link feel the need to beat up on him?

Well because Zelda told...him...oh Hylia, this is all a ploy by Zelda to consolidate her power and eliminate any rival power to to throne!

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Not to be so serious in this fun thread, but I'm prwtty sure that at least in a few Zelda games the great fairies encourage Link to do this. I don't know what that says about the fairy hierarchy/society but maybe we're asking the wrong person!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Well because Zelda told...him...oh Hylia, this is all a ploy by Zelda to consolidate her power and eliminate any rival power to to throne!

Who said that was even Zelda who told him to?

"I heard a voice telling me to open my eyes and then kill some dude named Gannon" doesn't sound like a way to convince people you're not a psychopath.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Left is not OK. Link simply doesnt do it in front of witnesses like Bowser. He cant keep getting away with this.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who said that was even Zelda who told him to?

"I heard a voice telling me to open my eyes and then kill some dude named Gannon" doesn't sound like a way to convince people you're not a psychopath.
But who benefits the most from this? And if Link ever catches on Zelda can just say he's a psychopath (which is true) absolving her from any guilt!

Oct 25, 2017
Link fucked off in BotW uncovering rocks and snowboarding down mountains while Zelda was holding off Ganon for 100 years.

Dudes a mega dick let's be real.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
But who benefits the most from this? And if Link ever catches on Zelda can just say he's a psychopath (which is true) absolving her from any guilt!

Zelda playing the long game. Actually, this reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer gets Flanders to kill a bunch of people by pretending to be God.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Link fucked off in BotW uncovering rocks and snowboarding down mountains while Zelda was holding off Ganon for 100 years.

Dudes a mega dick let's be real.
No that what your link did. I ran straight to ganon castle to rescue my princess :p plus wasnt link in a coma for most of those 100 years?

Nov 17, 2017
According to the wiki:

The fairy itself is not actually cooked as it flies off after the tonic is obtained, implying that its dust is probably used as the ingredient. Beedle occasionally offers to trade a fairy tonic to Link for a Rhino Beetle from his inventory, and claims the tonic is made from cooking with Fairy Dust produced by Fairies when used in Cooking
Why do you hate fun?

What you see flying off is the fairy's spirit ascending to the afterlife. Don't believe everything you read in a wiki.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Nintendo has been carefully setting up Link as a villain and Ganondorf has tried to gather the triforce to save the fairy specie.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's kinda like in the real world where some people eat meat while others consider it immoral. Mario and Link draw their moral line in different places I spose

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you hate fun?

What you see flying off is the fairy's spirit ascending to the afterlife. Don't believe everything you read in a wiki.

What fun? We finally discovered the true nature of both Link and Zelda: a psycopath who eats/kills anyone and a woman who manipulated the former to overthrow her father and consolidate her power!