• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I love the shit out of some meta jokes. Over do it and it gets played out, but do it well and you can add a fun dynamic to a show or scene. Gimme your favorite 4th wall breaks and meta gags.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Hot Tub Time Machine will forever be one of my favorite fourth wall breaks just because the expression kills me:

HGfF.gif

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy all 4th wall breaks. American Housewife had one this season when the mom looks directly at the camera and references the casting change for the youngest daughter.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I thought this thread title was itself meta humor about "we need to talk about..." Or is it? I don't even know anymore.

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017
community and it's meta humour was occasionally the best part of the show before it steadily became the worst part of the show. by season 5 Abed became a bit insufferable. same with Rick and Morty, just gets way too wanky. That series finale gag in the OP is incredible though

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
We need? Lol?!! Now that's meta humor

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Some of my favorite meta-humor came from forums, but those kind of threads and funny accounts (I remember Vladimir V. Putin lol) seem to get banned and immediately locked now. I can get banning the trolling accounts, but I had a lot of laughs with some of the more "novelty" accounts. This thread is meta in itself so maybe not all hope is lost lol!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
From Portal 2:

"This is the part where he kills us."
"This is the part where I kill you!"
Chapter Title: The Part Where He Kills You
Achievement Unlocked! The Part Where He Kills You: This is that part

Reym

Jul 15, 2019

(I wanted to post the one from Blazing Saddles, but it looks like nobody uploaded the clip)