• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately red states have a history of supporting sexy offenders. This isnt options are:

Support Biden. Hope he makes amends or whomever holds the house impeached him for sexual impropriety in Jan 2021. It'll be ugly for sure and you might taste bile for a month or two. Vote for a party, not the candidate. Get Trump out.

Don't vote, keep your morals (again fine) but Democrats have less vote share and Trump wins again. You've seen how the past three years have gone and now need to make peace that the next four years of your life he'll be that much worse. Nobody can hold that against you.

Whichever you decide is ultimately your choice. Both are predators. Both are old as fuck. Nobody will know you voted for either, but the winner will decide how your country and the less advantaged are treated.

Which one can cause you and your family more harm?
Can you not do this here? Of all threads?

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
This whole situation is so completely fucked up and I feel powerless. I'm trying hard not to post in anger but jesus, there's just so much to be angry about.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Honestly, I'm on the verge of requesting a self ban and just leaving this site for good. I've seen a lot of stuff that has irked me on this site, but the sheer unwillingness by the mod team to do anything about this is disgusting.

All I see are a bunch of people who lack any resemblance of empathy and are trying to force their "vote blue no matter who" ideals on people who have suffered so much from sexual assault and rape.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading this shit makes me want to scream. Getting the same vibes I got from my mother when I put her on to my shit. "Angry", "gnashing of teeth" but no action. don't give a shit. Empty platitudes and feeling sorry but suck it up, in not so many words. Fucking infuriating.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm sorry guys i tried, but everyone so laser focused on beating Trump they are completing ignoring the allegations. :/ What a shame and hopefully i can keep my sanity for the rest of the year.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Lets say 50-100 people on Era don't vote for Biden due to past trauma... I doubt it makes a difference.

So in the interest of not shitting where you eat, why can't some posters just leave their fellow Resetera posters alone? If you want to go all fucking aggro on people, go off to Reddit or Twitter or something.

God knows Twitter seems to be the HQ of nonsense after seeing the things said in response to Reade's case. While mods removed the tweets and I, on reflection, understand why, people on Twitter were actually stalking this topic and calling me out as being part of the Russian conspiracy https://www.resetera.com/threads/yo...led-a-criminal-complaint.177199/post-31242156

The police report is now public as per that post above. How about posters on Resetera start taking that claim more seriously and on reflection of that, treating the OP of this topic and others a bit more kindly?

Your fingers do not need to type up a reply to every post on Resetera. Crazy thought, I know.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
tbh engaging in those threads is a lost cause, say what's on your mind and then put it on ignore.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
It'd be cool if they did literally anything at all about this. At least address some of the concerns.
They put a warning in the thread about it.
Reminder (posted at 5:25 PM EDT)

Shaming people for not voting is unacceptable. Likewise, shaming people for voting for Biden is also unacceptable.

Doing either of these will result in a ban. The duration of the ban will depend on the tone and content of the post.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Between this and other growing issues I'm questioning if I feel safe on this forum.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
So what you're saying is I should bottle all my shit up, all my pain and anxiety and trauma of what's been happening ( some extremely personally) and not reply to what you say so YOU feel better to be able to say anything you want without someone replying?
knqDZlZ.jpg

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So what you're saying is I should bottle all my shit up, all my pain and anxiety and trauma of what's been happening ( some extremely personally) and not reply to what you say so YOU feel better to be able to say anything you want without someone replying?

You probably shouldn't treat a video game forum as personal therapy, yeah.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I've been banned for less. Some warranted. Wasn't thinking right. The last one pissed me off, though, lol.
Still, in context it's ridiculous. MuteKi has been pushing back against people downplaying sexual assault on this topic for weeks, this is clearly a reference to that. And they get banned for it?

It just makes me feel like the priorities are way out of whack.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still, in context it's ridiculous. MuteKi has been pushing back against people downplaying sexual assault on this topic for weeks, this is clearly a reference to that. And they get banned for it?

It just makes me feel like the priorities are way out of whack.

Sorry if it sounded like I was downplaying it. Priorities out of whack indeed. It was worded wrong. It's more like, "that happens here sometimes"

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Sending staff an abusive email, history of hostility towards staff in posts and via the report system
DM'ing Cerium seems to be the only way to get any grievances noticed (though will probably still be dismissed; just to your face). I'm sorry for the OP and anyone affected here.
It feels like, once again, we're getting close to the same point we were during Trans Awareness Week last year (re:staff vs victimised members).

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We are actively banning people engaging in vote shaming (please remember that it may take sometime for posts to be actioned, the staff deal with a very heavy workload), having meetings and daily discussions on how better to handle a difficult situation where we need to take into account the perspectives, intersectional complexities, and pain of minorities and sexual assault victims, and find a way to improve policy and navigate this in the best way we can for everyone.

In regards to the ban being questioned, that user was parroting common phrasing used against Bernie, and is a user that has expressed having no interest in voting for the person they claimed to. It was read as trolling, which is something we're trying to keep to a minimum. If they feel this was done in error, they can appeal the ban, and we'll review it.

Edit: Removed quote as this is in reply to many in the thread.

Last edited:

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Very strange wording. Does this mean Era members are allowed to shame users who are not voting for Biden? Because there has been a metric crapton of that over the last few months.
No it just means no vote shaming in either direction. Though i personally haven't seen anyone shaming for anyone voting for Biden. Hopefully the mod team will crackdown on the offensive posts.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
No it just means no vote shaming in either direction. Though i personally haven't seen anyone shaming for anyone voting for Biden. Hopefully the mod team will crackdown on the offensive posts.

Probably because Biden has a lot of support here on Era so they are not as likely to eat their own. I agree with the sentiment though. I would like to see Era be a place where people can discuss how they intend to vote and why without being bullied.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Trolling in a sensitive thread
Just shut down US politic talks tbh, you country is unsalvageable anyway
At very least we not insulting people like OP.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I live by a few simple rules when it comes to politics:

1. On the internet, don't try to tell people how to vote. You don't know them

2. Never talk down to a woman as if you could understand the shit they go through. You're never going to be right and chances are you're an asshole

Done me good thus far

Last edited:

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The poster is telling sexual assault victims to support Biden. Because Trump. Stop it.

I mean that poster literally said if you don't vote for Biden that "Nobody can hold that against you" so I don't see the command to vote for Biden that you have manifested from that post.

There are posts here that deserve criticism but I just wasn't onboard with this one with how I read it.

Last edited:

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
So bumping this back up because holy shit some of the people are just disgusting.
I am deeply sorry that you're experiencing this, and I'm ashamed that there's a set of people who are engaging in vote-shaming or worse. I don't know if I have any right to say more than an apology -- I was only minorly sexually assaulted last year, and I know it doesn't compare to what most folks have gone through. I have also prosecuted and convicted sex offenders that were vile human beings. I bring that up only to demonstrate that I've thought about this.

Another poster put it more eloquently than I could in another thread: concerning politics, this is chiefly a question of one's worldview and ethical standpoint (deontological vs. utilitarian). I think both are valid and rational, and I don't make any secret about ascribing to the latter camp.

But you should never be shamed, derided, or denigrated for identifying a moral line you won't cross. No one should. I may disagree with your conclusion, but I completely respect your methodology.

Setting that aside, I empathize with the fact that you belong to a cohort of people who were and are forced to participate in a conversation on a subject that you shouldn't have to be dealing with in the first place. I think that's the point most people miss. If literally anyone else were the Democratic nominee, conversations could focus on their policy shortcomings, not their moral failures or potential crimes.

It sucks that this conversation is now swirling around you. I don't presume to know how you feel. I am sorry that it's happening. I sincerely hope we can do more in the future.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
You'd think this would be the one thread where people aren't pressured into voting for an alleged rapist

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I do apologise if I've been guilty of this in the past. I haven't been a victim of sexual assault but even then i would find it hard to vote for him. I can only imagine how difficult it is for those who have been a victim in the past.

It's a shitty timeline when the only way to get rid of Trump is to vote a possible rapist.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that poster literally said if you don't vote for Biden that "Nobody can hold that against you" so I don't see the command to vote for Biden that you have manifested from that post.

There are posts here that deserve criticism but I just wasn't onboard with this one with how I read it.

Reread it in the context of the thread. It's reductive and wack. 'Don't vote for trump, just know it'll be worse'. Aight cool. That's something to say to victims of rape and sexual assault. There's nothing else the Dems can do.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
And yet another one of the most vocal supporters of rape victims gets banned for pointing out the hypocrisy of ardent Biden supporters. There are a load of people on this forum that put far more energy into shaming rape victims than they put into trying to prevent a rapist from becoming nominee, and here the mods are enabling them.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Could say the same about this thread title, but sure: that anyone claiming there's been a media coverup of the most recent allegation prompting this thread should be moderated under the conspiracy theory rule, given that there's clearly a different journalistic standard between publications and forum posters (and given this own forum's abject failure to reflect from the cases of Depp/Heard and Smollett regarding branding before any allegations have actually been investigated).

And if this nabs me a ban for "minimizing sexual assault" y'all have really lost the damn plot.

Still had this tab opened and happened to see this post after seeing this story.

www.resetera.com

The New York Times edits their article on the Joe Biden accusation because Biden's campaign "thought the phrasing was awkward"

Because he had been accused of sexual assault himself. He counterattacks. That's his thing. Depressingly, on the issue of whether or not women should get grabbed by their genitals without consent, the two candidates are a wash. There's no reason for Trump to bring it up. Others will (and have)...

Status
Not open for further replies.