• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm talking like Dynasty Warriors or those old Lord of the Rings games, except on newer hardware, and supporting 4 player share-screen.

Hacking and slashing through waves and waves of enemies (storyline optional). As a TEAM.

Is there no such game these days?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Outside of top-down games or sidescrollers, there isn't really anything like that out there. Most if not all hack'n'slash games of the kind you're asking for only support up to two people locally.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Castle Crashers I guess

For 3D, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 did just come out not too long ago

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking like Dynasty Warriors or those old Lord of the Rings games, except on newer hardware, and supporting 4 player share-screen.

Hacking and slashing through waves and waves of enemies (storyline optional). As a TEAM.

Is there no such game these days?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was to be this game.

Sadly they didn't pull it off IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
100 percent agree, I'd love to see a flood of games like this; I'd settle for more 2 player hack n' slashers if it meant more games.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
It's a sad day when I can say a new Dark Alliance has been announced but it isn't split screen...

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Castle Crashers and Full Metal Furies might offer some good local hack n slash action.

For general coop hack n slash Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is the best there is no, no alliteration screen though. You're gunna struggle to find that outside of 2D games tbh.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Streets of Rage Remake made me realise I only enjoy this genre with partner characters, even if they are AI. Dividing the focus of the enemies is critical.

I wish the Shining Force brawler arcade game had come to consoles, especially Switch. It looks so fun, and would work fine even with AI partners imo.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Aren't the LEGO games basically like this? Obviously very simplified and more linear but the general concept is there.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Agreed. One of my dream projects is a new Gauntlet that aligns closer to dark legacy than the WB game (which I liked) but with some modern upgrades.

I wrote a bible on it and everything of course :p

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Full Metal Furies is great for this. It really incentivizes playing your role and learning how to synergize with your teammates. I wrote a bit about it here but it's the most fun i've had with 3 of my friends in a game in a very long time.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Also need to make sure those games can be played locally on multiple Switches if there's a Switch version. I wanna play Hyrule Warriors with my girl like we did on the Wii U, but the Switch version is split screen only.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Not much was shown, but I'm hoping the new Forgotten Realms game Dark Alliance is exactly what you're looking for for... ... because that's what I want it to be, lol.