• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
13085.gif
Someone with a capture card (or better searching skills than I) should get scrounge up some normal speed transformations for the various Skells. They have practical transformations for vehicle mode when you're not moving:

Makes me wanna fanboy over them like Lin did at the beginning of the game.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
There are some pretty great mech missions in PSO2 when they come up as Urgent Quests.

The most recent one that launched this week has a very Zone of the Enders-esque 3D space battle in mechs as one of its variations.

The one before it involves taking on a giant Battleship Yamato (as in, the seafaring vessel) outfitted with lasers and teleportation technology everywhere. It's a very fun fight.

Jonatron

Apr 22, 2020
Playing Chromehounds with a dedicated squad, against equally obsessed teams, remains the most engaging online gaming experience I've had. It was way ahead of its time. The ungodly things I'd do to get a true sequel.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
2nd this. I want something that straddles the sim and arcade feeling that Mechwarrior 2 encapsulated.

I've been wanting that for flight sim games for a while now, too. It's a hard sell with flight sims, I think, because the enthusiast crowd will reject it for not being "accurate" enough while everyone else will be too intimidated to try it. But I think with mech games, since "accuracy" is not an issue, there might be an audience. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Seriously, though, a mech game with comparable depth to, say, Elite: Dangerous (which feels "simmy" but is still simple enough to be 100% playable on a gamepad) is like the holy grail.

I wish I could have enjoyed Daemon x Machina more. Something about it just didn't click.

Yeah, same. I just couldn't get into it at all, even though it ticked a lot of boxes for me. I really, really wanted to like it.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
We need

Armored Core VI

Power Rangers Battle for the Grid 2: now with zord combat

That fantasy mecha game Miyazaki wants to make

A gundam sim game

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I know there is stuff like Armored Core all the way to current Xeno-verse but I feel nothing has given the wacky mech vibes that 'gears did.
You can play the just released Super Robot Wars Original Generations fan translation for that.

www.resetera.com

Super Robot Wars Original Generations (PS2) English Translation Released News

Didn't see a thread on here but yeah... For the uninitiated, Super Robot Wars Original Generations is a remake of both Super Robot Wars Original Generation 1 + 2 that originally released on the Gameboy Advance. You might remember playing those because they were the only SRW games that ever...

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Daemon X Machina and Xenoblade Chronicles X both fit the bill perfectly, depending on the kind of game you're looking for.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This thread is reminding me I need to get back to SRWT, I've almost covered all the anime's featured

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I really miss Lost Planet. The mix of third person shooting, mecha action, and grappling hooks was super fun. I would love another sequel someday.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
MechAssault_Coverart.png

Mechassaultlonewolfcover.jpg

We need this franchise back, come on Microsoft just do it. Imagine the destructibility with today's hardware!

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Square needs to revive Front Mission. That is all.

Oh and Microsoft needs to get a team on a new Mechcommander. Real-time isometric Battletech is the good shit.

I'd kill for a new Armored Core. But I want an old school Armored Core, where the mechs are clunky and robotic. I love games like Chromehounds and Steel Battalion that have clunky mechs. As much as I loved Armored Core 4, it just felt too fast and un-mechlike
The Playstation 1 Armored Core series was by far my preference. My friends/brother and I used to have classic battles, then we'd watch the replays back. They had the right balance of clunkiness and maneuverability. The new Gundam style AC just isn't my groove. Project Phantasma was my shiiit.

But I'd still totally buy your wannabe Gundam fantasy if it came to PC with an uncapped framerate though FROM!

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
We need more mech games that specifically feature super robots.

Mechs have somehow fallen out of popularity a bit. I'm not even seeing as much mech anime either.

2021's about to have a bunch.

Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0+1.0
Hathaway's Flash
Getter Robo Arc
SSSS.Dynazenon
Pacific Rim: The Black
Yasuke
Godzilla: Singular Point (Jet Jaguar's going to be in it, totally counts)

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
You know what. We also need more positive mech games. Giant robot action is great but the endless dark, melodramatic and moody stuff is played ouut.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Cyberbots sequel? Yes please. Another Tech Romancer? Do it.

Also, If From makes another AC game, I hope it doesn't play like a souls game.

MS bringing back Mech assault would be dope as well.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Chromehounds needs a sequel. It was such a good idea and extremely fun, possibly ahead of its time. If it came out today I think it would have had a much larger audience.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So this is where I wish for a sequel to the secret best Fromsoft game called Chromehounds? I can't believe it's been almost 11 years now since it got shut down. Going to sound extremely big-headed here but as someone who was in multiple top tier teams I've still to this day not had a better online experience with any game.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll second the Sakura Wars (2019) mention. There's always Muv-Luv, not that I've got around to that myself yet.
Daemon x Machina seems to have done well enough commercially, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people who bought Sakura Wars (the nonsensical reasoning behind why it was a PS4 exclusive didn't help). Ended up getting those and 13 Sentinels all in the same year, putting off Trails of Cold Steel IV until it drops below $50 and its localization gets patched.
Curious as to what you're referring to here

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Front Mission 3 remains everything I want from a mech game 20 years later. I still replay it now on the Vita.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Battletech for me ran into the issue where very quickly the game turned into, "How many MLs and Jump Jets can I fit on the heaviest chassis I can find and max armor". I wanted to use different builds, but the game really suffers from a wonky power curve where the first 10 hours of a save are fun and then after you get established it's just the same old.

I'm going to echo my support for Phantom Brigade, I'm playing EA now and it's a blast! Devs are super responsive and their head gameplay designer has cited VOTOMs and FM as their direct inspirations to making the game/systems/feel.

Side note, I bought FM3 on my PS3 but never got around to playing it, would it be worth it to break it out to try it?

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
You had your chance to bring mecha games back with Daemon X Machina, OP.
Too bad you didn't buy it and now we're stuck in this Mecha-less hell.