• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 20, 2020
We need more games (preferably TB-RPG's and A-RPG's with user controlled stylized mechs. Xenogears has always been my go to for this but I have always wanted more games with weird/cool/non-realistic mecha like XG. I know there is stuff like Armored Core all the way to current Xeno-verse but I feel nothing has given the wacky mech vibes that 'gears did.

I still want to get into 13 Sentinels at some point.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'd kill for a new Armored Core. But I want an old school Armored Core, where the mechs are clunky and robotic. I love games like Chromehounds and Steel Battalion that have clunky mechs. As much as I loved Armored Core 4, it just felt too fast and un-mechlike

Zularti

Oct 25, 2017
We just need a remake of my favorite make game of all time Robot Alchemic Drive. It was easily one of my favorite childhood games and I need a full remaster of it.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Agreed.

184088.png

Where the hell is my sequel!?

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
We need a good Mechwarrior-style series, for sure. I know MW5 exists, but it was pretty poorly received IIRC.

But mostly it's weird that the success of HBS' Battletech hasn't spawned a bunch of copy-cats by now.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
It's time for the "mechs, but from the perspective of some kid" genre to make a resurgence

Robot Alchemic Drive
RegalFlashyGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif

H-ee1u.gif

Tetsujin 28-go
3Cey75L.gif

IyUAFiU.gif

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Phantom Brigade just hit early access and holy shit is the combat fun.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner: Mars was $7.49 on PSN and it was totally fun and so cool!

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
The creator of Armored Core is behind the Daemon X Machina IP. Miyazaki did really well taking up the helm with For Answer, but i'm not sure if he's still interested in AC. The last time he talked about it was years back, and since then it's been nothing but souls-like games.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Agreed.

184088.png

Where the hell is my sequel!?

Made by From who no longer makes mech games

Mechs have somehow fallen out of popularity a bit. I'm not even seeing as much mech anime either.

I don't think they were ever that popular honestly outside a few exceptions. Things like Eva and Gundam broke into the relative mainstream but mech stuff has always been fairly niche. AC may have kept the lights on at FromSoftware but they were never like massive hits or anything and they heavily reused assets to stay profitable

Basslover

Jan 28, 2018
There is the Trails of Cold Steel Series but the only show up at the VERY end of the 1st game. That said they do become more prominent as the series goes on and they do have they own battles, a bit like Xenogears/saga.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Daemon x Machina seems to have done well enough commercially, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people who bought Sakura Wars (the nonsensical reasoning behind why it was a PS4 exclusive didn't help). Ended up getting those and 13 Sentinels all in the same year, putting off Trails of Cold Steel IV until it drops below $50 and its localization gets patched.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
We need Cybernator on Switch / SNES online. I have Assault Suit Leynos on PS4 but the paper cut out art style is disgusting to me.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'm weird in way that I prefer mech games that are slow paced. And not stuff like AC.

I'd love to see something like that someday.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Agreed. Mecha is one of my favorite genres in media. I miss Armored Core and Front Mission so much.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever happend to that hawken game?
Id like em too but itd love more big original titles. The gundam games and stuff have their place but give me a big dumb original space opera with mechs.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'd kill for a new Armored Core. But I want an old school Armored Core, where the mechs are clunky and robotic. I love games like Chromehounds and Steel Battalion that have clunky mechs. As much as I loved Armored Core 4, it just felt too fast and un-mechlike
Exactly this, give me my quad leg mechs with way too many rockets. Fast are fine too but not like Zone of the Enders Skating fast.