• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Silent Hill is gone and Fatal Frame is on hiatus once again. We have two The Evil Within games but they don't really scratch that exact itch. Resident Evil 7 also gave me some Ghost Horror vibes but it's still Resident Evil.

That's why I bought the Yomawari Collection for Switch on release day. I would also love to see Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water on Switch. It's really great and creepy.

We seriously don't have enough Japanese Ghost Horror games on modern systems. Let me buy Silent Hill 1-4 on my PS4 for example, that would be something.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I would pay top dollar for a Fatal Frame game on modern PC's and consoles.

Or a re-imagined Corpse Party.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Sekiro had more horror vibes with its creature design like Bloodborne and Dark Souls. I'm 1/2 way through so I hope to be surprised. So far nothing made me "Nope Out".

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Yes. Please. All of it. Junji Ito should write for them all. Remember how I said I never preordered? I lied. This is when I preorder.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Fatal Frame 6 on Switch would be hype.

This also reminds me that I still have White Day sitting in my PS4 backlog.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Never know what the future could bring. A man can dream.

You can dream, but not too hard. From 2001-2005 you had the first 3 entries on non-nintendo hardware, then the next three (4 if you count spirit camera, I guess) that released from 2008-2014 (ffv being the latest on Wii u). It could change, but it seems unlikely.

It's the longest the series has gone without a new mainline game though (counting deep crimson butterfly), so hopefully we aren't too far from the next entry!

Last edited:

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Death Mark on Steam and it's been helping scratch that itch for me. Would really love a new Fatal Frame.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why both Haunting Ground and Rule of Rose need the PS2 Classic treatment, OR full remakes. Seriously. They're both great and unique and they're both super pricey on PS2 (Haunting Ground up to $200 now and Rule of Rose nearing $400). Having them on PS4 would be huge.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I think we've had enough. I need other ghosts. Gimme a La Llorona game, or make Stay Alive real

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
Don't let the chibbi main characters fool you. The games are fucking dark

im a huge fan of corpse party so the style is right up my alley

They're both great and unique and they're both super pricey on PS2 (Haunting Ground up to $200 now and Rule of Rose nearing $400). Having them on PS4 would be huge.

Blows my mind you can get this new sealed in the UK for less than 20 pounds. limited print runs suck

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
We need more Japanese Ghost Horror everywhere. Sadly, this is a direct result of this genre being pretty much dead in other media as well, mainly movies. Although there still are a bunch of J-horror ghost movies being released in Japan every year, their popularity and quality is nowhere near the highs of early 21st century when the genre fully bloomed. It's a thing of a certain era and it won't be back until someone makes it look profitable again.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Fatal frame 1 & 2 on a ps4 would give me nightmares.
Sad about the state of this genre, only resident evil remains (7 was awesome horror wise).

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
This reminds me I need to track down the Fatal Frame 2 Wii remake. Been meaning to try to emulate it for a while.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand, why Nintendo? Love FF and would love one on my Switch, but if a new one comes out, isn't every console a possibility?

Nintendo reportedly owns a stake in the series, though I can't remember if these were actually misinterpreted and they only own some rights to the titles they were specifically involved in or what.

https://www.vg247.com/2012/06/21/report-nintendo-has-co-ownership-in-fatal-frame-ip/

Nintendo was involved enough to own some rights to at least 4,5, 2 :deep crimson butterfly and spirit camera though, and given KT have a good working relationship with them, if 6 happens, it's probably the same way the franchise has been for more than a decade, as a Nintendo exclusive.

Oct 27, 2017
Again, PS2 era representing as best era. So happy I caught up on (most) everything I want.
Horror, and J-ghost horror, is extremely my thing.

Sadly, Kojima/Del Toro/Ito didn't get to usher in a new era of J-horror.

I'm still waiting for a dark Tokyo Souls/Yokai souls/Mushishi/Spirit Detective/Witcher 3 in Edo...I want all the ghosts.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Nintendo reportedly owns a stake in the series, though I can't remember if these were actually misinterpreted and they only own some rights to the titles they were specifically involved in or what.

https://www.vg247.com/2012/06/21/report-nintendo-has-co-ownership-in-fatal-frame-ip/

Nintendo was involved enough to own some rights to at least 4,5, 2 :deep crimson butterfly and spirit camera though, and given KT have a good working relationship with them, if 6 happens, it's probably the same way the franchise has been for more than a decade, as a Nintendo exclusive.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not Japanese (or on consoles), but OP might want to try the Indonesian horror games Pamali and DreadOut.