• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you know that's not what they were talking about.
It is very interesting they waited so long until lettimg press get their hands on one.

They said physically out there. They went on to speculate about size and Sony's alleged concern with the size when we have seen it next to literal rulers.

Also, it's literally with Japanese YouTubers and other big influencers right now.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Also:

www.resetera.com

Official PS5 images (with measurements) from fccid.io

All credit goes to Roberto Serrano (@geronimo_73). Pics with added rulers for size: All units come with a base (and an HDMI cable - no PS3 'Nam flashbacks): More tweets with direct links to the sources starting here. Rule me out if old.
Still its not really official PlayStation images. Those shots can make everything look unflattering. Its like showing drivers license photos

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
looking at era one would think Sony is struggling hard and PS5 is gonna flop from all the concern threads and posts that pop up and MS is about to take over the entire world

this is beyond parody. The countless gamepass concern threads that pop up on a daily basis have borne the "is it sustainable" and "is it legal" memes alone. Add to the burning pit of concern the absolute gem that is "ms has no joy" and it's no wonder why there was a mass exodus to another forum.

the op is not personally trying to attack you, try to separate your own sense of self worth from a piece of plastic. He/she/they are simply saying it's a little on the weird side we haven't seen the machine in the wild. But with the way 2020 is going, weird is the order of the day

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
You're the one using hyperbole to prove some great philosophical and moral inquiry, not me. I just find it silly when at least part of the hyperbole is belied by just a quick Google search.

The information is out there.
so your literally going to defend that one Netflix point, while all the other things are left unanswered ? so if i had put twitch there instead of netflix, it would suddenly make my points more valid?

the point is that Sony is messing up their marketing. they are leaving a ton of consumer questions unanswered and riding on brand awareness alone, they totally let go of everything which made the ps4 marketing great and expecting consumers to just pay for their console without showing everything, which consumers are actually, weirdly doing.

if this is something you support or stand behind, you do you, i have nothing against it, but trying to defend a company by pointing out that because they have netflix on a remote is really not a good argument and your follow up argument was a pure attack instead of coming up with any valid points of why i was wrong, except once again, that i named netflix....

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
so your literally going to defend that one Netflix point, while all the other things are left unanswered ? so if i had put twitch there instead of netflix, it would suddenly make my points more valid?

the point is that Sony is messing up their marketing. they are leaving a ton of consumer questions unanswered and riding on brand awareness alone, they totally let go of everything which made the ps4 marketing great and expecting consumers to just pay for their console without showing everything, which consumers are actually, weirdly doing.

if this is something you support or stand behind, you do you, i have nothing against it, but trying to defend a company by pointing out that because they have netflix on a remote is really not a good argument and your follow up argument was a pure attack instead of coming up with any valid points of why i was wrong, except once again, that i named netflix....

I'll be honest with you: I didn't particularly care for the rest of your post. It's too long and a bit meandering and I can only focus on so much at 4am.

Ombala

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sony has been focusing on there lineup of games, and rightfully so since games sells consoles, it's a very strong 1P and 3P lineup they have and they are confident in that.

We already know how the console looks and we will soon see it in the hands of influencers etc.

Versus Xbox that seems too have mostly focused on there hardware since they are proud of that and not at all on there lineup of games.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, they're not bothered by the size. Sony were going to have a touring event for people to play the PS5 before Covid hit.

They just timed the "get it out to the press for hands on" wrong, and look like they're going to put it to youtubers instead over the next couple of weeks, a lot closer to launch.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Why does it need to be flattering? It's got dimensional data—as do the specs released by Sony.
since it doesnt give people a good idea about how it looks like. You cant just give abstract data and expect people to understand the dimensions. people need to see a physical box placed in a living room situation. edit: Xbox has been doing a far better job at this, and I wished Sony would step it up.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
In a world where the OG xbone was universally panned for being a huge VCR, I would understand if Sony are cagey about its size impacting the PR.

Its a console design that doesn't look better the more you see it, so I guess the less you see of it in the build up to launch, the better.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
this is beyond parody. The countless gamepass concern threads that pop up on a daily basis have borne the "is it sustainable" and "is it legal" memes alone. Add to the burning pit of concern the absolute gem that is "ms has no joy" and it's no wonder why there was a mass exodus to another forum.

the op is not personally trying to attack you, try to separate your own sense of self worth from a piece of plastic. He/she/they are simply saying it's a little on the weird side we haven't seen the machine in the wild. But with the way 2020 is going, weird is the order of the day
Really? My comment made you think I thought I was feeling personally attacked? lol, are you sure you aren't projecting here a bit?
Let's ignore all the game pass praise and MS marketing praise
Sony literally announced people were already sent PS5s and they can show it off on Oct 4

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
User Banned (2 weeks): Platform warring; long history of similar infractions
If my console was big, ugly and weaker than my direct competitor, I'd probably delay or completely abandon the idea of giving it to folks who will literally take it apart and see what's going on in there too.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
since it doesnt give people a good idea about how it looks like. You cant just give abstract data and expect people to understand the dimensions. people need to see a physical box placed in a living room situation.

I guess that's fair. I took out a measuring tape and pieced things together rather quick.

Either way, this likely becomes moot when the embargo lifts and a bunch of influencers and whatnot start posting.

If anything, it's been quite interesting to see how in control Sony has been of its own schedule and messaging. We may think it's to a fault—I was certainly frustrated at varying points in time—but outside of this very exceptional bubble, the PS5 is almost suffocating in its domination in discussion and the zeitgeist.

I'm looking forward to seeing a dissection on launch year strategy in a few years, that's for sure.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what the rest of you think and I absolutely know I am not entitled to anything at all from Sony. I'm kinda pissed at their strategy for the whole year. SAme with Microsoft though they did a complete 180 quite recently. But Sony... they showed the hardware initially, no date or price.... no *physical console to be seen anywhere other than the leaked certification photos... we have no idea how its built, there are still a lot of questions that have not been answered: does it have a similar function to xbox where you can instantly resume multiple suspended games? how is the UI? which games fall in the 1% of not backwards compatible ps4 games?

Yeah, I'm pissed.

Oct 25, 2017
No I've seen it. It kinda looks like a taco but black and white and more curvy. There's pictures on the internet just google

Oct 27, 2017
NY
It will all work out in the end and if you are concerned about these issues don't preorder either system until you get the answers you want.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
If my console was big, ugly and weaker than my direct competitor, I'd probably delay or completely abandon the idea of giving it to folks who will literally take it apart and see what's going on in there too.
If my new console didn't have a huge launch game or game videos running on the hardware like my competitor, I'd be showing it off on furniture too.
/s

That Bethesda grab gave y'all some balls lol

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
When it comes down to it, it's just a box that plays games. It's not like the aesthetics of the box enhances or worsens your gaming experiences.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it matters much. I've already pre-ordered and cleared away a nice space for it under the TV. I also though it was interesting that we hadn't seen a hands on for it but I didn't say anything because...well, look around.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
ITT I learned that some people had a really tough time dealing with opinions that diminished their plastic toy this generation and now are sort of venting as a new generation approaches.
Seems to happen during generational transitions.

People need to really not take this stuff so seriously.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually love that its so huge because it discourages constantly moving it between rooms haphazardly like i do with my ps4 lol