• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get this error? Before the flood of LOLZZZZ XBOX GAME PASS FOR PC SUCKS IT TOOK MY HARD DRIVE AND RAN AWAY WITH IT AND FORMATTED MY PC etc etc-i have never had any issues with xbgpfpc. Thankfully. Im not saying these issues dont exist, but i get it. People have issues with the service.

But has anyone had this specific error? It seems pretty widespread on error but i cant seem to find any solution. And when i try to "join game pass" because its saying im not subbed, it errored out. I check my sub and it is active.

I can still play my installed games, but it wont let me install any new games, due to this error.

Anyone?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I've also been having this error since the most recent update for the app. Given how wide spread an issue it is (the support forum is full of people talking about it), I think MS just fucked up the app and there's not much we can do about it, just have to wait for them to fix it. I've tried troubleshooting to no avail.

In the meantime, you can download games from the Microsoft Store app

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Have you tried manually logging out of the app and logging back in again?

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Looking on google it seems that this error is new? So probably a bad update of the Xbox app or something. Someone in the MS forums said this:

"It would appear there is an issue with the Xbox app on Windows. According to support the engineers are working overtime to release a version fixed version. We spent a lot of time troubleshooting with no change, but the support person was genuinely nice so that does help. "

Source

I don't know if it's true or not, but if you said that you haven't this issue before, i suppose is true. I guess you can only wait for it to be fixed.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
This happened to me and i honestly think I just left it and came back a few days later to it working.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Not a solution but you would still be able to play/download any game you want through the Windows Store. Sorry OP

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I have been getting this error as well. On both my desktop and my surface. Looks like they will need to update the app. You can just download the games through the windows store. It recognizes the game pass subscription. It's shitty though.

raddyo

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Last time I got that it was because of an issue with my Windows license (I had upgraded my CPU + motherboard and it deactivated).

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
I get an "Illegal State Change" message every time I try to log in.
I don't even know what that means. Can't seem to find a decent explanation via Google, let alone a solution.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be fixed now for me. My desktop was off and just turned it on and checked my settings and it recognizes the sub.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Yep, it seems to working fine for me again. If it still isn't for anyone, you can open the Microsoft store App, search for the game you want and download it from there. It's all integrates with gamepass fine at that point.