• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Alvis I can't find the press release the article is quoting from?

The closest I can find is the blog post comment linked above, but that says "No matter if you stand for vaccines or against them, these truckers still have to work really hard and we wanted to give them their well-deserved 15 minutes of fame" which is in no way the same as "We do not take a stand neither for or against vaccines".

I'm not saying this is a sensationalist headline written for clicks, but the article doesn't link to a source... or rather it does but the source does not include what it is purported to.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The Euro simulation is getting a little too realistic.

No one wants science when they're feeling fine, but as soon as they get sick it's, "Yes, please inject me. I don't care if it's rat buttholes in that syringe."

They backtracked

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Alvis I can't find the press release the article is quoting from?

The closest I can find is the blog post comment linked above, but that says "No matter if you stand for vaccines or against them, these truckers still have to work really hard and we wanted to give them their well-deserved 15 minutes of fame" which is in no way the same as "We do not take a stand neither for or against vaccines".

I'm not saying this is a sensationalist headline written for clicks, but the article doesn't link to a source... or rather it does but the source does not include what it is purported to.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
cvdvdjue.jpg

Kinda seems like they should tho

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they're aware enough of the irony in making a statement about not making a statement and how that speaks volumes more than they think.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
blog.scssoft.com

Hauling Hope Event

SCS Software's official blog - information, screens & movies from our truck simulator games Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

Such normal comments like:

What about starving children in Africa? Why are there no events with this theme? Not fashionable?

garbage , keep politics and real life events out of the game and focus on getting closer to new york , map wise...

It's funny how the government can whip up a vaccine for a fake virus but can't find a cure for cancer.

No thank you, I skip this one, stop brain washing people with all this so called corona nonsense and open your eyes. All this BS what is going on in our world isn't about a virus it's about controlling people, Btw this so called vaccin isn't a normal vaccin it's a genetical modification (fact).

Let the brainwashing commence.Like we don't hear enough of it as it is!

Not sure why the OP isn't noting this in the OP so that people know why they're saying this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sep 7, 2020
This take by them is fucking stupid. Vaccinations are extremely safe and the benefits far outweigh the small number of hypersensitivity reactions that occur. Such a extremely ridiculous thing to put out there.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
This take by them is fucking stupid. Vaccinations are extremely safe and the benefits far outweigh the small number of hypersensitivity reactions that occur. Such a extremely ridiculous thing to put out there.
I've always found it funny how the covid vaccine is supposed to be scary because of the 0.1% chance of getting an allergic reaction

Let's say I do get an allergic reacton. What, I have to spend an hour in the hospital (which is free where I live) while they look after me and the reaction goes away? Wow, so scary!!!!!

Sep 7, 2020
I've always found it funny how the covid vaccine is supposed to be scary because of the 0.1% chance of getting an allergic reaction

Let's say I do get an allergic reacton. What, I have to spend an hour in the hospital (which is free where I live) while they look after me and the reaction goes away? Wow, so scary!!!!!
Exactly, the number of people who have the acute life threatening Type 1 hypersensitivity reactions is rare. The benefit of preventing highly infectious microbial infections and possible death in a large number of people far outweighs the small chance of an allergic reaction.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Missed that the tweet was threadmarked.

Hold up, the entire context of the press release is missing from both the OP and the website it's quoting. The vaccine line is from a press release regarding an event in ATS/ETS where you deliver vaccines:

EsWP36IXcAIEZHw

This thread makes it seem like they just released a press release for that statement alone.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This might be the worst version of "our games/company is not political" I've ever seem. Any company putting out a statement that puts for and against a vaccine to fucking covid on some even playing field isn't worth taking seriously.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
blog.scssoft.com

Hauling Hope Event

SCS Software's official blog - information, screens & movies from our truck simulator games Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

Not sure why the OP isn't noting this in the OP so that people know why they're saying this.
Yeah, OP not giving the context for the release makes me feel they want the outrage. As someone who actually plays ETS2 and was happy to see the new event, this is really irritating. Can we get the OP updated?

Oct 25, 2017
A little...?

It seems like they're trying to find a balance between not upsetting their anti-vaxxer fans and not upsetting the rest of the internet, and they're tweaking just enough.

A better correction would have been to somehow say that they're pro-vaccine but they obviously didn't want to go that far.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
A little...?

It seems like they're trying to find a balance between not upsetting their anti-vaxxer fans and not upsetting the rest of the internet, and they're tweaking just enough.

A better correction would have been to somehow say that they're pro-vaccine but they obviously didn't want to go that far.
Yeah even with the context, it still was... an attempt at making anti-vaxxers happy. lol

Jan 10, 2018
At first I laughed just as anyone who thinks a truck simulator is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But then I gave it some more thought (and read the full context) and it made more sense. These games are indeed popular (went from 1,000 to 25,000 players daily according to Steam) and they attract real truckers who will be directly involved in the shipping of the vaccine. I guess it has lead to some sensitive discussions within the trucking community and this is the e developers way (for better or worse) to say something about it.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A little...?

I don't think they are saying that at all. They are really just saying not to get into comment wars about this because they wanted to celebrate truckers working their butts off.

Because people were getting into comment wars. This is just then trying to get everyone to calm down about a little event they have running.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
blog.scssoft.com

Hauling Hope Event

This is what happens when you interact with the worse members of society. Don't feed the damn trolls, I thought this would be the first rule for any PR manager.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah even with the context, it still was... an attempt at making anti-vaxxers happy. lol

to be honest, I think it's more about them being flooded with tons of toxicity and struggling to find a way to make it stop.
Not everyone is great at PR, but that's something they'll have to learn after this baptism of fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.