• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing, like fucking comedy gold, how do they even think about all those hilarious frames without some kind of reference!? I wish I had even a percent of the imagination these guys have.

The way they cock their heads back and go "BOO hoo" slayed me. It shows how extra patronizing it is.

Oct 25, 2017

I still laugh when I listen to old South Park songs and remember that Matt and Trey won a Tony

Ok I'm done, you can go back to discussing Mariah Carey again.........I really can't stand any of her songs

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Umm Mariah Carey is an R&B legend and has made better songs than that one Christmas song.

"Always Be My Baby" being one of them.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
You should come to Japan during the winter OP. If you do this song will be ruined for you forever. You will here it EVERYWHERE. Even in the damn restrooms...

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
A few years ago Tim Minchin played White Wine in the Sun on Children in Need, and it absolutely underlines exactly what Christmas means to me. It's beautiful.

The Giant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh get fucked, song is the biggest dogshit ever. I have to listen to this multiple times a day for 5 days a week for 7-8 weeks. Besides Mariah Carey isn't a great singer anyway

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Oh get fucked, song is the biggest dogshit ever. I have to listen to this multiple times a day for 5 days a week for 7-8 weeks. Besides Mariah Carey isn't a great singer anyway

Ill give you a pass on not liking the song but you have serious auditory issues and need to get it checked out asap.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Best Christmas song?
Doesn't even qualify for the competition in my opinion.
To me, a Christmas song is a song about Christmas. This is a love song mentioning Christmas.

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Last Christmas by Wham is the best Christmas song.

St. Alphonzo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like to sing along to Christmas songs by replacing various words in the lyrics with "poo".

All I want for Christmas is a good song for this.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want to do a poo
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is a poo, oooh

etc.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Love it or loathe it, it really was the last Christmas song added to the canon. No one else has managed since and it used to happen every couple of years.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't "do" Xmas music... But I'm always up for some old school Mariah. I did click the "Always Be My Baby" link instead of the OP link though.

The pics don't hurt either. Not at all.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Nah can't stand Mariah Carey, plus the song is just a combination of past Christmas classics. Over hyped in my book. Current christmas songs just can't hold a candle to the classics.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how everyone just forgot that.
The thread about it got locked. No reason was stated, but I assume because of the number of people making light of sexual harassment.

That had the predictable effect of limiting the number of people who heard about it. Which is exactly what people who downplay sexual harassment want.

OP
OP
97_Mentality

97_Mentality

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed in some of you.. no one is saying it's the greatest song or even a good song (I think it's ok) .. the point is to give her props since I think it's the last song that has been added to the classic holiday rotation that plays every year .. there hasn't been one since that has the staying power

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
As well as:

Wizzard's "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday"

Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody"

I'm disappointed in some of you.. no one is saying it's the greatest song or even a good song (I think it's ok) .. the point is to give her props since I think it's the last song that has been added to the classic holiday rotation that plays every year .. there hasn't been one since that has the staying power

Might want to edit your OP then.

Giving us the last greatest Christmas song ...it's the most recent holiday song I'd classify as a classic and deserving of a spot next to the classics from Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby

We still get The Darkness's "Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)" in our rotation in the UK too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhuoY5h2kE

Grizzo

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I'm thankful for Mariah Carey's whole discography to be honest (well, not exactly everything but still, most of it).

But All I Want For Christmas feels overplayed to my ears, I'm a little bit sick of it now :(

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
Giving us the last greatest Christmas song ...it's the most recent holiday song I'd classify as a classic and deserving of a spot next to the classics from Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby
Without further ado
I agree with bold. I mean, I enjoy that William Hung christmas album, but only for funsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.