• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Phase 2 will be all about building up Master of Masters before actually becoming a threat in phase 3 and i doubt FFVersus13 redux will be part of this phase either.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. It already feels more watered down then the first phase, and that was full of pointless side games.

I get the feeling that most jrpgs manage to have more real story in 2-3 entries than kingdome hearts in its whole series, since they use so much of their time to reiterate stuff (CoM, recoded...) or hint at stuff that will come....

Issue is that KH games are usually 90% filler (all of disney). Most of the story happens in first two and last three hours.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Did we already know the Dark Road game had that battle system? Looks just like the other mobile game but with cards.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
KH3 not ending in a way that would make the next mainline game a soft reboot has killed all my interest in this franchise lol

this is ridiculous lol but I'm sure fans love it :/

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Why on earth would anyone want a reboot?
It's tiring with the same characters for years and years. For example KH3 didn't really have new characters and the ones that are introduced in the mobile titles are barely used.

KH1 and KH2 felt like fun, self contained JRPGs. For a while now KH has been running in circles.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
How can anyone ask for a reboot when KH is at the most exciting, weird, fan theory spawning, enaging point in the franchises history since KH2

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Soft reboot is different from starting over from 0.

Again. A soft reboot isn't going to happen. You can't just go "none of that stuff matters anymore". There are too many games and too many characters for the fandom to just accept everything but Sora going away. It's just not possible to reboot KH, soft or otherwise.

It is what it is.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
My God.

As someone who's just now playing through the first game on PS4, after I blindingly bought the all in one package, I can't understand why of this. There are a couple hundred games and spin-offs with dozens of different playing orders. It's overwhelming.

I'm loving the Disney worlds though, as I bought it for that anyway.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
We we'll probably see that rumoured Kingdom Hearts Disney+ series and maybe another game.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The year is 2062

Tetsuya Nomura, now in his early 90s, prepares for the launch of Kingdom Hearts 6. The final game in the Kingdom Hearts Saga.

In retirement homes throughout the world people boot up their Playstation X Mind Chips to play.

40 hours later and they finish the game. The credits roll, and the final scene begins. This is it. What 60 years of dedicated playing and countless forum posts complaining about 'how young people should just play the games and stop complaining' have all been leading up to.

Sora finally returns home after defeating the source of the darkness: The Darkness. He opens the door and on his bed sits Noctis

The screen fades to black, and text appears:

Kingdom Hearts = Final Fantasy Versus XIII Part 1

A New Saga Begins.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Way less games planned right now, at least.

I guarantee you Nomura didn't plan for 9 games in the first arc initially.

But back then he didn't mention anything like a plan to begin with.
This seems too specific for that to happen.
I think what we are seeing here is pretty much written in stone and adjustments will only happen to the inevitable phase 3 in which we will fight together with the MoM against the TRUE villain that the MoM has secretly prepared us for all along

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm still surprised that Disney lets em do whatever the hell they want