• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Probably for that exact reason. It's still being tweaked. I feel like there's a lot more to manage this time around with game libraries, upgrades, cloud saves etc.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
It's probabaly coming. I'm juat glad they showed games running on their system this close to launch.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
Have we seen the full Series X UI? Not trolling, genuinely asking.
news.xbox.com

Xbox One and Xbox Series X UX Gets a Fresh Look and Streamlined Experience - Xbox Wire

Last week Chris Novak, Head of Xbox Research and Design, shared our vision of a unified Xbox Experience that puts gamers at the center, enabling them to stay connected to their games, friends and communities. It’s a vision we have been building toward for over a year, culminating with the...

50 days is still a long ass time.

Some people can't even preorder this thing lol
Agreed. A UI is just a UI lol, so long as it's fast what does it really matter at the end of the day.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
50 days is still a long ass time.

Some people can't even preorder this thing lol

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Pretty sure it's the same UI that's in the Preview Program right now.
It's the same as the one rolling on on Xbox One right now.
they launched already for the X1
Okie dokie, thanks! Well, I'd certainly like to see it, but I'm also okay waiting another couple weeks. I'm sure they'll want to do either an in-house demonstration of some kind or have someone like Digital Foundry or IGN do one.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okie dokie, thanks! Well, I'd certainly like to see it, but I'm also okay waiting another couple weeks. I'm sure they'll want to do either an in-house demonstration of some kind or have someone like Digital Foundry or IGN do one.

im guessing it's because how they want to keep everyone guessing every week and the engagement levels.Its the Same we haven't seen a game run on the series X probably holding it back as well for engagement.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Here's a screenshot of the UI:
screenshot_20200926-0w4jmy.jpg

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Still a long time to go. Not sure why people have become so impatient. Have not seen this happen with other products.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it'll be fine. I have an SSD in my PS4 now and the UI is super fast. I just hope it launches with themes because themes are fun

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
More importantly we haven't even got a teardown. It's all the fault of you guys calling it chunky.

OP
OP
wachie

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still a long time to go. Not sure why people have become so impatient. Have not seen this happen with other products.
PS4 UI was shown ~90 days before release. I know people like to say COVID! but of all the aspects of managing a console launch, the UI should be the easiest. Like I said it should be the easiest to tweak/refine/change by launch. Like Jawmuncher pointed out, could be due to patent related reasons, waiting on something to clear perhaps.

More importantly we haven't even got a teardown. It's all the fault of you guys calling it chunky.
PS4 teardown was a week before launch, I'm not holding my breath for that one.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so pressed about the UI? Whatever you imagine in your head is probably 90% of the way there. We're past the days of blades and other offbeat but impractical designs. I'm sure it'll be a row of icons to launch a game and some menu bits around the edges.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
I believe they have their own calendar set and ready. They are following their own path, there is still time to see and hear about games, features, UI, BC etc. A little bit of patience can go a long way.

Thanks OP for your reply, I would be surprised if patents are keeping it from appearing but is a possibility.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I bet October is gonna be full of influencers fucking around with these machines. You are gonna get sick of your Youtube recs being nothing but PS5/XSX videos pretty soon.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Probably for that exact reason. It's still being tweaked. I feel like there's a lot more to manage this time around with game libraries, upgrades, cloud saves etc.
Might be why they haven't done a deep dive. But I am surprised they didn't do a glimpse of the UI as a tease during the last event.

Could it be due to patent concerns?
Like what? I've honestly never heard console UI and patent mentioned together before

Here's a screenshot of the UI:
screenshot_20200926-0w4jmy.jpg
LOL. I'm down.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I imagine it's very similar to the PS4 front-end. It seems like that's the UX path they keep going for since The PS3 XMB. I'm not expecting revolutionary changes.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
We still don't know how it smells or tastes. Sony should be ASHAMED.

I can't wait until launch day when the shelves are full of PS5s because nobody knew what the UI was going to be, and hated it so much that they returned their console. Then they can stop by the pharmacy and use the money for their medication.