• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Ocarina, Majoras Mask, Conkers and Goldeneye would be a cool start.

edit: these are not third party games, sorry.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought about third party games and then realized all my N64 games were first party, but fair call out.

I know, haha. I tried to think of good third party games I enjoyed on the N64 back in the day myself, but third party games really wasn't a field where the N64 was particularly strong IMO. I would've said Wave Race 64, but that was first party too..

ShotyMcFat

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love to see tetrisphere rerelease.

Edit: Also bomber man, chameleon twist, Starwars SotE, Mischief makers, hot wheels turbo racing and destruction derby.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Remake of Mario 64 with the main game content of Mario 64 DS.

Banjo games and Diddy Kong Racing deserve a port.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
I thought it said 3D party games, rather than 3rd party, and I was eager to mention a Pokémon Stadium 1&2 minigame collection 😅 ...

In that case:
- Goemon games
- Jet Force Gemini Edit: 2nd party
- Rocket: Robot on Wheels
- Space Station Silicon Valley

Last edited:

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
You call 4 games a renaissance? Most games would benefit from less fog and better controls. I would love to see a Super Mario 64 remaster or remake. Also that Goldeneye remake they made for the 360.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I'd pay good money for a remaster of Sucker Punch first game, Rocket Robot on Wheels

And Rayman 2 too, although that's not just a n64 game of course. I know it feels weird to ask for a rayman 2 port after it being literally a meme for being ported to everything until last last decade, but it's missing on an HD console

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone made a Superman 64 mod that improves the game? If not, imagine a Superman 64 remaster that had fixed mechanics.

Oct 27, 2017
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon

Let the record show that the support for this first post is overwhelming:

1st post nails it.

tbh the only 3rd party N64 game i'd actually play again (aside from others simply being "nice to have")
And we're done here. [...]
First post etc. [...]
Please god, let this happen.
Yes please, with wide-screen support, HD/4K upres and glorious 5.1 original soundtrack :D
IMPACT!

This one right fucking here.

Let me go beat these dudes with my weed pipe then go super Saiyan and throw flaming money at them before jumping into my roller skating giant Mecha in 4K with Ray tracing.
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
This and Goemon's Great Adventure please and thank you 🙇‍♂️
I agree with Goemon and Castlevania mentions. [...]
Well these were going to be my 5 suggestions lol [...]
The Goemon games for sure. The second one is probably the best in the series...
Sin & Punishment
Castlevania
Goemon
Hybrid Heaven
Winback
Mischief Makers
Orge Battle
Hybrid Heaven
Goemon
Ogre Battle
Rogue Squadron
Mission : Impossible
And I'd kill for more Jet Force Gemini.
I thought it said 3D party games, rather than 3rd party, and I was eager to mention a Pokémon Stadium 1&2 minigame collection 😅 ...

In that case:
- Goemon games
- Jet Force Gemini Edit: 2nd party
- Rocket: Robot on Wheels
- Space Station Silicon Valley

Alas, it seems the Goemon.com domain no longer redirects, which marks a decline in prospects, compared to 2018:
Thread Title: Konami Grabs Goemon.com Domain [April 6 2018]
Konami just recently purchased the Goemon.com domain after years of neglection. And now if one clicks the link it will direct to Japanese Goemon site. (via gonintendo)​
While this isn't straight up confirmation of new Goemon game on the horizon. Konami did express interest in reviving other dormant ips. (source)​
With Super Bomberman R selling nearly 1 million copies on Switch alone, Konami revisiting other legacy ips like Goemon doesn't seem that far fetched.​

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I'd buy any racing game from that era, especially Top Gear Overdrive.

220px-Top_Gear_Overdrive_Coverart.png

I never played this game, but I just watched it online...and this game looks pretty good.

I didn't have the expansion pack, that's probably why.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Let the record show that the support for this first post is overwhelming:

Alas, it seems the Goemon.com domain no longer redirects, which marks a decline in prospects, compared to 2018:
I knew it would be a big hit lol. People bring it up on here all the time, it truly is a gem of the N64.

I rarely try for "first posts' but seeing the thread title there was only one game to me that matters most.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Paper Mario would be enough for me. It's crazy they made it available on Wii and Wii U, but for some unknown reason decided to not release this on the Switch.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I knew it would be a big hit lol. People bring it up on here all the time, it truly is a gem of the N64.

I rarely try for "first posts' but seeing the thread title there was only one game to me that matters most.

Iki mahyo ka!!!!!

-crawls like a worm-

We got drunk and literally died of laughter from Ebisumaru alone.

mystical ninja is such a Fantastic game.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably the only one, but I'd love Yoshi's Story HD.

Also WWF No Mercy! Keep everything the same, except just upgrade the visuals.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Iki mahyo ka!!!!!

-crawls like a worm-

We got drunk and literally died of laughter from Ebisumaru alone.

mystical ninja is such a Fantastic game.
Thinking back around the same time as when I became an anime fan through DBZ, Sailor Moon, and Gundam Wing I was hearing my first Japanese songs in the "Theme from Mystical Ninja" and "I am Impact". I think Konami not dubbing the game at all and electing for subtitles may have been a big reason why I started preferring Japanese audio over an English dub for just about anything and everything out of Japan. Only about 5 years later I would switch from a big Power Rangers fan into watching Super Sentai exclusively for instance.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want Majoras Mask to get a true remake from the ground up by Nintendo themselves.

I really want to see Termina explored more and expanded on. Nintendo needs a spookier side to them, when they do it, it's amazing.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing all the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon support in here broke my heart 😭❤
I'd take Mischief Makers too but I think the visual overhaul it'd need would be a much bigger hurdle.

...anyway I get that it's "second party" (TIL...) but screw it.

TETRISPHERE

...I couldn't see myself actually playing Snowboard Kids 1/2 again, but I see y'all. You have my emotional support axe.

I need a follow-up with Yae to complete the badass green-haired anime gal trifecta 😭