• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Space Station Silicon Valley, DMA Design (now Rockstar North) real classic for N64:
51JAMW93C8L._AC_.jpg

Original game is also pretty buggy so a new port to modern platforms would be the perfect occasion to fix them.

They were fixed in the PS1 version.

But yeah, Wetrix

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, to answer the question actually posed, I'd personally go for

Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-O
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
Gauntlet Legends
Goemon's Great Adventure
Hybrid Heaven
Jet Force Gemini (if that counts)
Mega Man 64
WinBack
Wonder Project J2: Corlo no Mori no Josette

Some of those may have better versions elsewhere, but I'll take them however I can.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Beetle Adventure Racing
Extreme-G
Mission: Impossible
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
San Francisco Rush 1, 2, 2049
Winback
WWF No Mercy

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
My man. Why there's never been another turn-based RPG battle system based on wrestling moves, I'll never know.
Yeah, Hybrid Heaven's battle system (real time but menu driven and with mixed martial arts techniques) and growth system (the more you do something the better you get in the pertaining areas) were quite original.
Animations were also good for the time.
A bit repetitive but the hook was all on the combats and making your character a bad ass martial artist.

tumblr_nrnsifWZH31s3uawvo1_500.gif

EDIT:
cruisn world and usa

exotica doesnt exist
Bizarrely enough Nintendo own the rights of the Cruis'n series (it's first-party).
So unless someone reach out and can get the license (like the recent Cruis'n game for arcades by Raw Thrills) it's unlikely we will ever get remake of those two.

Last edited:

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Came to post Rocket, but OP already had it.

1080 and Wave Race with actual framerates would be nice. Mega Man Legends counts too cause it got an N64 port.

Neversoft Spider-Man would be great.

Playing the 3D Castlevanias with functional controls would be super interesting.

Oct 26, 2017
ROCKET! Sanzaru Games was perfect for this as they took over Sly, but now that Facebook of all places bought them, well there goes that dream. :(

Would've been amazing to see that made specifically for Switch first (with ports to others after), since Crash and Spyro clearly were remade with PS4 in mind, since Rocket was on N64 instead of PS1 which is surreal.

I THINK Ubisoft owns the IP. They own the trademark according to a trademark site I looked up a bit ago (Trademarkia I think?), so it can happen on Switch.

If not Sanzaru, then maybe Ubisoft Milan. I mean they are right now Ubisoft's premier studio of cartoony games and already made Mario + Rabbids in Snowdrop and it's absolutely stellar. So a Rocket remake exclusively on Switch (or at least specifically) in Snowdrop would be huge.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
A single mention of Ogre Battle 64!?

You monsters, the answer is Ogre Battle 64. Also - Mischief Makers, the Bomberman games.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
The Rush trilogy, but specially 2 which is exclusive to the Nintendo 64 and also happen to be the best arcade racing game ever made.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
Sin & Punishment
Castlevania
Goemon
Hybrid Heaven
Winback
Mischief Makers
Orge Battle

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Sin & Punishment
Castlevania
Hybrid Heaven
Winback
Mischief Makers
Orge Battle

Hybrid Heaven was such a weirdly compelling game. I would never have called it good, and it was sorely limited in many ways, but the gameplay systems were so utterly interesting that it's a shame they were never followed up.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Why does it have to be third-party? I want a Mario Party 1-3 remaster, complete with fully functioning online.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of Doom 64, are any of these actually based on the N64 versions?

Even Racer is I'd wager the GoG release from 2018 and not the N64 version.

Also like, 1 dev team has made 80 percent of the ports talked about lol.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I mean I wouldn't have any arguments against Perfect Dark being ported free from the constraints of the low FPS on N64.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I demand an incredibly faithful yet amazing-looking remake of Wave Race 64.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue Squadron
Shadows Of The Empire (well, more full remake, but whatever)
Star Fox 64
Cruisin USA/World
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2/No Mercy (no need for the WCW games other than having those rosters, both of these two games play better)
Bomberman 64 & the sequel game
1080 Snowboarding
Wayne Gretzsky 3D Hockey

I'm so mad this was never released. :((
You can get something similar going pretty well with emulators, though. Not the same, sure, but it works surprising well once you map the analog stick to the right stick and map Dpad movement to the left analog stick.

madmook

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Nightmare Creatures. I remember it being difficult and clunky and I don't think I beat it, but for some reason I feel like I wanna play it again.