• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Title isn't terribly serious because two of these are "serious" skateboarding games and two of these are THPS-adjacent, but I'm into both of these things so whatever. Look at this shit:

Skater XL:

Wave Break:

Session:

This guy's untitled rollerblading shotgun action game:

one more after the media limit post break:

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Never heard of Wave Break. I have zero faith in Session after playing the demo though. That rollerblading game looks awesome though.

While I'm not really invested in a new Skate game I follow all this stuff and pass it on to my younger brother who doesn't follow games like I do. He's a diehard fan of Skate.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
It will never be like Gen 6 when it was at their best...but at least I'm glad we are getting skateboarding games again.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget Tony Hawk's Skate Jam!

But for real though, Wave Break is more of my type of skateboarding game. Less physics, less realism please.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
There is also a aggressive inline skating game called "on a roll" being worked on. It was kickstarted I believe, it might be on steam early access but I'm not sure. The rollerblading community has been "testing" it for several years. The graphics are not bad but the animations are horrible and I really don't think it will ever be completely released. All though the developer did tweet a pic of it running on ps4 a couple of months ago.

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Real Question: if we created a Kickstarter for say $25m , could we convince EA to move their Black Box devs onto Skate 4?

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Give the fans what they want, an 85+ score on metacritic tony hawk game, there must be plans for a THPS6

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Oh God, why didn't anyone think of adding a shotgun to THPS before now? It was such an obvious move!

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
There is also a aggressive inline skating game called "on a roll" being worked on. It was kickstarted I believe, it might be on steam early access but I'm not sure. The rollerblading community has been "testing" it for several years. The graphics are not bad but the animations are horrible and I really don't think it will ever be completely released. All though the developer did tweet a pic of it running on ps4 a couple of months ago.
On A Roll is playable on steam for backers and i think is in Early Access. It needs some work, but it's definitely in a playable/fun shape.

Edit: yes i backed it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No we're not, not until it returns
Disney%27s_Extreme_Skate_Adventure.jpg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed that Session got delayed but it also received another boost in funding so hopefully it turns into something special

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Yo that Skate XL looks dope. Is it coming to console?

Also, SkateRide looks like 720 which I'm totally down for.

TwoPikachus

Nov 15, 2018
Skate XL looks promising.
Wavebreak looks like a fun consolation if the former doesn't pan out.
Skatebirb looks like something I'll play for a couple of afternoons then never play again but not regret the purchase at all.

Session has supremely bad controls. I backed it, I want to like it, but I just don't. And they don't plan to fix it because it's a design decision they're committed to.

EDIT: I picked up Skater XL and it's fine. Controls are closer to Session which was a disappointment, but it's easier to control at least. Still doesn't really scratch the itch of Skate - why can't anyone replicate that game's controls?

Controls aside, the physics are pretty good for the alpha status and it feels kind of satisfying, but has next to no content so for $20 you're getting practically nothing. Hopefully they can make a complete game out of this. On a personal level though I don't think I'll be buying back into it.

Last edited:

eddietree

Dec 11, 2018
LA
Wave Break dev here 👋

honored to be part of this list, and really cool to see a THPS-inspired zeitgeist forming. 2019 is going to be awesome

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
This also.

And to add to that atleast Session was playable, but man was it not good IMO. I know they still have time to change that but some of the control choices were just bad if I'm remembering correctly.
I think the control scheme is hate isn't warranted. Once you get used to the controls, it plays fine and makes a lot of sense.

With that being said though, I think Skater XL's control scheme is better.

Also in terms of animations and stuff like that in Session currently of course it's a Development build. Once it gets closer to release it will probably look and play a lot better.