• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
The first Mega Man Battle Network game was released in Japan on March 21 2001.

Sure would be nice if we could get even the tiniest bit of a hint we're getting a collection or two, but I'll try to keep my expectations low.

What about you, do you think we're getting anything on the 21st?

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
Hopes: Mega Man Battle Network Collection

Expectations: A phone wallpaper with a MMBN 20th Anniversary emblem on it

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Nothing. MM is a dead IP. RIP MML3 and the rest of the gang

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Nada. Also still wondering what actual new game they have in development. Already been more than 3 years since MM11 was announced.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Have people been paying attention at all? lol. MM11 is still fresh and Capcom are releasing collections at a clip. I think an expectation of a Battle Network collection is certainly possible.

Sep 19, 2020
Have people been paying attention at all? lol. MM11 is still fresh and Capcom are releasing collections at a clip. I think an expectation of a Battle Network collection is certainly possible.

I dunno if I'd call 11 fresh at this point. It's been a couple years. Either way, I agree. Capcom's been on a weird tear the last couple of years. If Zero could get a collection, BN is possible. The only question would be if BT and ...Star Force? are included.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
I expect nothing but I hope for a Battle Network Legacy Collection. It is all I need for all of the major Mega Man games all being on one system.

Mind you I'm not counting the Legends games as I don't think Capcom has any desire to acknowledge them again. :(

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I would hope for some sort of collection. As to how they'll package/frame it or if they'll even offer all the games remains to be seen.

By this time last year the ZX collection was already announced and released so I'm wondering if they'll even hit a 2021 time frame this time.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The only question would be if BT and ...Star Force? are included.
They won't

the Collections are pretty straight forward with just mainline entries. I guess ZX happened but that collection was small without it, BN would be 9 games (awkwardly split?). At best I expect being able to choose what game version you want for the latter entries

I'd love em all tho

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously an announcement of a new trilogy in the series

Deleted member 44122

im not expecting anything but im hoping for a collection or 2

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there someone here with a known track record concerning megaman that a BN collection and new mobile game is coming?

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Wasn't there someone here with a known track record concerning megaman that a BN collection and new mobile game is coming?
He only said that a Battle Network mobile game was in development and was supposed to be released at the end of last year. Likely got delayed due to Covid. And that a new game has been in development since early 2019.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I believe the collection(s) will be coming soon but I don't expect anything necessarily around this anniversary. Would love to be proven wrong but yeah I feel like we're 6-12 months from the next MM collection.

Omniblack

Jul 10, 2020
Thanks for the reminder. I'll do my yearly turning on my copy of battle network 6 (falzar) and injecting that nostalgia straight into my veins.

Did turn it on one summer and found my save gone...fun 2 weeks of replaying the game and collecting every chip possible bar a few. Not expecting anything for the anniversary though.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He only said that a Battle Network mobile game was in development and was supposed to be released at the end of last year. Likely got delayed due to Covid. And that a new game has been in development since early 2019.

Hmm I guess the collection was an assumption due to them already porting the classic, X and Zero games and that BN and Starforce would be next.

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Wait a new Battle Network game or a new mega man game in general?
Just new game in general. Many assume X9 after this description stated in the X Legacy Collection 1&2 soundtrack after X8: "The story of X's fight is not yet over."
DiW2a34U8AAoru6.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Hopefully we'll get a collection. There's nothing weird that would prevent it from existing, is there? A bunch of the games already got rereleased on Wii U.

I hope the GameCube game is part of the collection too. Just for completion.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Let's go all out and say that we will get a new Mega Man Battle Network teaser, but it will be a spinoff of Mega Man Battle Network mainline.

I'm all about that denial.....

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I was just thinking about this earlier. Battle Network is the only Mega Man I care about so I'll be disappointed if they don't at least make a legacy collection.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
A mobile game most likely if there are any game announcements to be made.

What I would like are the old games with visual upgrades in a collection but thats probably way more money than they want to spend. Spritework is expensive and will never get any less expensive because its a skill fewer and fewer people have as time goes on.