• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do you feel about the current boxart?

• I like it

• It is fine

• I dislike it

Results are only viewable after voting.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I was really hoping at some point we would get a boxart revision after they unveiled it earlier this year. As it is now I still think it is one of the worst Nintendo boxarts I can think of and as a physical gamer I am not looking to having it on my shelf.

latest

Was there ever a petition or anything? I know it is kind of a trivial issue, but come on. Think how the Switch Icon will look Neiteio!

Edit: Mods please feel free to fix the "is is" in my title.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that really bothers me is that the yellow weapon doesn't align at the bottom. Otherwise, it's fine.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
We already mocked it before and it's infamous detached bow, not much can he done now

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The only thing that really bothers me is that the yellow weapon doesn't align at the bottom. Otherwise, it's fine.
I think it's the top of a recurve bow viewed at a slight angle, isn't it?

Personally I'm never a fan of these montages where the whole cast are out of scale with each other as it just looks bashed together in photoshop rather than a single piece of art. Having Claude upside-down is just weird.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine to me honestly. My switch games only show their spine on my shelf anyway. Doesn't matter either way to me.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I'm holding out hope for a reversible cover with the characters after the time skip maybe. The upside down dude just kills it for me.

OP
OP
StraySheep

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I'm holding out hope for a reversible cover with the characters after the time skip maybe. The upside down dude just kills it for me.

To those asking what was wrong with it, this is the biggest problem obviously. But I also don't like the dopey position and expressions of the avatars and I think the overall combination of colors is jarring.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The designs and tech of this release are kind of a wash to be honest. I don't think I've seen a single straight line in all the preview footage (sooooo many jaggies) >.>

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I like it, personally. Upside down Claude's goofy, but otherwise I find it quite aesthetically pleasing.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Boxart in general has taken a backseat due to the rise of digital distribution. Why spend time and money on designing a lavish beautiful box that collects dust on your shelf when you can slap some concept/promotional art together and call it a day? This box actually looks like it was put together, and that alone puts it higher than most games these days.
The design itself isn't great but unless there's a real controversy, its time to embrace subpar boxart.

Or learn to make them yourself. That's what I did.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
It's not good, honestly. I don't know who makes the call but it really feels like they just awkwardly threw together some character art.

Maybe something a little more abstract would've been nice. Awakening is probably the GOAT.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It's fine imo. Everyone is focusing on upside down Claude, when, for me, what's look not that great on the box art, is the tiny male and female protagonist just standing there on the middle.
The top of the cover is cool. Their position and the use of the color of their mantle is reminescent of a flag, it looks cool.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
They should go all out and add a "U mad?" text-bubble to upsidedown Claude.

And i said before, i'm going to say it again: If Claude's crit animation doesn't have him make a backflip and fire the arrow the moment he's upside down, IS failed.

OP
OP
StraySheep

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
It's fine imo. Everyone is focusing on upside down Claude, when, for me, what's look not that great on the box art, is the tiny male and female protagonist just standing there on the middle.
The top of the cover is cool. Their position and the use of the color of their mantle is reminescent of a flag, it looks cool.

Yes the cover would be much better without the protags there.

Last thing I will say and then I get back to work. I guess if you think about it of course it is too late. But it is just a damn shame then.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost bought the special edition in part because of how ugly the boxart is. Once the Nintendo online vouchers were revealed I decided to just get it digitally, though.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Way too late unfortunately, but I agree it's absolutely horrible and one of the worst boxarts I've seen Nintendo put out.