• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
The current quality of their software line up has been consistently outstanding over the last several years.

A portion of this output was actually on the Wii U but as that system failed to find an audience, the games didn't get the exposure they deserved.

Many of the titles released are contenders for best game in series which are sometimes 25-30 years old.

In terms of the amount of games Nintendo are releasing and the quality of them, I'd say Nintendo were absolutely untouchable at the moment.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
It's pretty neat to be playing on a Nintendo system right now.

A little too neat in fact, since there just isnt enough time to play all the games I want, and this is not even considering the other platforms which I also play.

Here's hoping for a continued success at least! A healthy Nintendo brand is great for everyone.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are definitely at the top of their game right now, and I can't see that momentum being broken for the foreseeable future.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not that i disagree - but we have had this thread or similar ones very often in the recent past.

It is known. Their current momentum is nuts.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yep. i think nintendo is in absolute top form with the switch. finally, after so many years, being able to focus all their efforts on a single platform is probably the biggest reason.
and also i think the wii u absolutely bombing is a helping factor too. people are excited for these games that they know are good, but they just couldn't be bothered to get the platform they were on.

i think some people lack perspective, tbh. just look at output by any other publisher (1st or 3rd party). the volume of games, most of them good ones, that nintendo puts out each year is absolutely crazy and now that they're all on one single platform it makes it seem all the more impressive.

Dodoow

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo became my main console and that's one of the best feeling I ever had in my gaming years.
Really enjoying the small things Nintendo is doing in their games
I don't even touch the other consoles anymore and it feels good too.
Also because Ibroke free from achievements, trophies, MTX, Lootboxes.

And yet, no Metroid.

This indeed is sad.
I really hope we hear something @ TGS this year.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
There is certainly a good argument to be made that a lot of their first party games are among the best entries in the series.

Some can be debated, but they are all at the least very good
Zelda BotW ✔
Mario Kart 8 ✔
Smash ✔
3D Mario ✔
Fire Emblem ✔
Mario Party ✔
(kirby?)
Also upcoming games like luigi's mansion, Animal crossing etc all look to be winners.

I think only Yoshi and Mario Tennis were a bit more mediocre and not among the best in the series.

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't think Nintendo has ever lost momentum if we talk of their first-party output. Simply put, the Switch has the 3rd party support Nintendo has struggled to receive since the SNES. From that point of view, yes, the Switch is absolutely one of their best consoles.

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
I don't agree with your Argument ManCityX
This implies that before they didn't manage to deliver consitantly outstanding games before. I would say that besides Odyssey and botw there was not much outstanding.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's all the same shit. We're going to pretend Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Platrformers weren't good to great in past generations?

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
I like my Switch so much atm, that it might become my main-console and i'll get a PC instead of PS4 and XB1. Great time to be a Nintendo boi!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
We have the exact same threads going on about the Switch missing some OS features, so I see no reason why we can't have another thread talking about their outstanding software.
Just not a fan of reaction threads - everyone with a half functioning brain knows that Nintendo is on a great run.

All the games you listed have gotten great reviews and been charting every since released. If you had at least listed some more recent releases and not games that game out 2 years ago. Just dont see what new insight this thread provides.

PS. Thread-wining is a no-go....so im gonna drop it for now, since im not disagreeing with your point lol.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they have nothing for the rest of the system's life?
well a lot of their series are once-per-system. so the option are gonna be more limited as time goes on.

smash is already done
mario kart is done
splatoon is done
soon animal crossing is going to be done
mario maker is done
after botw 2, 3D zelda will be done
etc

it's not like they have an unlimited pool of IPs they can use to make games for the system. and while new IPs like arms or astral chain are good, you can't sustain a whole system only on new IPs.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Shame they still don't have a good online infrastructure though. So many great games that would be amazing with a proper online suite. Super Mario Party for instance - it's not always easy to get 4 friends together and this shit would be amazing online.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the quality and consistency of their output but I wish their remasters and re-releases were a bit less frequent.

Though I guess it would help if I stopped buying them...

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
I 100% agree. Having owned the PS4 since launch I went into a phase of losing interest in gaming (outside of Bloodborne most PS4 exclusives haven't engaged me as much as ones on the PS3). Mostly gamed on my PC and then Switch turned it all around. I've re-ignited my interest in multiple genres of games and the portability has been a godsend with my limited gaming time. Nintendo really have a winning streak atm.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
User Banned (2 weeks): Threadwhining and extensive history of platforming warring
And the next Nin hype thread....

Putting all these threads on ignore hurts my finger :/

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I'll always love Nintendo. They have been release amazing games since Wii U. Still sucks how bad the Wii U did but it makes sense but there's no better Nintendo than when they are in panic mode.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Just fucking wait til they make the next generational leap.

Shit is gonna be absolutely nuts.

And Nintendo has almost always had "underpowered" tech.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sitting here looking at my Switch, wondering how many updates I'll have to install when the next game I want to play is released. I can't wait for that game, whatever it is, but it wasn't in that last Direct, or the 4 before it.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
They're doing alright. They were doing better during the SNES era, though. They also had the best hardware at the time.

Oct 30, 2017
well a lot of their series are once-per-system. so the option are gonna be more limited as time goes on.

after botw 2, 3D zelda will be done

it's not like they have an unlimited pool of IPs they can use to make games for the system. and while new IPs like arms or astral chain are good, you can't sustain a whole system only on new IPs.

And yet, we know a 3D Zelda sequel is coming to Switch...

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
i think it's safe to say sakamoto is working on another one.

I loved Zero Mission, but I didn't care for the art direction, look, and feel of Samus Returns on the 3DS. I hope they can return to atmosphere of earlier titles, as opposed to being defined by overwhelming greens, purples, etc. I think Metroid should look a little spooky.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 4067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been saying it since Wii U

DK Tropical Freeze and BOTW are top 3 Nintendo games

Too bad Odyssey sucked

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hard to be enthusiastic when it's released 2 of your least favourite iterations in your favourite series (BoTW and Let's Go)

Smash is good, that's all I'll give it.

And too many Wii U ports for my own taste. Heck, the last direct ended with the grand reveal of a Wii port.

I've played these games already!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
see where it goes. nintendo tends to roll on a boom and bust cycle.

not trying to be negative though, i don't see them slowing down any time soon

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It just feels like such a mini-miracle to have all this ...

banjo_kazooie_smash_mumbo_jumbo-772x400.png

large.jpg

Switch_FFVII_01.jpg

the-witcher-3-switch.jpg

28b61e16dfaa8dc0fbaa1f4777a3db884d6be95e653c4d4a79038b7860d063de.jpg

doom_eternal_urban_assault_1920.0.jpg

dragon-quest-xi-nintendo-switch.jpg

mortal-kombat-11_4.jpg

marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-review-with-medium-power-comes-medium-responsibility-1563462017650.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

metroid-kraid-625x351.jpg

On a device you can just put into your coat pocket. It just feels like magic.