• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these first seasons will be most respected amongst our peers?

• Rings of Power

Votes: 60 52.6%
  • House of Dragon

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • Andor

Votes: 19 16.7%

• Total voters

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
House of the Dragon on August 21st, Andor on the 31st, and Rings of Power on September the 2nd. Brehs. 3 huge properties with all new TVs shows premiering in a span of 12 days. What a time to be alive!

Which are you most pumped to see the premiere of?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With Cobra Kai one week later.
My hype for these shows:
Andor - if it reviews well I'll give it a shot but I've been kind of disappointed by Disney+ shows other than Mandalorian and Wandavision.
House of Dragon - yes, I'll give this a shot although my hype is tempered with the disappointment of how GoT ended.
Rings of Power - this one looks pretty incredible. Can't wait.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly feels like the streaming AAAs/killer apps are starting to adapt to schedules pretty well now and become a decent cycle.
particularly if you have a couple services

Hawkeye-> Boba-> MoonKnight-> Kenobi-> Marvel-> Andor & She Hulk-> Bad Batch S2-> Willow-> Mandalorian S3-> Ahsoka
Netflix had Stranger Things and Umbrella Academy this summer(among loads of other stuff)
Amazon had Reacher-> Outer Range -> The Boys -> Terminal List -> Paper Girls -> Lord of the Rings.

For me atm
1. Rings of Power
2. Andor
3. House of Dragon

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
After seeing the latest LOTR trailer…wow, shit looks amazing. We're spoiled af in terms of big budget fantasy and sci-fi television.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ been feeding me for months straight, but I'll be happy to have sci-fi/fantasy that's not Marvel or Star Wars.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Didn't realize house of the dragon was coming so soon. Mildly excited for that but definitely all in on rings of power. Andor I'm lukewarm on since It's Disney+ but I'll definitely be there for Diego Luna.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
With how shite Disney shows are in general, especially star wars I'll take Rings of Power and House of the Dragon.

Didn't even know there was another star wars thing about to launch.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
  1. House of the Dragon
  2. Rings of power
  3. She-Hulk
Star wars stuff is like pretty bottom of the list of interest.

For other stuff not S1, excited for Harley Quinn, Primal.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
First i'm hearing about Andor. Ehh doesn't really hype me at all, considering I haven't watched yet any of the star wars spin off series.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i like to think im a nerd and a geek but i have no idea what any of those three are.

dont really watch new tv shows these days.. they all seem so derivative. i liked the first seasons of Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and The Expanse but they like everything went downhill fast and i just get nothing out of shows, not for the past few years. Raised by Wolves was interesting but they cancelled that of course, so i dunno why i even bothered watching two whole seasons.

everyone recommended Severance.. it was ok. will probably suck going forward, like everything. or if it stays interesting they'll cancel it. meh.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Andor day one and I'll probably watch at least an episode or two of House of Dragons to decide if I'll commit or not.

Rings of Power hasn't done anything to really wow me yet, I may wait to see if it's worth jumping into after the fact.