• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Let me answer this with an original eastmen post

forum.beyond3d.com

Xbox Series X|S Backward Compatibility Enhancements Detailed [XSX|S BC]

Key snippet: Ronald also spoke with IGN, and when asked if "thousands" meant that the goal was every single Xbox One game – in addition the hundreds of Xbox 360 and original Xbox games already compatible with Xbox One that will also play on Xbox Series X – Ronald said, "The goal is definitely...
I uh... what

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
dribbble-500-animated.gif

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
From what I have heard from Polish devs, this seems quite possible. There are certainly 2 consoles but afaik price point seemingly hasn't been decided yet. Microsoft is willing to take a big loss on every single unit, though.

What is more, I heard that Microsoft was trying to acquire couple and successfully acquired one of the biggest Polish game devs which will also be announced on July event.

If true, interesting.

I actually went to look up some big polish game devs as none popped in my head. Ones I found were, Techland, Bloober team, People can fly.

I won't even consider CD Projekt Red, cz that seems highly unlikely

Let me answer this with an original eastmen post

forum.beyond3d.com

Xbox Series X|S Backward Compatibility Enhancements Detailed [XSX|S BC]

Key snippet: Ronald also spoke with IGN, and when asked if "thousands" meant that the goal was every single Xbox One game – in addition the hundreds of Xbox 360 and original Xbox games already compatible with Xbox One that will also play on Xbox Series X – Ronald said, "The goal is definitely...

lmao the fk did I just read

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
No way are they taking a heavy loss for lockhart and series x along with the loss they're already taking for gamepass just for a chance to be competitive next gen. Do people really think Microsoft will sell next gen for cheaper than a switch?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the rumour is true, but this forum has a really fucking bad history of MASS DOUBT and shit coming true lately "no way this is impossible etc etc" and then later on "oh wow /crawl into cave"

Sooooo it wouldn't surprise me either way

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Next Gen thirst is real! Next we will have 100 page threads with "insider info" from MisterXMedia and TimDog

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The $400 console is arguably the most believable part of the rumor.

There's also:
- MS is in talks to acquire 5 studios
- MS reaching out to WB
- MS is aiming to release 6 AAA games per year, on top of their non-AAA releases.
Not buying this, unless they redefine AAA or include remasters. That kind of volume would be incredible for their internal studios.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Has MS come out and said they expect to make profit on every console sold? Getting boxes into living rooms is more important than making profit on them, especially now with gamepass and the like, so I can easily see them eating the cost and putting something out for $400. I'm guessing even at $500 they''d probably be selling at a loss.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$400 wouldn't be enough to get me to switch.

That said, the idea of the Series X being $400 is farcical.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
But from what I"ve heard from all my sources July isn't about sony , July is about the industry and they want it to be a night of mic drops . They are going to come hard with the strategy they have been building up to for years and they want google , amazon , apple , sony and yes Nintendo to shaken up . So expect a series of Mic drop moments followed by the price being the key part of all this.

This sounds like complete drivel.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Jeez, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see that shit as "throwaway money". Do we have Saudi princes posting here or some shit? I am a grown-ass man, and I can buy a new console without starving to death, but that isn't the type of money I would be thoughtless with.
Average income on Era is pretty high I think due to a lot of people having degrees and working in white collar jobs

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see Series X being anything less than $499, the entire point of Lockhart is to offer a cheaper alternative to the prohibitively more expensive XSX.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I think they were ready to price it at $400 in order to undercut Sony, if say, Sony prices PS5 at $499. But if Sony prices at $599, then MS will price at $500.

Deleted member 2441

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the rumour is true, but this forum has a really fucking bad history of MASS DOUBT and shit coming true lately "no way this is impossible etc etc" and then later on "oh wow /crawl into cave"

Sooooo it wouldn't surprise me either way

The issue is not with the idea of the Series X being $399, it still could be.

The issue is this source is shit tier and for some reason there's still a thread on it. These prices could be 100% true and announced tomorrow and I still wouldn't believe this source.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
What loss? They've already said it's not making a loss for them
They're giving months away for $1 and most hardcore users who likely actually subscribed after that are likely those who even gamed the system to get multiple years of service at dirt cheap and haven't needed to pay anything else yet, not to mention paying for all the content, no way it's not making a loss for them at this stage.

Last edited:

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
It's obvious Lockhart is half the price, becaause it's half the machine, hell even calling it next gen is a stretch..

Jun 4, 2019
I could see these prices happening. It would definitely be huge if true.

At the end of the day, Microsoft wants more Game Pass/GP Ultimate subscribers, so giving people an aggressively low cost entry point makes sense. Toss in a one-month free Ultimate card in the box, and plenty of people will continue the service after the trial.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's crazy isn't One X still 499$
$299
www.microsoft.com

Buy Xbox One X 1TB Console - Microsoft Store

• Games play better than ever¹ • Play on Xbox Live, the most advanced multiplayer network⁴ • Works with all your Xbox One games and accessories • Games run smoothly, look amazing, and load quickly on 1080p screens

www.microsoft.com

Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle (1TB) – Xbox One

Own the 1TB Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle and become a cybernetically-enhanced mercenary with a full-game download of Cyberpunk 2077.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
A gamepass+ digital only Lockhart bundle could turn out a $200 console depending on how you math the value of each piece

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I hope MS is super aggressive with pricing next gen especially now their biggest competitors/rivals in the tech industry (Amazon, Google and Apple) are all starting to take gaming more seriously. I expect MS to build upon what they already have and go all in. make it happen MS. Satya, Amy and Phil give us mic drop moments all the way until XSX launch. :)

Oct 27, 2017
This would be awesome actually since it'll make the PS5 have a real competition for the generation. We NEED that or else you end up with a scenario like Intel/AMD had for several years.

Also, a $200 1080P console would really encourage a faster transition into the next gen. Only hardcore adults or rich kids would get a console at launch but for that price and during a stay-at-home economic collapse, this could make it accessible to the average gamers.
First, the implication is that they would be taking a huge loss and target subscription-based services. Second, It will likely be a discless console with equivalent power to that of the Xbox 1X but with more future proof features, e.g. an ssd. Third, some of the most graphically demanding games like DOOM have ended up on the Switch, because the engine is scalable. Scalability is the future and most developers know it.

In other words, it won't be garbage. It will be a stripped down version of the series X and be fine.

Don't forget that 1080P is 84X less pixels than 4k. I imagine the GPU would be much cheaper while offering the same result if you're playing on a 1080P screen.

Again, this pricing wouldn't make sense to an engineer but as a consumer, it's awesome
1080p is 1/4 the pixels of 4k, not 1/8.
Corrected. I should have done the math, my memory is poop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.