• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Era mods should contact Beyond3D mods and ask whats up. As they are pretty strict there also

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
"Conventional wisdom and history show that our business is one of the more recession-proof businesses," he said. "But I think this will sharpen our need to ensure that we focus on getting the value equation right. And I emphasise value as opposed to price.

"We must be more attentive than ever before to ensure that the overall value proposition in terms of the console and the games – the range of games, the quality of games, the quantity of games – makes this something that our community aspires towards." - Jim Ryan

MS knows Sony are not even considering lower than $500 at this point.
"We've never been first. We've never been the cheapest." - Jack Tretton

These quotes don't mean much to be honest.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're not gonna sell XSX for $399. Far more advanced tech than last gen relative to what was available, and they have Lockhart coming for price sensitive customers.

Happy to be wrong if I am but noone should be getting their hopes up.
It's all dependent on how Sony prices the PS5. If PS5 Digital is 399 XSX is in no way going to be 499.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
Didn't Spencer recently say they aren't fussed about sales numbers? Seems contradictory for them to price that aggressively and obviously take a loss. You can't even get an Xbox one for £200 so there's no chance it'll be that cheap.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a PlayStation person, but I was a little underwhelmed by the game reveals (the hardware seems fine). Only a couple of real "this could not be done on PS4" bits of footage. Maybe 3 real next gen games, a couple of next gen-games that were a bit of a let down, a few really early bits of footage that looked awesome but were almost too short/early to count, and some indy titles.

I would be that surprised if Halo/Hellblade/Forza and maybe 2 more secret but awesome looking games couldn't 1-up Sony, at least for a little bit of time.

And I'm pretty sure I'll be buying an Xbox eventually at some point, for games that aren't on PS5, instead of doing anything with a PC. That said if Xbox arrives a month sooner or something than PS5, curiosity and impatience might get the better of me.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Smart.. now people expect 400, so disappointment will be very high if it's priced at a reasonable 499 or even 599.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit, do do this. XSX will be the same price as PS5.

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
User Banned (1 week): platform warring over a series of posts, prior ban for platform warring
I've been saying the Series X was going to $399 when they revealed the back ports. Its missing the hdmi input, ir port, optical port, and kinect port from XB1. Also they are basically using the same controller so there is no cost to recoup on that end. It mainly has a slightly more powerful apu than PS5. There isn't anything really excotic about it like PS5 is. PS5 has that custom SSD , I/O and higher clock speed gpu with new smart shifting technology. The controller with all those features is going to be costly. PS5 is bleading edge technology that is going to come at a cost. Save those stimulus checks.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Smart.. now people expect 400, so disappointment will be very high if it's priced at a reasonable 499 or even 599.

So now everyone in the world expects 400 based on one person saying Xbox is willing to go down to 400 not even explicitly saying it will be 400?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Didn't Spencer recently say they aren't fussed about sales numbers? Seems contradictory for them to price that aggressively and obviously take a loss. You can't even get an Xbox one for £200 so there's no chance it'll be that cheap.
To be fair, Spencer keeps saying how Sony isn't their main competition. And yet they keep taking shots at Sony at basically every turn.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I figured the reading comprehension would be a bit better when he said they're willing to go down to 400, not even explicitly saying it will be 400 or even that they're planning to need to go down that low. Maybe I should have capitalized this in the title.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
If the Series X turns out to be $400 I will eat my hat. But it would be an amazing " come at me bro" if it happened.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this thread making me laugh. This is why i love era. I cant wait to see if all true.
Reminds me of the fake NX prototype and stuff.
Loving it. Get hype!

May 10, 2019
Yeah I don't think that's how that works.

I'm not saying that it's gonna happen, not to that extreme.

But Microsoft plays the business game, and in some cases they get themselves into a way better position than Sony.

It's a 15-20% chance at this point, but even at that - I wouldn't be surprised at all if at least the Starfield part of this happens.

Besides, if this is the thread to be ridiculous in, let's go hog wild.

Last edited:

Streaks

Oct 28, 2017
I think all this is saying is that if Sony does $399, Msft is ready to match it. This doesn't mean they'll launch at $399 regardless of what Sony does. I fully expect Msft to match Sony's price for the Disc version of the console and undercut them with Series S for an all-digital alternative.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Microsoft will sell a console with SSD, RT capable and modern CPU and RAM for a price of Switch lite or below Switch OG.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I personally expect X will be $479, PS5 will be $479, PS5 Digital Edition $449, Lockhart $349, Intellivision Amico $FIRE-SALE, Switch $249, Salt & Disappointment $Priceless

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
If the ps5 is 499 and the xsex is 399 and the only exclusive is spiderman at launch then I would pick up the xbox. I haven't had an xbox since 360 and could catch up on Halo at least. I wouldn't expect it to be 399 though, that's comically low considering how expensive pc parts are now in comparison to consoles.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Tbh, I could see a digital version of a console having a fairly low price due to the console makers not having to pay retail fees for as many sold copies of games; digital sales would make them more money per sale.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Hell a $299 Digital Lockhart is an Amazing price. But a $199 Lockhart? Half off? IMO Unless the Series X is $600, I don't believe this rumour about half off.

Before the all digital PS5... it seemed like it would be easy to predict the price on these consoles..

$499 Series X
$399-499 PS5
$299 Lockhart

But now I have no idea how it's gonna go
Series X
PS5
PS5D
Series S (which might be only digital)

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if XSX came in at $400, especially if Sony announces their price first. The Lockhart rumor sounds like BS though.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The risk of what Xbox could do to the MS shareholders is fairly minimal and will continue to shrink due to rapid growth in cloud services.

Microsoft's valuation is all tied to Office, Windows and Azure.

I still think this pricing isn't true. I could believe, as people are suggesting, this is as low as they would be willing to go if pushed by Sony.
I believe this last bit is reasonable. This is the lowest microsoft is willing to go, and they will only go this low if Sony forced them to. However it all depends on who announces the price first.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
If this turned out true, then Sony would have no choice but to put the PS5 at $400 or close to. Then MS will be in a situation where they are burning money and the excitement will be back in Sony's camp.

That said I would definitely buy a $200 Xbox

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
$400 XSX still wouldn't make me pick it over the PS5, but a $200 Lockhart would pip my interest to go along side it.

Neither price seem legit though from what I've read of each specs.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't they just have a promo where you get it for $400 if you sign up for a year or two of GP? That's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Improbable, but not impossible.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Cant believe a verified member made this post lol

Verified or not.. try going back in time and read this so called insider (eastmen) old inside scoop on xbox one .. he is way off all the time.. go back to Xbox one X speculation before the final reveal

forum.beyond3d.com

Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

That might work for the launch period. You could always drop to $399 in early 2018 when demand softens.These are promium customers anyway, 50 bucks for six months extra of the fastest thing around isn't so bad. Is BOM likely to be more than $150 higher than the X1S though? ~$40 more for Ram...

ps4 pro has been on sale already under the $399.99 price in the states . Also there is a year of improvements over the course of the year. I am sure the 14/16nm tech has improved where yields will be much better. Ram prices have also come down while speeds have gone up and so on and so forth. We will have to wait and see what MS does with scorpio and what if anything sony does in response. What the systems actually cost MS and Sony doesn't matter to us as a consumer. MS may decide it wants to price match the pro even taking a loss to do so or they might go and make something that can be considered a real generational leap over the current systems and charge a premium.

Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer

And

My wild guess

16GB of GRDDR +$20
No optical drive - $30
Split CPU / GPU +75

That's my thinking

He is no "insider "

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A $299 lockhart would still be an amazing deal, if everything is the same besides GPU power (and the lack of a physical drive)

I'm so excited to finally learn about it

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
I doubt this is true but I sure as fuck hope it is. Light a fire under Sony's ass and bring back actual competition. I'd even consider picking up a Lockhart at that price. That'd be crazy.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Still don't think Lockheart exists.

But if it becomes true.... can't be less than 299.

And it still would make a ton of confusion when Microsoft is selling their games to all plataforms. It would be 5 SKUs with different performance and similar price points.

Is lockheart better than Xbox One X? Why is it cheaper? Why keep the Xbox One X selling if there's a better and much more affordable product?

I'm seriously lost in this hole transition of rumors, all I know is that I can play my games on Game Pass on any 5 SKU + PC.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I think all this is saying is that if Sony does $399, Msft is ready to match it. This doesn't mean they'll launch at $399 regardless of what Sony does. I fully expect Msft to match Sony's price for the Disc version of the console and undercut them with Series S for an all-digital alternative.

For people that read the article. It's pretty much what the guy who gave the rumor is saying

Last I heard it be half the price of the XSX and last i heard MS were prepared for a $400 XSX. I am not sure what the final price will be. I think if sony is $500/$600 MS may try to go in at $200/$400/$500 but we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.