• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
what if there is a diskless XSX?

XSX 450$
XSX DE 400$
XSS DE 200$

btw I still believe that XSX is a 499$ piece of kit

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
These comments make no sense at all. If an SSD or load time/boot up, is worth 200 bucks for you (Which I couldn't care f'n less personally, to be honest, and I'm all about resolutions and polishing and technicality). Then why not go all out completely? I mean the rest of the hardware, with the same logic, would be worth what for you? 800? More? 400 would be the deal of your lifetime then, no?
Your not wrong, i never intend to get lockhart. I will be going full series x. Its already paid for.

also my comment is to kind of say a 200 dollar lockhart is not happening, hence i wont throw my one x in the garbage.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
400? That's a huge margin loss for MS if true but i don't believe it at all.
At this rate the next article is going to be something like "MS ships a free unity of Series X for everyone with an active Gamepass subscription" lmao.
Next gen is going to be expensive no matter what brand of choice you like.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Any actual serious discourse on Sony possibly going 599 is fuckin ridiculous and that alone makes me dismiss this whole thing to be honest.

Even with their arrogance, I can't imagine Sony doing 599, let alone the fact that a 450 bill of materials does not add up with the possibility of a 599 price point. Most likely scenario is 499 for standard/450 for digital, and imo Series X will likely be 500.

The more interesting thing will be if Sony actually manages to cut 100 dollars off the Digital edition to hit the magical 399 price point. I don't think Sony having a 100 dollar price gap between both systems is that out there (especially since in the end they would only benefit from more people buying digital editions), but a 450 bill of materials makes me wonder if 450/399 is possible. I imagine it will largely depend on how much manufacturing, shipping, labor, packing and marketing ends up costing, but I think 499 is the absolute max a PS5 will be going for.

Even with digital edition as Sony's wild card, MS could still very easily undercut it. There's a big difference between just removing a disk drive, compared to what MS is doing with lockhart which is having a GPU that's a 3rd as powerful (and as such will probably be a lot cheaper), in the machine, on top of a very real possibility of also removing the disk drive.

should be interesting times ahead.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
reading the article it does make sense and also likely the reason why we don't have pricing for either system.
Microsoft is willing to go as low as $200/400 for their systems depending on how Sony prices the PS5.

Both are playing chicken with pricing as you can't just backtrack that once it gets out

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Im usually not gaming on console and have been playing mostly on pc the past 10+ years. I have to upgrade my pc though and 400€ for the Series X makes it hard to say no.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are reading this wrong. They're "prepared" to go to $399. Meaning if Sony were to come in and say the PS5 is $449 they'd be able to undercut them.

I think, more realistically, we'll see the PS5 at $549, PS5 digital at $499, Xbox Series X at $449-$499, and Lockhart at $299-$349.

Unless Sony comes out as give us the price in the next 2 months how will they know ?
You have the rumour saying they giving out that info in July but we have no price info from Sony yet .

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be bullshit, because it would be INSANE if true

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
Microsoft isn't going to sell a new console for $200 at the start of the gen (assuming Series X is $400).

I could see the Series X or PS5 being $400, but I don't see Lockhart being half of that, especially when there are still Xbox One's on the shelf that cost more.
Yes. The $200 Lockhart is less believable to me than a $400 Series X. Unless it really is a turd.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Let it happen. Only good things come when the industry is pushed like this. Love this shit.

If I made my bets :

Lockhart $299
PS5 DE $399
Xbox series X $399
PS5 $499

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, if Lockhart is $199, I will buy two extra on top of my Series X, one for my niece's, and one for my nephew's.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I fully believe the threat of something like this or even half as good as this is why Sony haven't announced a price yet. They undercut the Saturn to devastating effect, they know the damage being undercut can do.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I can see a 500 and 350 combo, or a 450 and 300 if they are very agressive, but 400$ Series X sounds like a pipe dream. I mean, if it's true, how are they making money of it? If they are losing money on hardvare and gamepass, are they getting enough on XBL Gold and people outright buying games?

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
And like wtf 200 for Lockheart and a huge fuck you for every retail with a Xbox One/X on shelf. ok.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think the key word is "prepared", as in, if Sony come in at $400 (unlikely) then MS are prepared for Series X to come in at $400.

Otherwise both will surely be $450-$500.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't doubt Phil has some manueverability on price, but going as low as $400 seems like it's from some bad fan fiction.

The bit about one AAA game every other month is also absurd. I'd believe one AAA every 3-6 months, with plenty of AA games between to get close to filling a calendar year.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
How about they just give me a Series X and i'll tell everyone to buy one at $400

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless Sony comes out as give us the price in the next 2 months how will they know ?
You have the rumour saying they giving out that info in July but we have no price info from Sony yet .
I really doubt MS announces the price before Sony unless they're very confident they know what Sony will be pricing the PS5 at.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
If you have an X, you'll want to buy an SX. Lockhart is for people who are fine with an Xbox One S and want a taste of next-gen.

That's what I would think, I absolutely agree, but now scroll a bit back to what I was originally quoting.
Someone with an X who "would happily throw their X into the trashcan" to buy a Lockhart. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, MS could take that loss, but there's no way they will.

Would be crazy to see though, that's for sure.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Im still expecting $500 for SeriesX and $300-$350 SeriesS depending on how aggressive they want to be.
I expect the PS5 to also be $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.