• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The CPU is an 8/8 core/thread. It would make developing for it far more resource needed and would make developers even more annoyed.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its late and I'm exhausted, and my reading comprehension isn't that great right now. Are you saying IF the cpu is 8/8 core/thread developers would be mad?
Yes, it would be even more work to get the game running compared to if the CPU matched the config of the XSX

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this site likes to take one tweet and write like a million articles from it. Never cared for it.

Jun 23, 2019
So this guy basically went into the Next Gen thread and just turned our discussion into a news article? This site is scummy as hell.

Dec 8, 2018
Plz can we ban this site? It's running articles based purely on speculation on something as simple as a comment on Twitter or even from not even verified insiders...

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
So this guy basically went into the Next Gen thread and just turned our discussion into a news article? This site is scummy as hell.

Or they literally read the _rogame tweet that questions if this is the Xbox Series S? I know it's fun to think that our lil bubble is responsible for all of these articles but sometimes others can easily come to the same conclusions.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Or they literally read the _rogame tweet that questions if this is the Xbox Series S? I know it's fun to think that our lil bubble is responsible for all of these articles but sometimes others can easily come to the same conclusions.
You have to forgive him. People on ERA thinks this site is the epicenter to all news. They think everyone watches the site and use it as a point of reference.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
4.0ghz clock...:.

Maybe it'll ship with a bucket o' Mountain Dew to keep it cool

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Yes, it would be even more work to get the game running compared to if the CPU matched the config of the XSX

No, thier code would just run slower on it. Also, all MS studios develop for PC. If they can get thier games working on dual-core and quad-core cpus, adding an 8-core cpu to the mix will not have an impact.

If anyone thinks PC developers will all of a sudden stop supporting quad-core and six core cpus this coming gen due to consoles having 8-core 16-thread cpus, they are fooling themselves. Developers will support as much of the market as they can, and buold thier games as scalable as possible.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
MisterXmedia is still around?

the "secret sauce" aka the patented microsoft super technology that allows chips to be 'sandwiched' between other chips and remain hidden (by even tech people that dismantle hardware) until it is 'unlocked' via a firmware update due to some 'patent dispute'/NDA....i remember that dream LMAO.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
the "secret sauce" aka the patented microsoft super technology that allows chips to be 'sandwiched' between other chips and remain hidden (by even tech people that dismantle hardware) until it is 'unlocked' via a firmware update due to some 'patent dispute'/NDA....i remember that dream LMAO.
Secret DLC hardware. True innovation. Lol.

DarkSlayer

Jan 18, 2018
Pakistan

I just looked at his Twitter account. And damn, this guy is full of himself LMAO. He gets so many things wrong but talks with such confidence.