• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 13, 2019
It depends in what way it's GaaS though. But most likely it will be MP centric, still possible to solo it but not recommended etc. Let's hope it's not the case. Let's hope for a great SP Batman game with a interesting story.
Even Single Player GaaS would be disappointing. Those tend to be bloated games that try to take up time with as many reused activities as possible. Despite how much there is to do in Arkham Knight, it can still be beaten in a reasonable amount of time. The last thing I want is a 160 hour Batman RPG, though I do see how that may appeal to others.

Edit: I hope we get the League of Shadows lead by Shiva as well

Last edited:

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else hoping that this game is going to have a nemesis system al la Shadow of Morder? If there are two Shadow Organisations after Batman, I think they could find a good way to implement this system into the narrative pretty easily.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else hoping that this game is going to have a nemesis system al la Shadow of Morder? If there are two Shadow Organisations after Batman, I think they could find a good way to implement this system into the narrative pretty easily.

Since Batman doesn't kill (ostensibly) and the Court and League have artificial life prolonging methods, it could really work here.

You take out a lieutenant by popping out of a floor grate, and when they show up again, they order their team to sabotage floor grates, like how Mr. Freeze does in Arkham City.

They could also play up how terrified they are of Batman (or whoever you're playing as) in subsequent encounters based on what they player does

Mar 29, 2018
(Dead)Shot
Slip(Knot)
Killer(Croc)

Suicide Squad confirmed? :p
:o

The problem with this is that it would be sort of out of character for Batman to just be walking around the streets of Gotham with a bunch of civilians. It works with Spiderman, but Batman works in the shadows.
You just make him auto-grapnel away if you go down to street level. Like he already does in many situations. Problem solved.

It would be really immersive having the public moping around, especially as a more grounded hero like the bat.

Oct 29, 2017

You just make him auto-grapnel away if you go down to street level. Like he already does in many situations. Problem solved.

It would be really immersive having the public moping around, especially as a more grounded hero like the bat.
Feel like that is taking too much control away from the player. I'd rather have the ability to go to the ground. Maybe people flee, maybe they gasp and clap or something like Spider-Man

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017

Or maybe they don't even believe you're Batman so they just stare at you weird and ask why you are wearing a silly costume. And then if you start grappling around or fighting people they gawk or run away. And they could set the game in a constantly, almost pitch dark setting so you have plenty of places to hide and NPCs won't see you that much anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of less and less inclined to believe this will be at SOP today.

You'd think they'd give ANY hint to watch today. But they haven't.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Please be single player and no to less bat mobile parts.
same, 2015 feels like yesterday. But in gaming terms so much has changed. We have loot boxes, games with microtransactions galore, game companys releasing games that arent finished for at least another year, or how they wanna call it "live service" games.

I just hope that WB has the decency to not be another me2 company and stick one(or all of the above) in the next batman game.

I really liked batman arkham origins, i played the heck out of the wiiu version. So arkham origins 2 is more than welcome.

But all the WB montreal people who put Nintendo switch under their skills tab on linkedin for more than a year does have me wonder if its also coming to switch. I mean why put switch under your skills tab and not even working with the device?

BaronVonJof

Apr 12, 2018
United Kingdom
It would be a bummer though, really want to know now what kind of game we can expect from WB. Maybe they'll just reveal it one of these days with a trailer or maybe at TGA?

Don't get me wrong, I'm itching for a new Arkham game. Hopefully SoP delivers. If not, yeah probably TGA.

When else would they reveal it though? SOP would be the perfect time to reveal because a lot of people will be tuning for Last of Us 2.

True, and I hope we see it today. I Completely agree, makes sense due to number of people watching the stream. If not today you've got to think they'll be looking towards The Game Awards.

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017
Watch there not being a single sign of Batman at the Sony event.
giphy.gif

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
These guys did Origins right? I missed that one regrettably. What's the consensus on that one?

Oct 27, 2017
These guys did Origins right? I missed that one regrettably. What's the consensus on that one?

It's the worst one, imo. Combat relied too much on the electro gloves, the grappling hook was weirdly unable to lock onto stuff that that it should have been able to, there's a giant bridge in the middle of the city that kinda hampers normal traversal, and just a general feeling of a lack of polish. The storytelling is the only saving grace. For all of the flak Knight gets, that game felt polished to me and the gameplay improvements across the board put it above Origins.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

I recall a rumour (I think a solid one, at least as far as I'm aware) suggested that the Nemesis system was a part of WB Montreal's canceled Batman project. The idea, if I recall correctly, was that enemies could escape encounters and be promoted through the ranks of a faction, being broken out of jail and eventually adopting a supervillain persona.

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017
The second best one. It got a bad rap at launch, I think it's the best story of all four, the best designs and the environment is awesome (Christmas Gotham).

Really really underratedm

To be fair, the 'bad rap' was deserved though. I remember at least one game-breaking bug.

But I agree otherwise. Best story for me.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Origins gets a big fat 'F' for building up Black Mask as the main villain only to job him out for another 'it was Joker all along' twist. Fuck them for that.

Game was great otherwise once all the bugs got patched out.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Wait, that's Dave Bautista isn't it? Never knew he was a wrestler, haha.

I enjoyed it a whole lot more than Arkham Knight, boy what a disappointment that game was. But it's not better than City and sure as hell not touching Asylum.

Then watch me be VERY vocal about my disappointment in a thread or two..!!!!!

I feel ya!

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I'm itching for a new Arkham game. Hopefully SoP delivers. If not, yeah probably TGA.

True, and I hope we see it today. I Completely agree, makes sense due to number of people watching the stream. If not today you've got to think they'll be looking towards The Game Awards.

I really don't think WB Montreal would be dropping these sorts of teases if a reveal of some sort weren't imminent, at SoP or otherwise. That wouldn't rule out withholding a full reveal for TGA, though.
Maybe it will be a Game Informer Cover
afaik it's been a few years since any previously unannounced game has made the cover of GI

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, the 'bad rap' was deserved though. I remember at least one game-breaking bug.

But I agree otherwise. Best story for me.
It did have some serious bugs, but I think the main issue with people was that half of the map was the same as in City and, specially, the mid-game twist.

Joker once again, after working towards an interesting story with Black Mask