• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the reactions to this are positive considering Origin wasn't the best received Batman game. For me I'd take anything Batman-related right now. It's been some time since the last game.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
latest

latest

A secret society thats controlled Gotham for generations,
Also have their own assassin group
Hm, kinda reminds me of Hitman.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the reactions to this are positive considering Origin wasn't the best received Batman game. For me I'd take anything Batman-related right now. It's been some time since the last game.
Origins got a lot of unfair hate.
However I think the disappointment of Knight made a lot of people realize their mistake.
Extremely noticeable in the case of Deathstroke. I still don't know WTF Rocksteady was thinking with that.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
It's Court of Owls, innit? We basically got confirmation (from Wikipedia):
Potential Batman: Arkham Game (2020)
On September 22nd, 2019 WB Games Montreal tweeted for the first time in four years on their twitter page. In celebration of Batman Day on the 21st they shined a bat signal on the side of their Montreal headquarters and stated in their tweet "@WBGamesMTL is proud to celebrate Batman's 80th anniversary with rest of the world during #BatmanDay #Batman80". Along with this tweet they posted a video of the bat signal on their building with flashes of symbols that fans recognize to be The Demons Head which represents The League of Assassins, despite this fans could not make out what the other three symbols are with certainty in the beginning of the video. Since late 2018, teases of the Court of Owls have been made by writers and developers yet in the video there was no sign of them, however minutes after the tweet made by WB Montreal, writer Scott Snyder who has worked on multiple DC projects such as Batman: Gates of Gotham tweeted " Wait for it... #bewarethecourtofowls" but deleted the tweet minutes later. Speculation on an official announcement have been pointed towards the Sony State of Play on Tuesday, September 24th by fans and reliable insiders.
Source

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What about this makes people think Court of Owls? Those logos don't remind me of anything related to them.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France

Origins had some the best story in the Arkham franchise and some really cool settings.
The gameplay was a bit weaker than City but it's still an awesome game.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Please please be a cross gen game.
A Batman game will do nicely to show off the power of the new hardware

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't the biggest fan of Origins but I know that it didnt make you fight Deathstroke of all people in a tank. So curious for this lol

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Origins got a lot of unfair hate.
However I think the disappointment of Knight made a lot of people realize their mistake.
Extremely noticeable in the case of Deathstroke. I still don't know WTF Rocksteady was thinking with that.

The direct references to Arkham Origins felt like a last minute thing to me. Firefly seemed like he was a part of the game in the earlier stages, but Deathstroke doesn't even have his own character design (it's borrowed wholesale from Arkham Origins).

My guess is that they had a generic second-in-command character in that role and shoehorned Deathstroke in to give it some character.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Anyone else a little disappointed we're gonna get an emphasis on ninjas and assassins instead or colorful cartoony supervillains

The source material balances both. But gaming always seems to prefer to darker, edgier choice

this post is an assumption

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
The multiple logo thing is really ringing those multiplayer bells. It's probably going to be some kind of faction based multiplayer game set in the Batman universe.

Jul 24, 2018
Origins is set a year before Arkham Asylum, right? I feel that was the thing I didn't like about that game very much as it kinda messed up the continuity a bit, and if you would want to make another Batman game set in that universe it'd probably be hard to cram in. Unless it is post Arkham Knight which I imagine not.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
its gonna be an assymetrical multiplayer game right ?
This is what I'm expecting. 3 way asymmetrical, with one Batman player vs 2 competing teams, Talons on one team and League assassins on the other.

If it was something else, especially a single player game in the same vein as the Arkham games, I'd be very excited, but I think something similar to Gotham City Impostors is much more likely.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since this is WB I'm worried that this game, if it's an Arkham game, is going to have microtransactions in it.