• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thefreecheese

Oct 25, 2017
With the Mortal Kombat 11 announcement to release date breaking our expectations of the marketing cycle, could this come out this year? I know that's unlikely but with the way video game marketing has shifted with the rise of live streams and open communication, I don't think it's impossible.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The latest gossip comes (supposedly) via a QA tester for WB Montreal sounding off in a Discord server, as first reported by the Arkham focused YouTube channel The Flix Fix. This playtester claims - among several other things - that WB Montreal's upcoming Batman game is called Batman: Arkham Crisis, centres around the superhero's Court of Owls comic arc, will release in the Fall of this year, features an open world map almost twice the size of GTA 5's Los Santos, and includes co-op multiplayer functionality.

That's fucking insane if it's true. GTA5 was huge...

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to set my expectations as low as humanly possible.

A Batman 4v1 multiplayer game where one person gets to play as the Batman with his gadgets, and the others are from the other factions. Your goal is to "capture the knight", his goal is to make your life a living hell. Think the Hunter form L4D, or the creature from The HIdden: Source if you are a cool person.

Origins is my fav. of the bunch, so I hope it's more of that. Angry Bats is he best.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
so if they is still part of the same game universe, this would be a younger batman like origins?

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I really, really, really hope this gets announced tomorrow. Arkham Knight feels like it happened ages ago. We need a new batman game!

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't see how people get Court of Owls from those symbols. This here is their insignia:

court_of_owlszxk7h.jpg

The symbols look nothing like that, and I don't see anything resembling a Owl or Talon. The only thing that seems obvious is the demon head (=League of Assassins). Also, the symbols look like they are related somehow, they share similar elements. Maybe different factions within the League?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Tomorrow's teaser will be "Dance the Knight Away" leading to the announcement of Just Dance: Batman 80th Anniversary Edition

Pragmatist

May 30, 2019
Cautiously optimistic. I loved the main trilogy but thought Origins didn't do it for me. It felt a bit unrefined compared to the RS games. Great choice for villains though if true. I hope WB Montreal can step up their game.

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't see how people get Court of Owls from those symbols. This here is their insignia:

court_of_owlszxk7h.jpg

The symbols look nothing like that, and I don't see anything resembling a Owl or Talon. The only thing that seems obvious is the demon head (=League of Assassins). Also, the symbols look like they are related somehow. Maybe different factions within the League?

One of the dev team posted this roughly 10 months ago

degot9moc2221.png

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm glad its back but I think that there is gonna be four different organisations but what ones;

League of Assassins
Court of Owls

but who else?
Joker Gang

court_of_owlszxk7h.jpg

The symbols look nothing like that, and I don't see anything resembling a Owl or Talon. The only thing that seems obvious is the demon head (=League of Assassins). Also, the symbols look like they are related somehow, they share similar elements. Maybe different factions within the League?
some of the symbols look like a barn owl head

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017

court_of_owlszxk7h.jpg

Because it's been rumored for a while and Scott Snyder tweeted and deleted a Court of Owls saying while quoting a previous WB tweet.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

court_of_owlszxk7h.jpg

I don't get it from those symbols, but Scott Snyder tweeted and deleted a mention of the Court of Owls after quote tweeting WB Montreal's Batman Day tweet.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
If you told me after City I would struggle to get excited for another Batman game I'd look at you like you're nuts. Goddamn, Knight was a fucking disappointment in every way.

That said, I loved the Court of Owls arc of Batman so I'm hopeful here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get all the leaks on Court of Owls, but that video symbol looks like the Demon Head to me.......

So I'm confused.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If you told me after City I would struggle to get excited for another Batman game I'd look at you like you're nuts. Goddamn, Knight was a fucking disappointment in every way.

That said, I loved the Court of Owls arc of Batman so I'm hopeful here.

Origins was excellent so I'm casually interested. We'll see what they've got hopefully tomorrow.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A group of high society Gothamites that have secretly run the city for a long time. They have an army of somewhat undead people called Talons. They're a pretty recent addition to the Batman stories.
They also (technically) were responsible for a multiverse Crisis.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That is literally a Demon Head and a stylish A. I would be shocked if its not the League and Ra's Al Ghul as the villain, unless he teams up with the Court.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The timing of this is suspicious, State of Play is tomorrow. Hm....

Also hard to get hyped with WB Montreal, Arkham Origins was really rough. Hoping they've stepped it up.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

court_of_owlszxk7h.jpg

There seems to be a 'freemason-y' symbol evolving over time, in addition to it morphing backwards from a Demon's Head symbol. The former fits with it being an antagonistic secret society.

It could be both.

Last edited: