• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

On the stream right now. This must be the Wayforward game. This was leaked quite a while ago from YouTuber NegativeLegend but nothing came of it, until now.

www.resetera.com

Bakugan title tentatively lined up for Switch; developed by a studio that "Owns one of the characters in Smash Bros. Ultimate"

Card game / anime youtuber NegativeLegend went to the sneak peak for the Bakugan reboot a few weeks ago, and naturally the subject of a video game came up. It's "wait and see" existence, and even its guarantee to come to Switch weren't particularly newsworthy IMO, but he got a clue on the...

Interesting.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I don't say this often since I usually have rather low expectations ....buy wow they really don't have a clue what kind of audience would watch this stream.

Nintendo trolling at this point.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo buying WB games confirmed?

Trolling aside this does look better than pokemon

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
This was the worst stream meltdowns I've seen in a long, long time.

They probably shouldn't have been teased this on any level but at least the reactions have been hilarious

"Cheap looking game based on a failed series from 13 years ago. Got it." One of the comments on the steam. Apparently this was a popular game amongst children ages 6-8 in 2009. Neat.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping for a 2D metroid game by Way Forward. Boy was I wrong lol.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Not for me, but hope it's good for those who might be interested in the game. Though I don't really know many Bakugan fans. *shrugs*

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't watch the stream, but the thread title made me think "I guess there was an extra announcement in the Treehouse?" until I read the OP. I can already imagine how everyone else felt.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Do they still make Bakugan?

JD_Lars

Oct 2, 2018
I feel like this would have been better announced as a Tweet with a link to the video on their Youtube page. There's going to be a lot of toxic responses coming I think.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
Regardless of how goofy you think the Bakugan IP is, it could've made for a good video game.

This doesn't look like a very good video game.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Wasn't the DS game a niche hit with an active fanbase ? Still this looks UGLY, it makes Sword and Shiled look good in comparison.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
This somehow looks worse that Inazuma Eleven Ares before it was rebooted for the first time... I remember kids loving the franchise around here so hopefully it will be a hit for them, it doesn't need to be an AAA game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So it's another in a long line of Wayforward payroll licensed games. Competent but not special

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
The first Bakugan game on Wii is actually pretty good. Both it and the sequel on Wii were by NowPro (the OG Sonic Riders dev) and had a pretty great soundtrack, this song in particular:

Interesting that the license ended up at WB Games, as it was with Activision prior. The IP had a rebooted show and toy line very recently so this makes sense to bring back. Never expected Nintendo of all people to reveal it like this. How bizarre.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This isn't like a resurrected IP, this is a toyline they reintroduced a few years ago that their licensing. It isn't like, say, a Zoids game where Zoids in the US is dead.

For those that say it would make a good game, can you expound on that? My kid collects these things but the gameplay isn't super deep or anything, I think it would have the same depth as, say, a Beyblades game.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Nintendo had to come out with that clarifying tweet yesterday because the blowback would be even worse than it's going to be lol.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
2020 making me even look at Treehouse Live some kind a way....that's messed up.

Makes you wonder who signed that off considering the audience that watches these kind of streams is usually more core oriented.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Maybe this is how Nintendo feels about the target audience for Paper Mario games nowadays

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
This isn't like a resurrected IP, this is a toyline they reintroduced a few years ago that their licensing. It isn't like, say, a Zoids game where Zoids in the US is dead.

For those that say it would make a good game, can you expound on that? My kid collects these things but the gameplay isn't super deep or anything, I think it would have the same depth as, say, a Beyblades game.
811a4RKOabL.jpg