• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something for Danielle or Jeff Gerstmann:
7597a7391b1b67dea21292afd73895ea1443812872_full.jpg

8d1b6191325d197fcc117b9aff935ee61443812885_full.jpg

be213f3c3d0dc5d734644d227c7d4d911443812898_full.jpg

DiscreteCleverGoshawk.gif

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
So I was relistening to the pod with Austin talking about not playing FFXIV and then near the end they talk about Bernie Sanders hypothetically playing FFXIV for his twitch channel as a samurai

Found this and I'm dying

Oct 27, 2017
On the subject of weird Evangelion-related stuff, this R&B/New Jack Swing remix album from the composer is full of bangers despite the extremely corny raps (all the Mali credited songs).

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Rob is watching and referencing BA on the podcast. The GB-Waypoint(VG?)-BA circle is complete.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Like I'm pretty sure this all started because Rob talked about BA on waypoints once and I was already on the BA train so I do the thing I do where I find a crack and start pushing it as hard as I can.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
boy I hope Austin says something about the bullshit re: same sex relationships in the new fire emblem cuz wow is it some bullshit

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
oh no no no please don't be some fucking weird ass shit

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I haven't finished it yet and haven't seen anything other than what characters have S ranks available. Can you link me to something here?
take a look through this thread, specifically the last few pages

basically MLM are getting a single option once again (while WLW are getting a couple options at least) and, while said option can potentially end up with another male character, the game goes out of its way to be as vague as possible if that happens

it sucks and I can't bring myself to buy this game anymore

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
take a look through this thread, specifically the last few pages

basically MLM are getting a single option once again (while WLW are getting a couple options at least) and, while said option can potentially end up with another male character, the game goes out of its way to be as vague as possible if that happens

it sucks and I can't bring myself to buy this game anymore
Fucking dammit. 2019 got me again.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
I won't say it's great but at least we don't have gay panic or drugging people to be straight. But I wish there were more male/male options.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The way they talk about the cab game makes me curious how they feel about va11hallA

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So I know we're a few episodes away from it but I love

the bit with all of humanity screaming as they're turned into uterine fluid while a bunch of energy crosses manifest over the hotspots of life lost. It's some really good stuff.

I hope they recognize just how effed up that moment is for several billion people.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

the bit with all of humanity screaming as they're turned into uterine fluid while a bunch of energy crosses manifest over the hotspots of life lost. It's some really good stuff.

I hope they recognize just how effed up that moment is for several billion people.

The song that plays during that sequence is great too. Especially the text.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The song that plays during that sequence is great too. Especially the text.
Yep. I dunno, maybe it's morbid, but I always enjoy a massive loss of life in media sort of just for its scale and intensity. When it can make a dark pit appear in the bottom of my stomach, that's some good shit. Spec Ops: The Line and Devilman Crybaby are things I'm going to treasure for a long time because of that.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Isn't the implication is that they totally could just get back to normal, it's just that nobody really wants to.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the implication is that they totally could just get back to normal, it's just that nobody really wants to.
Sure but they didn't know that when they were screaming bloody murder as they were turned into orange goop. Look at the control room's reactions for example.

Like imagine that you were just doing your shit at 3PM and suddenly a bunch of naked blue-haired teenagers showed up and embraced a bunch of people around you who turned into TANG and then turned to you a split second later, hands reaching out. How would you react?

Edit: Also I clearly watched this out of order because DD came out eight years after End of Evangelion but Komm Susser Tod sounds like a B-side from Gorillaz' Demon Days album. That could totally have fit between Don't Get Lost in Heaven and Demon Days on the album.

Edit2: If we really stretch this concept out like a third of the world would be asleep when they got gooped. Probably the Americas. Like, you go to sleep after having a good night of watching Frasier and drinking some wine and then it's 4 AM and suddenly you're shaken awake just to become some milky Orangina. What a thing that is.

Last edited:

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original English commentary on EoE points out that the
screams are ambiguous about whether they're screams of terror or screams of ecstasy. You see that even from the range of reactions from Fuyutsuki and the bridge bunnies.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017

Despite my critique/distaste of Evangelion as a whole, End of Eva is some peek existential horror.

It probably wouldn't be as horrific if you didn't see people who clearly are mortified by what's going on. I forget her name but the lady on the laptop when she gets tang'd was deeply upsetting to watch.

Spec Ops is great and I love it for being such a downspiral into misery. Don't know why it resonated with me so much and Evangelion didn't. Probably being a game and me partaking in the events and Walker's degradation and ruining probably did more for me than just watching Shinji and company deal with their issues.

And letting me have a weird unhealthy? suicide outlet at the end of Spec Ops probably makes it hit really hard for me.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite my critique/distaste of Evangelion as a whole, End of Eva is some peek existential horror.

It probably wouldn't be as horrific if you didn't see people who clearly are mortified by what's going on. I forget her name but the lady on the laptop when she gets tang'd was deeply upsetting to watch.

Spec Ops is great and I love it for being such a downspiral into misery. Don't know why it resonated with me so much and Evangelion didn't. Probably being a game and me partaking in the events and Walker's degradation and ruining probably did more for me than just watching Shinji and company deal with their issues.

And letting me have a weird unhealthy? suicide outlet at the end of Spec Ops probably makes it hit really hard for me.
Really? I had interpreted
Maya's personal Rei as ecstacy for seeing a vision of Ritsuko return her unrequited love.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The original English commentary on EoE points out that the
screams are ambiguous about whether they're screams of terror or screams of ecstasy. You see that even from the range of reactions from Fuyutsuki and the bridge bunnies.
Firstly, lmao, bridge bunnies. Cute name.

Secondly, I guess my read on that was bleaker, but that's kinda par for the course with me at this point. Hell I still find the original series ending to be only sarcastically positive and actually really sad, so I guess that puts me at odds with most people.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I always viewed it as a Star Trek thing, mostly from women in miniskirts handing Kirk tablets so he could flirt with them.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Spotify description for Waypoint Radio seems inaccurate.
About
What's good, Internet? Join Waypoint's Austin Walker, Daniell Riendeau, Rob Zacny, Patrick Klepek, and Natalie Watson three times a week, as they break down the biggest stories in video games, talk about their favorite media, and unfairly compare everything to Dark Souls

I have never once heard them unfairly compare anything (let alone everything) to Dark Souls.